My Definition of Perfect

My Definition of Perfect

A Story by Blackrose22
"

This may seem like a love story and in a way it is, but this love doesn't have a very happy ending. I suck at summaries. Just read the damn thing. Warning its sad.

"
Every time he kissed me I felt the butterflies in my stomach. Every single time for nearly five years now.  He made my heart sing as cheesy as that sounds. He is my everything and every time he kisses me he reminds me.
I felt his arm tighten around my slender waist and he pulled me closer. His forehead was resting against mine and his thin red lips were in a grin. I could feel his eyelashes as he opened his eyes. Suddenly his captivating crystal blue eyes were staring into my Brown eyes. We stayed like that silently on the sidewalk in front of my house. 
I broke our silence as I said, "Promise me you won't ever leave me?" 
"I couldn't if I tried to. I love you Imogen.", He replied before kissing her softly once more.
"I wish I could stay here in this moment with you forever. I feel safe here with you." She said breaking the kiss and putting her head on his chest. She pulled her arms tighter around him willing her arms to pull him as close as he could get. He was her sanctioned. Her salvation, he was her everything.
"It's almost time Immie. Just think... We have prom in tomorrow, then as soon as we graduate we have our plan and we move far away. You'll be safe. It'll be you and me versus the world." He said as he stroked her lush dark ginger hair trying to sooth her. His other hand went up to trace one of the bruises on her arm lightly.
"I love you so much Cain. I don't know what I'd ever do without you." She said as a tear escaped her eye and was absorbed by his loose black t-shirt.
"You'll never have to know Immie I'm yours forever." He told her and his long brown hair got in his eyes, but he didn't feel the need to fix his hair just yet. he didn't to to move either of his hands. 
"I should go inside now..." She said biting her bottom lip and looking up at him as a single tear fell from her eye.
he moved his hand that was tracing her bruises to her face and wiped the tear from her face, "You're too beautiful to ever cry . Please don't cry Dear. " 
"Cain, You're perfect. Absolutely perfect." She said as a smile overcame her. 
"Perfect is only a matter of opinion."
"Then my opinion is that you are my definition of perfect."
"But opinions can change."
"Not this one, Cain. Never this one."  He laughed at her and soon they both were laughing until he stopped and watched her for a moment. She really was the most beautiful girl he'd ever seen.  Her eyes can still sparkle with innocence and purity after all the hardships and struggles she faced. It amazed him how she could still smile, but she did and she laughed and every time she did his heart skipped a beat. Little did she know he was the one that needed her. No matter how many times she said she needed him. It would always be him that needed her the most. She made him smile, she made him good. She made him want to be perfect. 
"If any things happens call me I'll come over again. Or you could just spend the night."  He asked her hopefully he hated it every time she went home. His stomach twisted in pain of the thoughts of what happened to her behind the doors of her house. 
"That worked so well last time. I don't want the cops showing up at your doorstep again. They might figure out somethings wrong. I can handle it. He's probably asleep anyways he never notices when I come home late." She told him reassuringly. 
"Promise you'll call in an hour? If you don't I'm coming over. I'm sneaking threw your window again." He told her.Then kissing her cheek he said, "I'll talk to you in an hour dear." 
"One hour", She said then kissed him one last time then continuing, "I love you, Cain."
"And I love you as well , Miss Imogen Marie Goettling" He told her grinning and walking back but holding onto her hand until the last second he kissed her finger tips then got into his car. He knew her, she would refuse to go into her house until he drove away. He used to argue with her to watch her go inside but she would always win the arguments. 
She watched him drive down the street before walking up the sidewalk leading to her doorway. She silently unlocked the big white wooden door and walked into her house. She made it a full two steps to the staircase when his drunken slurring voice boomed from the living room. 
"Oh. So glad you showed up."
"Father, I'm sorry I didn't know you'd still be up." SHe said still not turning to face him. Her shoulders were tense now and she bit her lip terrified of what was soon to come.
