Chapter 4 : The Two Suspects

Chapter 4 : The Two Suspects

A Chapter by T.K.F

Chapter 4

When the bell rings, Nishra Gupta collects her bag. On her way out, she stops for a moment to give her new teacher a smile.

Then she walks towards her locker. She opens the door and starts to arrange her books. However, her eyes fall on a newspaper clipping. She takes it out and reads the title again.

Two High School students of Mayafiya disappeared after a mysterious explosion.

“Nishra?” She hears some footsteps and looked up. She sees Nikhil coming near her direction. The young boy has discarded his archer's clothing and is now wearing the normal school uniform.

The Archer's leader had shoulders length black hair and an oblong face shape.  He also possesses a well-defined forehead with dark brown eyes. His nose is sharp and he owns a cute but narrow chin.

His tie is loose but the black-and-white uniform is complimenting his slender body.

She takes two steps backwards when he tries to touch her neck.

“Does it still hurt?” He asks with a soft voice.

“The pain, has subsided but it still winces!”

“I am so sorry, you know it was an accident right?”

She nodded and cramps her left elbow. “You will never hurt me on purpose.”

“What do you have in your hand?”

“Oh, it’s nothing!” She tries to hide it behind her back however it falls down.

Nikhil bends to pick it up.

“Nishra?” He exclaims in a loud voice. “Why are you still holding this? I told you to get rid of anything related to them. Do you want someone to have doubts on you?”

“I can’t act as if nothing happened!” She replies with a desperate voice. “We were there Nikhil! And we saw what happened!”

“Shush!” He comes closer and places his palm over her mouth. “We are not responsible for the explosion!”

“But we witness everything! Our statement can be a great help for the police!”

“Even if we go at the police station, do you think they will believe us? Everyone knows they are searching for two suspects. They will assume it was our plan!”

Tears runs down on her cheeks. “I can not bear this burden, Nikhil! I feel guilty!”

“That night, after escaping the Flamboyant Club we promised to protect each other's secret. We have no choice, we have to stick on our decision.”

He cups her face and with one hand. Then, he gently wipes her tears.

At that same moment, they both hear a loud whistle and they turn behind.

When Nikhil sees his Archer’s teammates, he grabbed the article with a quick move and toss it back in the locker. He slams the door by giving it a powerful kick.

Pratiyush his best friend was eying him with a big grin on his face. His brown eyes are dancing with amusement. He is followed by Mohini, Nikhil’s sister. She is a few inches shorter than her brother. The girl had dark brown hair, sculpted cheekbones and an oval jawline.

Pratiyush was the first one who reach them. “Khil?” He addreses Nikhil by using his nickname. “Are you two having a PDA session in public?”

Nishra’s face becomes red, and she attempts to defend herself.

Her voice lacks power and it does not help to break her timid image. “No! It’s not true!”

“Of course, we know, it’s not true!” Mohini intervenes, she flips her hair and gives Nishra a nasty scowl. My Bhai, does not have such poor taste. He will never date a girl like you!”

“Mohini!” Nikhil shouted. “Don’t talk to her like this!”

“Okay, fine! I don’t want to start a fight, we should go at the cafeteria to have lunch! Baisha, Drasthi and Parth are already waiting for us.”

Nikhil let out a loud breath.

“Nishra?”

“Sure.” He waited for her to lock her locker and then they both went behind the pair.

Location : Teachers' dorm of Dilkendra Institutes
Time : 6:00 A.M


Abigail P.O.V

The next morning my phone rings and it wakes me up. I become startled because last night, I hardly have any sleep.

I spent the night analyzing the students' data and I even watched some camera footage. So far I did not find anything suspicious. Except for Nikhil, his eyes tend to  wander too much towards Nishra. He observes her every time he gets a chance. And he does not even try to be subtle.

It's as if he wants to let her know, he has control over her. I also discover one thing.

Nishra is adopted and she just recently came to live at Dilkendra. Her adoptive mother is actually Nikhil’s father secretary. No wonder, the spoilt brat likes to show her his power.

I hear a second ring.

“Yes, Dadi!”

“Abigail? Why are you sounding so tired?”

“Nothing, I just been working all night.”

“Have you taken all the responsibility by yourself? You could have asked one of your colleague to help you!”

“After the blunder which they caused, I want to survey the work myself.”

“Well, I don’t blame you for thinking this way but you should learn to trust them again. You can’t shoulder all the responsibility by yourself!”

“I understand, but it’s nothing which I can’t handle.”

“So, how was your first day at Dilkendra Institutes?”

I remember Nishra’s innocent face. “It was better than I expected.”

“ Ah, I can sense something different in your voice. Did something happen?”

“Actually, I wanted to ask you something.”

“What is it? My princess?”

“You know ever since my brother Sevik betrayed me, I only focus my mind on my work. However, now I think maybe it will be nice to have a companion.”

There is a pause on the other line.

“Are you trying to tell me, you want an adoptive sibling?”

“I want a sister!” I answer without beating around the bush.

Her voice became agitated, “You found someone there? Isn’t it?”

“Now, Dadi, please don’t panic! She is a nice girl and I am sure if you meet her, you are going to appreciate her noble soul!”

“I am not panicking!” She protests, however, her tone betrays her. “I am just surprised! Usually you don’t make a request like this! Most of the time, you appear-”

I cut her off. “Insensitive?”

