Chapter 7 : Nikhil Darayavahush

Chapter 7 : Nikhil Darayavahush

A Chapter by T.K.F


Nikhil P.O.V

At night around ten, I tapped the door of my brother’s room.

“Khil? “What are you doing here? At this hour?”

“Can I enter inside?”

He gives me a long death stare and then replies. “No, you can’t!”

He tries to close the door but I block it with my right foot.

“Ram, please! It’s important! It’s about a mission.”

“All right, come in.”

“Thanks.”

Ram switches the light and chuckles when he sees my outfit. “Wait! Are you feeling down? Why are you wearing your Superman’s cape?”

“You can say it’s something like this.”

I dive on his bed without asking for his permission.

I sense his disapproval however I brush it off.

“You should really start growing up! Anyway what did you want to talk about?”

“Well, Sir has assigned me a case.”

“Wait, I think you should discuss these matters with your teammates not with me!”

“But! I want an advice from a senior agent!”

“We are only one year apart. Beside I am a solo officer while you work with a team!”

“Exactly! I don’t know why Dad did not support my decision of working alone! I always wanted to follow your path.”

A flash of anger entered Ram’s eyes. “I explain this to you several times. It’s better if you don’t copy my working method!” 

“Okay! I get it! Actually, till date, I still don’t understand why you are so touchy about this matter!”

“Khil!” He warned with an angry voice. “Drop it!”

“Fine! Let’s get back to my problem!”

“What advice do you need?”

“I am having some trouble with a case.”

“You seem preoccupied during the past few weeks.”

“It happened before the school term. S.I.R the chief of our agency informed me that there is a small group of students who frequent the Flamboyant Club.”

“What? There are from Dilkendra Institutes? I had no idea!”

“So, I decided to join them to find out more about their activities. As you already know, the past researches of P.R.S.C has shown that Sevik has a direct relationship with the club!”

“Wait! Are you trying to tell me you went to the location alone without your teammates with you?”

I give him a nod.

“Boy! Are you stupid? It was a big mistake to think you can handle this by yourself!”

“I know, I made a blunder!”

He continued to give me a lecture while pacing around his room. 

“I am going to repeat this! Unlike me, you work in a team. When you are in the field, you need someone to cover your tracks. That’s the basic rule we learned in our formations.”

“Ram!”

“What?”

“I am not done yet!”

He rubs his hand on his hair. “My bad! Please continue!”

“However, before I entered the building. I saw two goons harassing Nishra.”

“Nishra? What was she doing there?”

“You don’t remember? She did not find all her school books in Dilkendra. She had to go at Mayafiya.”

“Oh right! I remember, I was there when Dad gave her permission.”

“Yes, and to get to the train station! She had to pass near the club’s entrance.”

“Wait! Let me guess. She got in trouble and you went to her rescue!”

“How did you guess?”

“Khil! I know you have a crush on this girl.”

“That’s not true!”

“Listen, my little Bhai. There’s no need to play those games with me. I saw your reaction, when Dad announced that Nishra was going to stay under our roof. ”

“So what? What's the big deal? Mrs.Gupta, Nishra's adoptive mother had some work at Adunik's Captital. He mentioned it was only for one year.”

“Mohini vehemently opposed that an orphan girl will stay with us. I was just curious. While you did not give a damn.”

“So? I still don’t understand what you are trying to say.”

“You change your attitude when we went to receive her from the train station. When you saw Nishra, it seems you found a lost treasure.”

Even though I know he is right, I try to get over the matter. “Anyway, that’s not the main point.”

“Right we are getting off the tracks. You can go on.”

“As I was saying, I came between them and defended Nishra. They became aggressive and wanted to force both of  us to enter the club. But then something weird happened. ”

“Something weird?”

“We all saw a strange white smoke surrounding us. And the next thing we heard was a big explosion.”

“Oh, now I get it, you were there when the bomb got activated. Furthermore, you even interact with the two students before their death.”

“Yes, I couldn’t stay over there because Nishra was with me! So I took her hand and we both fled towards the train station.”

“Listen, I am not blaming you for coming in her rescue. However when you help her, you missed a golden chance to capture the one who placed the explosive.”

“I know that! But, I could not complete my work because I know she will become suspicious.”