"LOOK AT ME GOD D****T!" He screamed as he stood up throwing his beer bottle to the ground. Upon hearing it shatter she slowly turned to face him but looked at her feet the entire time. She knew as soon as she looked at him he'd see the tears in her eyes. He'd see the fear in her face and then he'd go off. She knew she was only delaying the inevitable.
He staggered over to her and attempting to grab her he only knocker her over and grabbed her face in his hands roughly shouting, "Look at me! I said to look at me!"
Her eyes were flickering around the room she was desperately looking for sometime of distraction from this when he  roughly let go of her face and pushed it to the ground. 
She sat on the ground and squeezed her eyes shut. 
"Why are you acting so afraid of me? I'M YOUR FATHER! Do you want me to hurt you? Is that it? Your acting like I'm hurting you.  What the hell are you doing?! Get  The hell up!" He ranted towering over her laying on the ground she was crying and her eyes still closed shut.
In one swift movement as the anger bubbling inside of him overflowed her hit her across her face with one punch. She let out a squeal accidentally and it only fueled his anger. He hit her again in her side.  He lifted her up by her shirt and yelled, "STOP BEING SO SCARED OF ME!" 
She slowly opened her eyes, but still avoided his eyes. His evil burning eyes that branded her very soul each time she looked into them that was what hurt her the most, his eyes.  She whispered as she finally allowed the tears to fall, "Dad, you're drunk." 
He let her go and turned around grumbling to himself. She laid on the ground afraidto move yet. She stayed there sniffling. She brought a quivering hand up to her face she could feel the heat radiating from what was bound to be a huge purple bruise. She could never show up to prom tomorrow with this. Wait, Cain... He was expecting her call, she didn't even know the time. He couldn't see her like this. To him she was the miracle, she was the one person who was always happy if he saw her crying and whimpering , if    he saw how pathetic she was then he'd surely lose the respect  he had for her. He'd still love her of course, but she couldn't let him see her like this, never in 5 years has he, and he never shall.
 She slowly sat up and saw her father passed out in his chair an opened bottle laid in his hand as he snored. She sighed and got up as she walked up the stairs to her room. 
She quickly took out her phone and called Cain.
"Hey Beautiful, Everything go okay?" He asked her.
"Yeah, yeah I'm good."She said in her fake happy voice, he never could tell the difference from her pretending and her real happy voice.
"So big bad dad was still sleeping?"
"Not exactly... But he was okay tonight, I swear. But... He did want to talk." She told him uneasily.
"He wants to drive out to see grandmother tomorrow, it was a spur of the moment decision. I tried explaining prom but he started to get angry. I'm so sorry are you mad?"
"No. It's not your fault. I will pack up a bag to come with..." he started but was interrupted.
"NO! That's sweet but you can't come..." he said nervously.
"Why not? I've come to see gran before..." 
"I want you to go to prom.. Please all of your friends and team-mates are going. I have no friends you know that you're all I have. No one will miss me. Please go have fun? For me? And dad said it was important just me and him went... I was too nervous to question him, you know how he can be." She said speaking so fast it was almost impossible to understand.
"I don't want to go with out you Immie."
"But I want you to have fun please... I'd feel awful if you missed out on this because of me. Just no girls. I know Sapphire has her eyes on you she's wanted you since last year." She said teasingly, but secretly she was serious. Sapphire was the one person she was worried about.
Sapphire was beautiful, head cheer-leader, and perfect. Not the stereo-typical kind of perfect either. She was sweet and kind. She cared about everyone and loved everyone. She was also Cain's best friend since seventh grade. It was obvious to all that she has also been in love with him since seventh grade. Regardless when Cain chose to care about a lonely, outcast, quiet and awkward girl she decided to care about her too. No matter what Imogen did she'd never be as perfect as Sapphire. She was always happy, as in really happy. She had everything: Beauty, Brains, Friends...Everything except Cain and no one not even Imogen understood why Cain would ever like Imogen over Sapphire.
"Oh Imm, You know Saph isn't like that she'd never go after me. She knows I only got eyes for you, besides she's all in love with some guy from Florida remember?" 
