Because of hope

Because of hope

A Poem by Alex Figueroa

We create because it gives us hope. Even if it's false hope, it gives us strength to overcome, and someday, make believe in true hope. Anyone can just give up and accept death, because it's easy. But it takes true courage to live on and fight sorrows. No matter how long we fight the battle, no matter how many times we are struck down, we continue to fight until the war is won, until the light frees us from the darkness. Life is like a Fire. You can make it grow to be strong and it will only end if you let it. We all have a reason to get up in the morning. Dreams to fulfill, goals to reach, the ones we love; they give us hope and as long as we have this, there is no reason for us to give up on life. Death will come eventually, but we should not be afraid of it, because the most important aspect is that you never forget what you believe in and what is the most precious to your heart. Death is not the greatest loss of life; the greatest loss of life is what dies inside of us while we live. we create anything even hope because we're trying to live in the moment. Anyone can think of the future ,it's happiness ,and it's despair ,but the thought and emotion comes at present. What we feel , these emotions, they aren't in the future they're what we're feeling here and now. That's why we cling to life Because what matters most is right now rather than the future which isn't even here yet. Since we have this chance to live…why not live. 

© 2011 Alex Figueroa


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I really like how this is like a stream of conscience. The idea is so universal, and by expressing it in your very own words, it seems to contain so much power.
The use of figurative language is adept in this poem when personifying abstract ideas. The structure is also quite intriguing! Good job, I look forward to more poems like this!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

lmao spam is spam

Posted 12 Years Ago


thank you all so much, especially you baby girl

Posted 12 Years Ago


I really like how this is like a stream of conscience. The idea is so universal, and by expressing it in your very own words, it seems to contain so much power.
The use of figurative language is adept in this poem when personifying abstract ideas. The structure is also quite intriguing! Good job, I look forward to more poems like this!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
8 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 20, 2011
Last Updated on July 20, 2011

Author

Alex Figueroa
Alex Figueroa

Worcester, MA



About
Me ^_^ Name: Alex Joseph "Figgy" Figueroa Birthday: March 19th Age: 19 Born in: Boston Relationship: -- [n/a] #1 sport: Football #1 place: Greenhill Park #1 inspiration: My former wife I'm lo.. more..

Writing
Think Think

A Poem by Alex Figueroa


Drops Drops

A Poem by Alex Figueroa