Chapter 5 : Rivals

Chapter 5 : Rivals

A Chapter by T.K.F

Location : Dilkendra Institutes

Time : 7:58

Abigail P.O.V


I am in a foul mood when I reach Dilkendra Institutes. And I do not even bother to hide it. One of my students, a geeky boy named Aditya is walking by my side. And he keeps stealing fearful glances from me.


I realize, I am making an unnecessary scene. I decide to calm down.


However, my heart becomes sore once again when I see Nishra inside the classroom. She seems to be in a happier mood today.

I want to free her from those devils but I guess it will not be possible for the moment.


"Okay students! Settle down and let the class begin."


Before the first break, I see Nikhil passing her a note.


Nishra quickly opens the folded paper but shakes her head. However, he gives her an insisting nod.


I pretend not to notice but I become curious. "What's cooking between those two?"



Soon the first bell rings. Most of the students exit. The piece of paper is still on Nishra's desk.



"It will be wrong for me if I read it." I try to look away but my curiosity overpowers my senses.



I walk there and grab the note.



It reads:

At lunch, meet me at the stable house. I have something important to tell you.



I crush the paper. "Is Nishra stupid or what? Why did she agree to that spoilt boy's demand?"



I pace around the room. "And him! How dare he? He wants to lure her in a scheduled corner and harm her?"



I throw the paper inside the bin. "I will not allow it! I have to find a way to prevent him from leaving!"


My anxiety for Nishra grows. "But how am I going to do this? Dadi clearly said I should not get involved in this matter.



The bell rings again and the students start to walk back inside. "I am sorry Nishra but this is not my business anymore. And it's your choice if you agree to meet him. Dadi is right. I should just focus on my mission."



At lunch, Nishra is the first one to leave while Nikhil waits for a few seconds before he follows her.



On his way out, he throws a deadly smirk at me.



For the next ten minutes, I don't react to his provocation. However I soon give up after remembering the . I gather my map and walk out.



When I step out, I notice the young Aditya again. 



"Hey you!"



He jumps when he hears my voice.



"Have you seen Nikhil?"



"Nikhil? I think he went towards the stable house."



"Okay, thanks!" I shift my eyes and I see a glimpse of the archer's shirt disappearing outside the main building.



I follow him and stop when he reaches the door. I observe as he pushes the portal and enters inside.



I move closer and place my ear against the wooden portal. For a moment I hear nothing.



Then Nishra clears her throat and speaks. "Wow, it's so big!"



"Really? You like it?"



"Yes, it's impressive! So fine looking!"



"Maybe, someday, you can ride it!"



I frown and resist the urge to burst inside. "Ride? Ride what?"



"Oh no! It looks too scary!"



"Don't worry!" Nikhil's voice is laced with seduction. "I am going to guide you."



"No, I still cannot imagine myself on such a big chariot. It's a great wonder! Soon, you will operate on this vehicle."




"Well, I am not the one who will drive it, you know my speciality is archery. However the instructors, think having the notion of horse riding is a great advantage for an archer."



"Yes, I understand. You can never predict an emergency inside a battle."



"If I pass my test, there's a high chance, they will become my permanent horses. As you already know, my aim is to become the highest knight in the Adunik's palace."



"Adunik?" My blood boils when I hear this word. "It's no wonder why I hate this kid. He wants to work with them. And he is already trying to influence Nishra."



Without caring about anything else, I shove the door open.



"Ah!" They let out loud shouts when they see me. The young students are standing on a railing. It seems obvious they are observing a pair of sleeping horses.



"Miss Abigail? Nishra asks with a curious voice. "What are you doing here?"



Nikhil narrows his eyes towards my direction. "Isn't it obvious? She came to spy at us!"



Nishra places a hand over her mouth. "What are you saying?"



"I did not come here to spy on you!" I measure my words with each step I take. "I saw your note on her table. And I want an explanation from you, Nikhil! You know, its not good manners to invite a girl alone in a place like this!"



Nishra's face turns beetroot. "You are getting things wrong! A minute ago, the instructor was here. He went out to take his lunch. Khil just wanted to let me see his future chariot!"



Khil? Is this his nickname? I pause and reflect my actions. Did I misunderstand their relationship? I thought there were enemies. However, now they seem to be friends and even something more. 



I chase the thought away from my head. The situation is confusing, however, I am certain about one thing. I can not let Nishra stay under his influence any longer. My gut feeling is telling me she is under a great danger if she remains with him. I don't care if I go against my Dadi's wishes. I will take Nishra out of Dilkendra. And I will do it now!




"Nishra, come with me!" My voice is chilly and full of determination.




"No!"




It's not her who gives me an answer but Nikhil.




"Khil?" Nishra questions him.




"You think, I did not notice your little games? Ever since you came to this school, you are showing an unhealthy interest in her!"



His words gives me a deep shock. "Me? You are the guy who keeps tormenting her as your victim. And I am sure, you lured Nishra here because you wanted to harm her. All boys think alike!" 



I climb the ladder and face him with a great fury.


To hell with my cover.



To hell with my mission.



To hell with everything and everyone!



I am going to neutralize this rich spoilt brat and take Nishra away from his clutches.