"Sure she is... Just saying remember I love you..." She told him sincerely.
"I love you too and if anything changes please call you know I'd be there in a heart beat." he said causing the corners of her mouth to twitch upward.
"I have to go I'm really tired."
"Goodnight I love you Immie."
"Night Cain, I love you too."  And she hung up her phone. 
The moment she hit end the tears started pouring down her face. As if she pulled the curtains down in one big flash. She was a wreck. She curled up in her bed her knees to her chest and sobbed. 
It hurt, it hurt so bad. Her bruises seemed almost nothing compared to the feeling in her chest. She felt scared unloved alone. She felt like no one understood. She exploded with feeling she kept inside. She wanted someone to understand.  Someone to truly love her, the real her. But who could love this? This crying mess of nothing. She was hopeless a loss cause. Just like her mother. She was bound to die, to disappoint. Cain was the only thing that kept her wanting to live, but he wasn't enough to stop the flood of emotion that overwhelmed her every night.
She took her Small piece of glass she kept from a broken mirror. It was stained red with blood. She angled the tiny glass so that she could see her own eyes. She held the tip of the glass to her fore arm and slowly she drug the blade across looking herself in the eye the entire time. 
She did it again, and again, and again. So many times she stopped counting. She let go of the glass. She was holding it so tightly there were cuts on her thumb and finger. She focused on her arm and watched as the blood came out in a spotted line across each cut. Some deeper then others. The deep ones had blood that ran down her arm and wrist, over the palm of her hand and her fingertips she watched the blood drip onto her bed. Staining the light blue sheets with red. 
Her eyes prickled with tear then she felt it. SHe felt all the pain it had. She felt the burning. it hurt her a lot. But the pain brought her back down to reality, that made her smile, the pain that is. She was messed up and she knew it. This is why no one could ever know her secrets. The can't know the only thing that really makes her happy was her blades and cuts.
Meanwhile After Cain hung up the phone he was on his way home. Not even three minutes later came another call. Without looking at it he answered and heard sniffling and crying, "Cain? I need you please? I know it's late, but I just I can't be alone right now." 
He knew that voice and he knew it wasn't a question he was going to help her, he had. He loved her, she was his best friend.  So he he said firmly, "I'll be at your house in 5 minutes Saph." 
He arrived at her house and she opened the door her eyes were rimmed red and her cheeks stained with tears, "He left me Cain... He was the last person I had, My sister moved out. My father ran out when I was 3, My mother is... well you know... gone... He was the only person who I thought loved me... And he left me for some sleazy chick."
He embraced her in a hug and they walked to her couch. He put his hand on her shoulder and said, "You have me. i love you Saph." 
Her natural full red lips spread out into a forced smile and she pushed her perfectly strait blonder hair behind her ear she looked down and said, "Not like that. I want someone to actually love me. I want real thing. Why is it so hard for someone to stay around me? Everything I feel something, even a little spark, the guy leaves.  Am I that hard to be with Cain? Be honest you are the oldest friend I have."
"Sapphire, you are beautiful. You're stubborn and you're extremely hard to deal with. But that's what makes you perfect. Don't you ever think you have no one I'll always be here. I might not love you 'in that way' but I love you as much as its possible for me to love my friend and that's a lot. You and Immie are my life. there is no one I'd rather have in my life. You make my life better Saph, you make me smile. You are my best friend."
She looked up at him smiling for real, he could always tell when she was lying or not. She locked his gaze for a moment her light sparkling green eyes locking his oceanic eyes. 
Then she broke it looking down and biting her lip holding back her words. She always did that. Cain never understood why, they told each other everything. So why would she always break a moment and hold back her words? What could possibly be so wrong?
He decided she was worked up enough and he wanted to make her happy, "So I'm guessing you're kinda screwed for prom... Well I guess we could you know go together? That is if you feel like going..."
