Who Am I?

Who Am I?

A Chapter by TL Boehm
"

Disclaimer: Its a Christian poem. If christian poetry makes you nauseous - please don't read. If you do and you become nauseous - I tried to warn you.

"


Who Am I - SP II Aug 14, '08 1:54 PM
for everyone


Mat 24:6  When reports come in of wars and rumored wars, keep your head and don't panic. This is routine history; this is no sign of the end.

 

 

 

Sleep, precious one

The sheltered oblivion of innocence

Passes quickly

In the revelation of darkness and light

 

Mat 24:7  Nation will fight nation and ruler fight ruler, over and over. Famines and earthquakes will occur in various places.

 

 

 

But consider the intimate whispered things

The divinity of DNA

I made you to stand unshaken

Uncompromised

Unforsaken, Child I am with you

 

Mat 24:8  This is nothing compared to what is coming.

 

The celebration of death

Macabre mutations of sacred and profane

Black and white will blur

And you will cry alone

Over gray shadows of lives

That might have been

 

Mat 24:9  "They are going to throw you to the wolves and kill you, everyone hating you because you carry my name.

 

 

 

But you have the courage

To stare death down

I am your forever

Each beat of your heart

Remembers my promise

 

Mat 24:10  And then, going from bad to worse, it will be dog-eat-dog, everyone at each other's throat, everyone hating each other.

 

 

 

Eyes blind they stare

At the mirrored reflections

Unable to recognize

The sanctity of a human life

But you’re not among the walking dead

 

Mat 24:11  "In the confusion, lying preachers will come forward and deceive a lot of people.

 

 

 

One way, one truth, one life

This mantra whispered

In the cacophony of choice

Residue of lost souls, multiple paths

To a destination of perpetual separation

Just follow me….

 

Mat 24:12  For many others, the overwhelming spread of evil will do them in--nothing left of their love but a mound of ashes.

 

The conditional provisions

Bound, gagged and shackled

This was never my way

 

Mat 24:13  "Staying with it--that's what God requires. Stay with it to the end. You won't be sorry, and you'll be saved.

 

Sleep precious Child

I will wait for you in your future

When you know its not in the victory

But the struggle

You will find me where I’ve always been

Within

I bring you Peace.

 

Love

Dad

 

TL Boehm

www.tlboehm.com

Peace.

(all scripture references taken from the Message Bible paraphrase)  



© 2014 TL Boehm


Author's Note

TL Boehm
Its late in the day - and I trust the only ones who will come and read are the precious ones who either get me or let me be what I am - without passing judgement. I'm not popular. I'm not even smart most days and so often I am unprepared for this battle called life. So I just come to you, heart open - soul naked, and I hope you don't dismiss me as weird.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

wow - I love how you mix your poetic gift with the scriptures here. A message here for everyone; Christian or not truth be told; I agree that the warning is definitely here but also there is an underlying light of hope as well. what a beautiful prose you've written here.

*hugs*

laura

P.S. Ok...you're a little weird hon, just like all the rest of us :-)

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Tammy this is beautiful, and deep, and reaches to the depths of heart and soul, and reveals a well of spiritual feeling. Thank you so much for sharing it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow - I love how you mix your poetic gift with the scriptures here. A message here for everyone; Christian or not truth be told; I agree that the warning is definitely here but also there is an underlying light of hope as well. what a beautiful prose you've written here.

*hugs*

laura

P.S. Ok...you're a little weird hon, just like all the rest of us :-)

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I am part of the second crew - no judgment zone. I don't think you are weird; I respect that you are staying true to who you are.

I like the structure you set here, TL. You send a "dark" message here, but there is one gift - Hope. It keeps us going.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

710 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on August 14, 2008
Last Updated on September 4, 2014


Author

TL Boehm
TL Boehm

a stones throw or two from Big Blue, MI



About
My heart loves you even if my words fail me. Married, middle aged, fluffy, and deeply missing my grand bean. By day I work from home for a foundry. By night, I spend too much time playing around w.. more..

Writing
If I Fell If I Fell

A Poem by TL Boehm



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I Run Away I Run Away

A Poem by Rain