“How did you explain your presence near the club?”

“I told her nothing! However she assumed I was there to take drugs.”

“Drugs?” Ram begins to laugh. 

“Well done, first you made a mistake on your mission and then you even manage to fall in the esteem of your crush!”

“I know! And I feel like a failure right now.”

“That would explain your superman cap.”

“After the incident, as the days goes by she seems more distant towards me.”

“Don’t worry, your relationship will repair itself. Just give it time.”

He takes a brief pause before continuing. “You still did not tell me what you want from me.”

“ Did S.I.R ever put you in competition with someone else?”

“No, he don’t have any complain about my work. I am one of his most disciplined agents.”

“Damn, then you won’t understand my situation!”

“Wait! Don’t tell me?”

I give him a nod. “As you are already aware, I don’t have any evidence and I can’t perform a secret investigation in the club. The owners are already on their guards. And S.I.R recently revealed, he planted another agent in the case. It seems he has progressed more than me.”

“What! That’s mean you have a rival. Oh boy! Dad won’t be pleased! He will not like it if you lose.”

“He does not have to know!” 

“Relax, I won’t tell him anything. But? Do you know the agent's name?”

“S.I.R only gave me his coded name." I stop and speak again. "RV.”

“RV? I never heard this name at the agency. I am certain, he is not in the Adunik’s section. Is he a newbie?”

“I don’t know and I don't care. His name does not even seem like an agent. It’s more like a DJ’s name.

“Yeah!” Ram agreed folding his arms together.” A moment later he adds. “A very cool DJ name.”

“Well let’s not get too carried away. If S.I.R chose him, then I don’t doubt his capabilities. However, I am not declaring my defeat yet. I have a small theory of my own.”

“Let me hear it.”

“I have strong reservations on Miss Matthews.”

“Miss Matthews? Your new teacher? Are you kidding?”

“Listen to me! There is something sinister about her. It’s a gut feeling.”

“Oh, please! You are just jealous because she is paying extra attention to your girl.”

“That’s not true!”

“Then what about the rumors about the stable house?”

“What rumors?”

“Oh do I need to refresh your memory? You assaulted her!”

“How did you find out?”

“Let me tell you a secret! You are not the sole popular boy from Dilkendra Institutes. I have my sources as well.”

“Who are they?”

“Like hell, I am going to tell you. I need some people to keep tabs on your activities. Little brother!”

“That’s not fair!”

“Speaking of fairness, I still think it would be better if you discuss those things with the rest of your team.”

“Again? With my team? I told you before, I want your advice!”

“I appreciate you are giving me such a big respect but it’s high time you take your responsibilities. As your older brother, I am giving you an order, go get a good night of sleep! And tomorrow find your teammates!  Analyze those points together with a fresh mind.”

He grabs my arms and drags me out of his room.

“Ram!”

“Goodnight Khil!” He shuts the door on my face.

I remove my cape and start to march towards my room. “Visiting him did not lead me to any progression. However, his behavior is still strange. He always become sensitive when I bring the fact he is a solo agent.”

I yawn and turn my doorknob. “Well, I can find out about this later. Right now, I need to focus on my case. And unmasked the real face of that b*****d named RV.”

********

If you like this story please read the first chapter of my upcoming Novel Lossell High : Locked Memories at : http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/TKF/1969809/

My facebook fan page : https://m.facebook.com/lossellhigh/?tsid=0.9600160778826037&source=typeahead

My Twitter :https://mobile.twitter.com/TaJnikumariFutt

My youtube channel : https://youtu.be/8bSNTVm-nMc

My Blog :https://www.blogger.com/blogger

My wattpad link : https://www.wattpad.com/user/NishtaKumari

My instagram : https://www.instagram.com/lossell_high/?hl=en

Kindly, vote for the story and leave a review on the comment section :)



© 2018 T.K.F


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
Added on November 12, 2018
Last Updated on November 12, 2018


Author

T.K.F
T.K.F

Mauritius



About
Hello, my name is T.K.F and I am a Mauritian self published author. I like reading books, mangas and I am a big fan of anime. more..

Writing
A Spider's Web A Spider's Web

A Poem by T.K.F


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by T.K.F