She looked at him questionably, "Imogen..." She started but he finished her sentence and said, "Is unable to attend so I thought why not go with my other favorite gal."
"Hmm. A place full of judgey people who will mainly be drunk. people who ultimately hate me and despise me and who will all think we are having secret sex and will create rumors that will make Imogen hate me more then she already does? No thanks Brah."
"Immie doesn't hate you she just.... She's insecure, she gets scared and she has nobody either. You two are really quite alike. There's just one difference I can tell between you two."
"And that is?" 
"You are a TERRIBLE liar. Oh and she doesn't snore like you do..." He said grinning.
"I'm not a bad liar, you just know me too well... AND I DO NOT SNORE MISTER!" She said gasping and hitting him on his arm playfully.
"So I'll go make the popcorn you get the blankets and we'll set up our makeshift couch/bed comfy zone for the night like always and watch Netflix 'til we pass out?" He asked her then smiled as he walked to the kitchen.
"As always!" She said beaming then grabbing as many blankets as she could take. She put the blankets on her couch and sighed. It was wrong. So wrong, which is why she'd never tell him she was in love with him. He could never know. 
He spent the night as he always did when one of them was upset. They laughed and watched many Romantic comedies. they ate popcorn. Everything was harmless. 
Morning came and she woke up cuddled up to him his arm around her waste. She sighed in perfect bliss. He was everything she ever wanted.  Everything she couldn't have. 
He groaned and she jumped up from her spot and ran to the kitchen to make herself some cereal. Soon he was awake and he stumbled into the kitchen making himself some toast. 
"I was thinking maybe we could hang out here today. I don't feel like going and I know you don't want to go with out Imogen so why not just chill here in our Pajamas? I mean  it beats getting drunk and tired then passing out in the bathrooms eh?" She said hopefully, if he really wanted to go she'd obviously go, but it wasn't what she preferred.
"I've never been more glad to hear you speak Saph. You are the best... Since I don't have to get ready... I'm going back to bed."
"Its 2 in the afternoon! You didn't even eat your toast!" She called out to him , but her only reply was a groan. She giggled before returning to the couch to sleep herself. not even eating her own cereal. 
Hours past for them when in her room staring into a shattered mirror sat Imogen. She touched a hand to her bruise on her cheek.  There was no way she could ever cover it up.  She sighed and tried to call Cain for the eleventh time today. She through her phone at the wall in frustration breaking it. She began to cry even more and between her sobs she said, " Cain where are you? I need you Cain."
She glanced at her clock that read 5:57 and bit her lip so hard it drew blood. She couldn't cry too loudly or he'd hear... and that's the last thing she wanted. 
She sat in her room for who knows how long before she couldn't take it she needed her release. She took her blade and began her routine.
Suddenly the door burst open and Her father stomped through, "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?" he yelled at her.
SHe didn't answer, he wasn't drunk right now. He was sober which was much, much worse.
"I SAID WHAT THE F**K ARE YOU DOING?!" He screamed once more and knocked over her nightstand. She flinched and he caught it. The flinch made him snap. Now He slapped her across her face over her already dominant bruise. He took her shoulder then through her off the bed. "You're worthless. Just like you're god damn mother. You trying to kill yourself like her? She left you. not me. She left because she was weak just like you. No one will ever care about you. just like no one could care for her. I pitied her and stayed with her that's all you'll ever get. Pity."
She was curled in a ball in the corner over room her hands covering her ears she kept repeating the word No in her mind. He was wrong. 
"DO YOU HEAR ME? You are weak. You are pathetic. You are nothing. Go ahead kill yourself. See who gives a s**t. Cause it sure as hell won't be me." He said before leaving her room and slamming her door shut. 
She couldn't take it she needed Cain. So she put on her house robe and snuck out her window. 
It was now 7:03 Cain was still in his pajamas and he sat on Sapphire's couch they were watching another pointless movie and joking around when she did it again she bit her lip holding back something. Finally Cain spoke up,"Why do you do that?"
