Marcus Aralais II

Marcus Aralais II

A Chapter by Tayler Riouff
"

New London falls to the line of rebels and the remaining civilized folk flee to the last safe place they have.

"

To the Head of the Royal Legion

         On 18th of March, the Great Copper City of New London, the last city state of free men and women, fell attack to the forces of the Outer Rim. They attacked from the sky at approximately 8:14 PM at such an alarming rate, with ferocious accuracy, utilizing the natural cloud covers of the steam clouds to the west, in such a manner that we were not able to amass the royal fleet in time. Their ships decimated the fighter forces. Immediately the Heads of Parliament decreed the remaining fleet shift its focus to civilian evacuation to the Sky City of Sanctum.

         Regarding the effectiveness of the remaining soldiers in evacuation of the Northern District, well done. Your efforts in organizing a swift exodus to the ports have been noted and proper compensation for your labors will be rewarded in due time.

         Regrettably, New London lies in shambles, occupied by the vermin that drove us from our glittering home and into the clouds. Scouts have attempted to assess their conquest of the city only to be captured and, presumably, killed.

         Jonathan, myself and the other Heads of Parliament fear for your wellbeing. Reports state that you were on duty in the Western Districts when the attacks hit. Lucy has been posing inquiries to Doctor Williams regarding your mental health. Please, for the sake of the poor girl, visit the Doctor.

         My daughter’s birthday falls on Sunday and my wife is having the maid bake a delectable cake. Join us for the festivities. It will look good for us all if you are noted as present.

        

Sincerely,

Second Conductor of the Inner Circle

Chief of Societal Construct

of the Great Copper City of New London

(And your friend)


Marcus Aralias 11



© 2013 Tayler Riouff


Author's Note

Tayler Riouff
This was my summer project that I, unfortunately, was forced to abandon as classes began.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
Added on November 8, 2013
Last Updated on November 10, 2013
Tags: science, fiction, steampunk, fantasy, love, passion, pirates, pain, loss


Author

Tayler Riouff
Tayler Riouff

Cullowhee, NC



About
Rainy days, lattes, jazz, leather bound journals, and leg warmers. I study professional writing and philosophy. I'm addicted to coffee and tea. I question everything, know little, and love to writ.. more..

Writing
Say Say

A Poem by Tayler Riouff