Chapter 6 : Deceit

Chapter 6 : Deceit

A Chapter by T.K.F

Chapter 6 : Deceit

Location : Dilkendra Institues

Time: 12:35

Abigail's P.O.V

"What's going on here?"

We all lift our head when we hear a loud female voice.

Nikhil and Nishra suddenly become alert.

"Oh No! It's Mrs Roshan!" They exclaim together.

"Who is she?" I ask with a curious voice.

"The vice principal." Nikhil explains pushing his long hair behind. "She was absent for two days."

"Where is her voice coming from?"

"From the school radio, it covers the whole premise."

The woman speaks again.

"I want you to pay attention to my words. We have already solliciated the instructor. However, we agree the vehicle should be empty before we try anything. I can understand it's difficult for you to jump from the chariot. I have evacuated all the students and barricaded the whole exits. The teachers are placing mattresses on your path to facilitate the operation. When you see them, don't hesitate to jump!"

The horses are still continuing their trajectory and they did not show any signs of slowing down.

"If you understand my words, please raise your hands."

Nikhil and I both follow her instruction however Nishra kept her hand down.

"Nishra?" He questions with a worried tone.

"My foot is still paining! What if my condition worsen after my fall?"

He gives her a hug. "I know it's hard however if we continue like this, we might lose our lives!"

She locks her eyes with and finally lifts her arm.

The chariot wiggle and we saw the mattresses.

I know it's time to act and I declare. "Well, it's now or never!"

I place myself in position and jump. The big cushion ambushes my fall however it did not stop me from rolling on the marble floor.

I stand up, worried, for both of them.

They move together and Nikhil holds her close. He places his arms around her and they both leap. I feel a bit envious when I see this scene. He is using all his force to shield her.

Nikhil is the first one who stand while she remains down clutching her injured leg.

"I can not bear it!" She yelled with a painful voice.

The horse's instructor arrives, and he manages to calm the animals.

"Finally, it's over!"

"On the contrary, Miss Matthews, things has just started."

I turn behind and face a woman who had red fury on her eyes.

"I demand an explanation!"

Nikhil and I are inside the principal office. Nishra needed medical care. And only the two of us are left to face the consequences.

To be honest, when I first heard about Mrs Roshan, I expected her to be a complete copy of Mr Ravichandra. 

However to my surprise, she turns out to be the exact opposite.

The woman has a powerful aura, and it's difficult to compete with her.

I feel like a toddler, powerless and speechless.

Nikhil exchange a hasty look with me. Then we look back at her when she bang her hands on the table.

"You did not answer me! How did the three of you land on this chariot?"

"I wanted to see the horses with Nishra. However, an accident happened and we fell down on the vehicle. Our teacher, here, wanted to rescue us."

I do not miss the disdain in his voice where he utters the word teacher.

Mrs Roshan flares her nose. "Haven't you read the school's guidelines? You need permission from the office first! Or did you act like you always do? You boycott the rules by using your father's influence?"

For a tiny moment, I feel pity for him. I don't want to be in his place.

"I am sorry, mam." He answers bowing his head down. I won't do something like this again.

She sighs and changes her target. Mrs Roshan places her focus on me.

"And Miss Matthews? How do you explain your presence in the stable house?"

"I saw the instructor leaving, and I thought it would be dangerous to leave these two kids alone."

We are both lying however in front of this situation, I don't think we have a choice.

"How thoughtful!" Mr Ravichandra intervenes. "Mrs Roshan, I don't think we should sanction Miss Matthews for this brave act."

She turns her head towards him. Her eyes is still spitting with fire. "Stay away from this! It's because of your carelessness that Dilkendra Institues is losing its value."

Her words are enough to keep the principal's mouth close.

"Anyway, this does not explain how this incident triggered. And how did you two have those bruises on your faces? Did you initiate a fight?"

"We got it from our fall." I reply without batting an eyelid.