"What on earth are you talking about?"  She said rolling her eyes.
"Bit your lip. You hold back .You don't say what's on your mind."
"trust me you do not ant to hear what I'm thinking." She said shaking her head.
"Why not?" he asked her seriously and searching her face to see what she might be feeling. 
"Because, deep down you already know." She said shrugging her shoulders and avoiding his eyes.
He put his hand on her chin and softly moved her head upward so she was looking him in the eyes, "Please tell me."
"It's the same reason I can never have a real relationship. the same reason They always get messed up."
"What is it?" He asked her furrowing his eyebrows and looking at her with such kindness she couldn't hold it back any longer.
"I can't keep any relationship because I'm in love with my bestfriend since 7th grade. He's the only person I want to love me. And no matter what I try I can't not think about his eyes. Or how perfect he is. And I can't tell him because he is in love with another girl and she's perfect. She never cries around him and she's strong and me? I'm nothing." She said looking him straight in the eyes and expecting him to run out screaming. 
Instead he kissed her and she relished it with every fiber in her body the feeling she's wanted to feel so long her stomach exploded with fireworks and suddenly she pulled away abruptly
"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!" She yelled at him
"Uh-" 
"UH! UH?!? CAIN YOU CAN'T JUST KISS ME THEN SAY UH!" 
"I-um-I"
"Forget it." She sighed before kissing him again. This time he broke it and said in a low husky whispered, "I love you Saph."
"I know, but you're in love with Imogen." She told him as she sighed.
"No.. I mean yes.. I mean I don't know..."
They both heard a sob and sprung apart. They looked up and found Imogen herself standing there mortified.
"me and you versus the world. I love you. She's not like that. It's all bullshit wasn't it?" Imogen said between sobs.  She was obviously broken.  But her appearance was what scared them the most she was bloody and bruised everywhere and in just a bathrobe. 
Cain opened his mouth to speak but Imogen just continued,"NO CAIN! You are going to listen to me. I'm not a pity case. I know what I am I'm an outcast, I'm the quiet little girl no one ever notices. I'm the girl no one cares about the one who's barely in school the one you'd never knew had all these secrets. You can't even tell when I'm really okay. She's perfect. Her life is perfect. She has everything I get it. I'm not worth your time I never was. You love her. I get it. But why would you drag me along? You think I couldn't take it? HUH? Well who gives a s**t what I can take. YOu know you are just as bad as my father. actually You are worse. At least my father doesn't lie about loving me. Everything you ever told me... It was a lie.... have fun with your life Cain. I'm done being in it. Take your promises. Take everything. I'm done. I can't believe I loved you. I can't believe I still do. With that she ran out of the house. She kept running never stopping. 
She remembered Cain's mother saying he was at  Sapphire's house and her stomach dropped she never expected her fears to come true. there was a spear in her chest she couldn't contain it any longer and she let out a loud scream. She cried and looked around. She was by a bridge a river ran below it. The current was fast. 
Suddenly all the words her father ever said rang threw her mind. All the times Cain ever held her. every time he kissed her. It was torturing her. It killed her. 
"SHUT UP! GET OUT OF MY HEAD! GET OUT!"  She screamed as she held her hands over her ears. 
Useless. No good. Worthless. No one will ever care about you. You're pointless. Do it jump. he'll be better off. He has her. He loves her. You always knew it. Just jump come on. Climb. CLIMB ON THE LEDGE.
Cain ran up to the bridge with Sapphire behind him he froze seeing her standing on the ledge tears clouded his vision. His throat closed up. He wanted to shout for her to stop but the words wouldn't leave his throat.  Then the unexpected  happened. Sapphire spoke up. Her voice was shaking and tears ran down her cheeks, "I'm sorry, Imogen I'm but please... Please don't do this."
Imogen looked at them and smiled, "Take care of him Sapphire."  She turned around on the ledge then leaned backwards. Cain ran to the ledge as he watched her fall. She had a blissful look. As if she were finally happy. Finally at peace. 
He sobbed and fell to the ground Sapphire Walked up and sat next to him. SHe put her arm around him and silently held him. 