The young girl steps away and she stares at us with terrified eyes.



The tension is rising and a fight is about to begin.



Nikhil is the first one who throws a punch. I block it with ease. I hide a smirk, that kid did not have any idea with whom he is messing. My confidence shatters when I feel a blow on my jaw. That little sneak takes me by deceit. I touch the spot where he hit me. I have to admit one thing. He is strong for his age.



My blood is dripping on the floor. I become afraid my white makeup would come off.



Without wasting any more time, I skip behind him and held both of his hands behind his back. He yells with pain.




"No!" Nishra cries. "What are you doing? Leave him!"




He turns towards her. "Nishra run!"



"What?"



"Get away from here! She is dangerous!"



"No, don't listen to him! He is the one who will hurt you!"



"Why are you two behaving like this? You are scaring me!" She looks at us back and forth. Unfortunately in her panic state, Nishra slips and fells off the railling.



Landing directly on the chariot. She clenches her leg and yell. "Ouch! My foot! It hurts!"



"Oh no! We both lean over to check on her."



However a different sound catch my attention. One of the horse shakes his head and stands up. It is in our best interest if the chariot remains still. Or else, it can take the girl away.



"Nishra, calm down don't panic! I am coming to get you!"



I look at my right side and see Nikhil who is already moving towards her direction.



"Hey you! Stop right there!"



I catch up with him, dragging him away by using his collar.



He tries to drive me off however in our struggle we both fell down as well. I land on the hay, while Nikhil's elbow ends up hitting Nishra's foot. And his body rolls outside the vehicle.



She scotts away and emits a louder sound of pain. "Aaaaah!"



We all became silent when we hear a loud intake of breath.



The second horse is awake and it gives us a confused gaze.



He gets up at once and tries to take Nishra away. However in his haste, he trips over his own feet and accidentally activate the mechanism to release the horses.



Within a few seconds, the door open and the fake gun resonated in the air.



Nishra stares at us with wide eyes.



As we both watch the horse spring inside the school yard taking her with them. 



"No! No! No!" He places his hands over his head. "What have I done?"



"Well done Buffoon! Really well played!"



"Shut up! Instead of arguing, we should catch up with the chariot and rescue her!"



"Kindly, leave this task to me! I don't need an amateur like you entangled between my feet!"



I take my position, ready to run.



However Nikhil ousts me one more time. He is already in action, there is only a short distance between him and the target.



I clench my jaw. That kid seems well-trained for his age. He has impressive skills and it makes me more suspicious about him.



The horses are making a great ruckus. Out of control, they circle the whole premise and destroy all the gardens.



Then, attracted by the smell of food they rush towards the canteen. 


Teachers and students run away when they see them approaching.



There they stomp on the tables and break the chair.



The two animals ravage the whole place in less than one minute. 



Panic runs on Nikhil's face. "We have to stop them before Nishra gets hurt.



"Really? Do you have a brilliant idea? Sherlock?"



He gives me a glare. However at this instant, an apple pie came flying. It hits him on his face. I laugh at him and in retaliation, he picked a chocolate milkshake and pours it on my head.



"Yuck that's disgusting!" I yell and push the glass away.



"There! There!" He mutter with a dark tone. "We are even!"



The horses are continuing their rampage. We scowl at each other for a short moment before jumping on the chariot.



Nikhil kneels by Nishra's side and wraps his arm around her.



"The reins! Pull the reins, boy!"



"You think I did not think about it? The speed is too much for me."



"Gosh! You are good for nothing!"



I get on my four and walked in front. The horses are not slowing down and have now entered the main hallway. 



The driver's seat is a considerable distance from us.



"I am going to bend over. You guys hold my legs."



"Okay! I'll help you." Nikhil answers as he stands up. 



"Be careful!" Nishra cries. "This can be dangerous."



I take my position and try to catch the ropes. The straps come on my hand and I pull them with all my force. However the next second, they detach from the horses and fly away.



Nishra witnesses this and lets a hysterical scream. "No! I don't wan to die!"



Nilkhil hauls close towards his friend and tries to calm her down. "Shush, we are not going to die!"



I slide back inside the chariot and say in a grim voice. "I am not sure about this. The reins were our last hope."



If you like this story please read the first chapter of my upcoming Novel Lossell High : Locked Memories : http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/TKF/1969809/

My facebook fan page : https://m.facebook.com/lossellhigh/?tsid=0.9600160778826037&source=typeahead

My Twitter :https://mobile.twitter.com/TaJnikumariFutt

My youtube channel : https://youtu.be/8bSNTVm-nMc

My Blog :https://www.blogger.com/blogger

My wattpad link : https://www.wattpad.com/user/NishtaKumari

My instagram : https://www.instagram.com/lossell_high/?hl=en

Kindly, vote for the story and leave a review on the comment section :)



© 2018 T.K.F


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

40 Views
Added on October 23, 2018
Last Updated on October 27, 2018


Author

T.K.F
T.K.F

Mauritius



About
Hello, my name is T.K.F and I am a Mauritian self published author. I like reading books, mangas and I am a big fan of anime. more..

Writing
A Spider's Web A Spider's Web

A Poem by T.K.F


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by T.K.F