“Exactly!”


“But Dadi, I am tired of feeling this way. Maybe having a friend will be a nice experience. And you know well, my life incorporates too many risks. I may need an heir for my empire.”

She pauses again. “It's true you will need someone to carry your legacy in the future. And it might not be a bad idea.”

Hopes begin to fill my heart. “You are accepting my decision? Can I take her in?”

“However, I don’t think it’s the right moment.”

My expectations drop at once. “ But why?”

“It’s too soon!”

“Dadi! It happened four years ago!”

“I said it’s too soon! Now don’t argue with me! I called you because we found a new lead.”

I sideline our argument and listen with attentive ears.

“What is it? Our team manage to catch a crucial image. It showed the number of the Jersey."

“Wow, that’s awesome! This will help us to advance on our investigation."

"However, before we could decipher it properly, we encounter a problem with our server.”

"You should contact me when you receive the results.”

“You can count on me!”

“Dadi?” I hesitate before saying the next words. “About what we spoke, earlier.”

“I said I don’t want to hear anymore discussion on this matter! Just focuss on your mission!”

She hangs up, and I stare at the receiver, disappointed.

Location: Flamboyant Club  Time: 7:00 Am

Arnav walks nears his brother’s office, and he places his hand on the top of the chair.

He signed, last night he received the order to take his brother to one of the confinement room of the club.

Sevik did not even let them have a proper funeral for Vivan. The only piece of information which Arnav knew is that, the young rebel gave their men a command to toss his nephew on the ocean where the sharks will feed on his corpse.

“I did expect some changes where the main chief will arrive. However, I never thought we will witness all our hard work collapsing like this!”

He turns behind when hears a loud noise. Someone is opening the door.

Arnav sees the two bodyguards first. Then Sevik pushes them aside before penetrating inside.

He makes a surprised expression when he sees Arnav. “Oh, you are here! It’s nice to see my right-man already in action.”

Arnav cramped his fingers together. I am not your right-man.

“Oh, were you going to occupy this seat? I mean it’s your right. After Gaurav, you are the next one in charge.”

Arnav removes his hand immediately, and he tries to make his voice more respectful. “I will never dare to do something like this! This seat has always been yours!”

“Good! Now why don’t you step away from my chair?”

The young teenager walks near the table with a proud smile on his face. He took a cigar, and he sniffs it. “You must be thinking, why you are free? While your brother is captured?”

“I would be lying if I said it’s not true.”

“Am I sensing a hint of menace in your voice?”

Arnav immediately bowed his head. “No! Of course! Not! I know where my place is!”

“How generous of you? He places the cigar down.


“You don’t need to act smart with me! We know what’s going on. I might be the main chief however I know there are still a few men who will do anything for you and your brother. I am keeping you here as a pawn. A hostage, if you prefer. If he tries anything from his jail, I will not hesitate to kill you. And if you are planning a sabotage against me, I will eliminate him. It’s just as simple as this!”

“I can assure you! We will not do anything to reverse your rule.”

“I am the last person in this world who will trust you. But let’s move on. Any news about the two suspects?”

Arnav showed him a report. “My men found an important information. The police has been hiding a link from the public. It’s confirmed they are two students from Dilkendra Institutes.”

“Dilkendra Institutes? The neighboring city? I heard last year, it received an award for achieving the lowest rate of criminality. Where would two well-behaved youngsters come here to cause trouble?"

Darsh and Teja managed to lure a few clients from there.”

“Hmm, how interesting maybe these two wanted to take revenge. We were ruining the lives of their classmates after all.

They placed the bomb to warn us.”

“If your theory is correct, then we might be facing a bigger enemy. And this person is controlling the two students.”

“Can we get in contact with our clients from Dilkendra?”

“Since, the police is keeping a tight surveillance on us. It will be a grave risk to make those students enter here again.”

“Okay, try to be discreet! Take some men with you. Place near the school and try to identify the ones who frequent our club.”

“Then?”

“Don’t approach them directly! Try to make a list of their connections and keep an eye on them. If you find anything suspicious, you will report back here.”

“You are aware, this might take a lot of time.”

“I know but right now, we don’t  have any choice. And when we find our guilty party, I will reserve them a fate much worse compared to Vivaan.”



If you like this story please read my upcoming Novel Lossell High : Locked Memories at : http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/TKF/1969809/


My facebook fan page : https://m.facebook.com/lossellhigh/?tsid=0.9600160778826037&source=typeahead

My Twitter :https://mobile.twitter.com/TaJnikumariFutt

My youtube channel : https://youtu.be/8bSNTVm-nMc

My Blog :https://www.blogger.com/blogger

My wattpad link : https://www.wattpad.com/user/NishtaKumari

My instagram : https://www.instagram.com/lossell_high/?hl=en

Kindly, leave a like and a review on the comment section :)





© 2018 T.K.F


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

48 Views
Added on August 11, 2018
Last Updated on October 27, 2018


Author

T.K.F
T.K.F

Mauritius



About
Hello, my name is T.K.F and I am a Mauritian self published author. I like reading books, mangas and I am a big fan of anime. more..

Writing
A Spider's Web A Spider's Web

A Poem by T.K.F


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by T.K.F