"I love her." His cracked voice finally said after what seemed to be an eternity on the bridge.
"I know. I know, this is my fault I'm so..." Sapphire started but he shook his head and interrupted her ,"No, Its not. It's mine... Its my fault for falling in love with you when I already had someone so perfect. She made me happy."
"You don't love me, Cain."She said shaking her head and looking at the ground as she continued, "And I don't love you. We're meant to be best friends, and this is a sign. We aren't meant to be together it will just end badly."
"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?! THIS! THIS IS NO 'SIGN FROM GOD' ITS A TRAGITY."  He stood abruptly and began yelling at her. 
She stayed silent not knowing what to do to calm him down.
"YOU KNOW WHAT?!? YOU ARE RIGHT. I don't love you. I never did. I never will. I kissed you because I felt sorry for you. You loved me for so long and you just got heart broken. I don't feel bad for you anymore because YOU KILLED HER. She's DEAD because of you. YOU DID THIS!" Cain yelled at her as he kicked the bridge ledge in frustration. He couldn't stop the tidal wave of emotion coming over him. 
Sapphire started crying more now. She spoke between her sobs, "You.. You don't mean that. Y-you're just... j-just mad."
"NO! Sapphire for the first time in my life I do mean this. I never want to see you again and if I do I will tell everyone how YOU. You killed her. The world would be better off without someone like you. You're right. No one can love you." He said before running off. He ran to his house. He went to his room and locked the door. He blasted his radio and didn't think to care about his little brother and his parents in the house. 
He fell to his knees and punched the ground as hard as he could. When he looked up he was graced with all the pictures of Imogen. How could he be so stupid? He loved Imogen. How could he fall for Saph? How could he do that to her. She died thinking he didn't truly love her. 
He stumbled over to his closet and took his shot gun he used for hunting. He heard his father pounding and screaming at his door. They'd break in in a minute. It was now or never. He sat on his bed and took his favorite picture of Imogen, holding it close to his chest he put the barrel to his head squeezed his eyes shut and pulled the trigger.
Nothing. He opened his eyes and sighed. The safety was on.  Then in what seemed like a blur his parents barged in they saw the gun and his mother screamed . His father was surely screaming all kinds of things but he didn't hear a thing. before he knew it his parents were rushing him in the car to the hospital.  He was put on suicide watch.
His parents hired him a therapist a day later there were desperate for anything to make him talk , or smile, but unfortunately He never spoke he just sat there staring aimlessly. NO one had any idea what happened.
Two days later he was admitted to a mental institution put on suicide watch again. They tried to make him journal, go to group therapy, they tried everything he never talked. 
The second day he was at the hospital police men showed up with his parents. Cain knew why they were here he took in a deep breath and braced himself to hear what he already knew. 
The police officer that walked up to him was tall and tan, he had long blonde hair that was pulled back into a ponytail. Cain was sitting alone in a chair stairing out the window watching the river. 
"Cain, we have some bad news."He said his voice deep and oozing with sympathy.
Cain didn't move and continued staring out his window he closed his eyes lightly preparing to hear the words.
"Well, I'll just say it. You're friend, Sapphire Mackenzie Smith... She was... She was a victim of suicide." The man said putting one hand on Cain's shoulder.
Cain's eyes went wide ad he looked at the officer in his eyes, "Saph? I don't understand."
"She Hung herself in her garage. I'm sorry, I really am it's bad news, but she left a note, It was... It was uh- addressed to you."
"Let me see it." Was all Cain managed to say. The man handed him the note giving him a look of pity.
"There is more, your girlfriend she was found in the river... She's..."
"Don't say it. Can you all just leave. Please." Cain interrupted the officer who nodded. His father followed the police men out. His mother stayed there staring at his blank expression.
"I asked you all to go." Cain said darkly looking out the window again and clutching onto the letter in his hands.
His mother nodded walked up to her son and kissed his cheek, "I love you my Cainy-bear."
"LEAVE!" He yelled at her before leaving the room himself. He ran to his living quarters and fell on his bed. 