Nikhil nods going along with my story. At the same moment, there is a knock behind and I see Mrs Parmeshree appearing near the door.

"Mrs Roshan? Can I see you for one minute?"

"Sure!" She stands up to meet the nurse.

"Do you have any news about Nishra?" Nikhil asks at once.

She gives him a nasty look. "Thanks to your little ploy, the wound on her neck has reopened. The pain of her foot is not serious but I don't think, she will be able to walk today."

Mrs Roshan ponders on her words. "In that case, I am sending her back home. She will give them a hand tomorrow."

"As for you, after school hours, start cleaning the mess you created."

                               ***********

Location : Dilkendra Institutes

Time -18:00 PM

Abigail's P.O.V

Due to our mutual dislike, Nikhil and I don't occupy the same section. I volunteer to clean the gardens while he chooses to rearrange the canteen.

I did not inform Dadi about this incident, I am sure she will scold me for neglecting my duties.

Being a nomad, I don't have any knowledge about gardening however I try my best to rebuild its structure.

At six o'clock, a janitor comes to inform that I can stop my work.

I feel relieve, I welcome his news with a cheerful mood. 

"I am just going to take a warm bath, grab a good meal and sleep."

I walk towards the tap to wash my hands and follow the man with my eyes. He is heading towards the cafeteria and is holding a package. I grow curious and decide to tail him.

He goes straight towards Nikhil. "Mr Dārayavahush?"

The young boy turns behind. "Yes."

"You can stop your task for today. The Vice-principal ask you to continue tomorrow."

"Oh, great! Thank you for informing me."

I notice he is using a courteous tone with the worker.

"That's mean he does not make any class difference." For some reason, I found his gesture sweet.

The janitor speaks again. "Oh, one more thing. The school tailor ask me to give you this."

"Great! Is it my new jersey?"

"Yes, she asks you to handle it with more care. You ruin the previous one too quickly."

Nikhil removes his gloves. He waits for the janitor to leave before he put on the jacket. I bend down when he turns in front of the window.

However, lucky for me, I manage to catch his number.

I take a couple of deep breaths. I have to calm myself.

The detail remind me of something. I scoot away from there and I make my way towards the teacher's quarters. 

I turn behind, making sure there is no one following me.

I take my mobile phone and dial my grandma's number.

"Hello, Abigail? I was just about to call you. We finally deciphered the number. It's-"

"Seventeen."

"Yes! But how did you find out?"

"Dadi." I take a brief pause. "I think I track one of the suspects."

She does not speak at once.

I enter the elevator and press the button. It's only when I step outside, I hear her again.

"Good, now be careful and don't let the principal know you are not a real P.R.S.C agent."

I place the card key in its position and push the door.

Before entering inside, I answer using a grave tone.

"Don't worry, I understand. And beside that old fool has complete faith in me."

                   ***********

If you like this story please read the first chapter of my upcoming Novel Lossell High : Locked Memories at : https://www.wattpad.com/story/59309785-lossell-high-locked-memories

My facebook fan page : https://m.facebook.com/lossellhigh/?tsid=0.9600160778826037&source=typeahead

My Twitter :https://mobile.twitter.com/TaJnikumariFutt

My youtube channel : https://youtu.be/8bSNTVm-nMc

My Blog :https://www.blogger.com/blogger

My wattpad link : https://www.wattpad.com/user/NishtaKumari

My instagram : https://www.instagram.com/lossell_high/?hl=en

Kindly, vote for the story and leave a review on the comment section :)



© 2018 T.K.F


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

41 Views
Added on November 3, 2018
Last Updated on November 11, 2018


Author

T.K.F
T.K.F

Mauritius



About
Hello, my name is T.K.F and I am a Mauritian self published author. I like reading books, mangas and I am a big fan of anime. more..

Writing
A Spider's Web A Spider's Web

A Poem by T.K.F


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by T.K.F