This place was a different kind of hell. He tried so many times to end his life to join Imogen. But they won't let him He was stuck living. He hated life. Now Saph was gone. Everyone that mattered was gone. He had to suffer life when they got the easy way out. 
He glanced at the letter in his left hand. It was crumpled now. He unwrinkled it and Began to read.
Dear Cain,
Hmm, I don't think that was a good way to start off , too proper for us yeah? I'll start again.
Hey Buddy, How are you? Me? I'm terrible. I figured out you were right. It's my fault. I did this to you. I was so selfish. I knew you loved her, but I still made my move. I just had to have you I guess. No It wasn't that... I just I always saw you two being happy. You two were so perfect, and I hated it. I tried so hard to be worth your time, so hard and she did nothing, but you still loved her. Since 7th grade when I first met you I knew you were something special. You were different then anyone I ever met. You still are. You made Imogen, the dorky outcast girl who was never noticed happy. I didn't know her very well but everyone knew she had it rough. I bet she never knew how bad I had it though huh? She thought I was perfect... ME! She was jealous of me.... I found that unbelievable. In my mind she didn't even try and she had the only thing I couldn't get wrapped around her finger..... (You).... Everything i did always revolved around you, she could see that.... Everyone could except you. I couldn't tell you, mainly because i wanted you to be happy, and you'd only be happy with her... I never saw you smile so bright unless you were with her. You never could look at me the way you did her. That night you kissed me... It was so wonderful I never thought I'd get my wish. To feel your lips against mine before i die. I wanted you to love me, to look at me like you do her. I wanted you, just you and your unconditional love. I could never have that I know, but that kiss, the way you looked at me for a split second afterward... It made me believe maybe in a different life we could have a shot at getting it right? Maybe in a different time... Maybe If I would have told you I loved you in 8th grade like i wanted to then I would have had you from the start. I don't know... But It made me content enough to do this. But I have to say goodbye to you. You are my world, the only person who ever loved me at all. You love so much. You care so much. You will find someone. You will make it through this. You will be happy. I know it. Imogen knew it too. You will be happy as long as you are helping others. So go live a happy life with a normal girl. Have kids grow old. For me, and if not for me, then for Imogen. I know one thing for sure both me and her only want you to be happy. We will always be with you, you know. Watching you making sure you don't slip and If you do, we'll catch you. Remember i will always love you. I know you didn't mean any of the thing s you yelled at me, bu the truth is You were right, You will be better off without me even if you don't realize it. By the time you read this I will be long gone, please don't cry, or get upset. Because I'm in  a better place.  And soon you will be able to move on and be happy and normal. I know You will live the life you deserve. Just be happy. I love you in every way possible, You are my definition of perfect too Cain.
Lots of Love, Saph.
God that's so cliche I'm going to end it differently. 
See-ya in a lifetime good ol' pal. You're weird lonely problematic friend, Saph.

© 2014 Blackrose22


Author's Note

Blackrose22
Be honest and review it please?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh my... This story is definitely tearjerking... I'm utterly speechless. I would never be able to write a third person omniscient story that would get someone so attached to the characters that it'd make someone cry. One thing I'd fix here is to take the first tiny paragraph, which was written in Imogen's POV, and change it to third person as well, so it could be just like the rest of the story and not confuse people like me. I also recommend that you look back for spelling/grammatical errors and things of the sort. Other than this, your writing was incredible. Good on you, mate! Keep on writing.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
1 Review
Added on February 20, 2014
Last Updated on February 20, 2014

Author

Blackrose22
Blackrose22

Niagara Falls, NY



About
Hey, new to this site. Please be honest with my writing. I don't care how mean it my come off I can handle criticism. I just want to become the best writer I can be. more..

Writing
Evangeline Evangeline

A Story by Blackrose22