Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Anonymous Girl
"

A 15 years ago flashback of Summer's parents getting chased by some mysterious things the shadows.

"

15 years ago

 

"Kevin!" Laura called, turning back "Kevin, they are getting on us. It’ll be good for us both if you run faster!"

 

Kevin was running behind Laura, exhaustedly. He looked up at her; her black hair was flying in the air, her green eyes were marbles in the darkness of the street. She was running unstoppably like she wasn’t running before. The house was on next turn. Laura kept looking behind her.

 

"Come on Kevin, you are making us slow." Laura said while running. Kevin was dashing like he has been running for ages. "Laura, wait, I can’t run anymore." He started and came to a stop from running. He was full of exhaustion and could hardly breathe. "You are running like you haven’t been running."

 

"Kevin, remember, I can run faster than a cheetah, you could fly; why can’t you just take off?" Laura replied

 

"I can fly but that doesn’t mean that I should take off any time. People are still on the streets and we look like mad crazy people to them running away from nothing. And besides I don’t want to leave you running on your own." said Kevin taking deep breaths to catch up with his heart beat. His dark brown hair was like a super hero’s and his black eyes were shining in the dark street, it looked as if light has been lit in them. Laura fell for his eyes and his muscles. She couldn’t look away from him on the first day of college.

 

‘"I am sorry, sweetheart." Laura started again with compassion in her voice and with a sudden she said. "Oh my God! Come on they are gaining on us and Summer is still home. We've got to get her out of there." Her voice was full of fury this time. "If they took my baby I swear I will not leave them alive even if I have to give my life up."


They both started running again. Those things were behind Kevin and Laura, gaining on them. They ran until the door of the house was in front of them. Summer was in their, crying loudly. "Don’t worry sweetie, we are home." Laura whispered to herself. Kevin was still behind her when he tripped.


"Kevin! Get up come on!" Laura shouted.

"Laura, you go in and get Summer out of there, I will be right behind you." He said before something grabbed him from leg and took him in the pitch black street.

"KEVIN! NO!" she cried out when he disappeared. "NO! NO! NO! OH GOD! NO!" she cried out loudly over and over again when she heard Summer crying. Laura ran up to her room, grabbed her and ran back to the street. She couldn’t see any thing in the darkness. Standing there, crying silently in the shade, calling Kevin’s name over and over again. Summer was in her arms, weeping. She could hear the sound of fighting and shouting and screaming. She could do nothing but cry because it was dangerous to go in fight and Summer was in her arms.

Laura could hear sound of struggling and fighting and screaming. She couldn't see what was going on in the black of street where those things took Kevin. Tears were still in her eyes and were rolling down her cheeks.

"Missing someone?", suddenly a soft voice came from behind her, after some seconds. She turned around suddenly and threw a punch in the air when the other hand grabbed it and said "Whoa, whoa, whoa! Calm down! It’s me". It was Kevin. He had scratches on his face and his nose was bleeding. After seeing his condition, Laura had stop breathing. She was so shocked and started to cry more. "It's okay. They are only small scratches and will go away in no time. Calm down." Kevin reassured her. After a short moment a big sigh of relief and happiness came out of her mouth when she saw him and slapped him on the bicep of his arm.

"You stupid! You scared the hell out of me! How did you come out of there?" asked Laura.

"I took your advice, ‘use your flying strength"." replied Kevin trying to sound like Laura. He grabbed her from her waist.

 

"We better get out of this city. We’ll come back for our stuff. It’s dangerous here and this place is not good for us to live; those things won’t leave us and our daughter alone. Come on!" assumed Kevin and took off towards the sky.



© 2012 Anonymous Girl


Author's Note

Anonymous Girl
Some flashback was needed to start the story off so here we go!! ^^
Enjoy! ^^

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like it. I think you should re-read it because there's a few sentences that don't make sense like 'She was running unstoppably like she wasn't running before.' But other than that this is a really good write. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Oh right... Actually this is my first book so you might find mistakes along the way
Thanks for.. read more
Ana Drake

11 Years Ago

Well whatever you do, don't give up I really liked it :)
Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Thank you :)
Getting on us-gaining on us. It's a bit rushed but I am curious about what they are running from. Great job getting us interested in the book. But I don't think u need a intro and a prologue since they do the same thing. Just keep this

Posted 11 Years Ago


Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Okay... Thanks ^^
Very intriguing. I will definitely keep reading to find out what was in those shadows. As for the sentence "Kevin was dashing like he has been running for ages" can maybe be removed it since it is contradictory to a later sentence, "You are running like you haven’t been running." Finally at the end, do they all fly away together (Kevin carries them?) cause I thought only Kevin can fly.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Yup Kevin carries them.
Thanks for the review :)
"Kevin, they are getting on us" I think you meant "They are gaining on us"
"The house was on next turn" here this makes more sense -->"The house was on the next turn"
" Kevin was dashing like he has been running for ages." " Kevin was dashing like he had been running for ages."
"He was full exhausted and could hardly breathe." flows better than "He was full
of exhaustion and could hardly breathe."
"...., you could fly;...." ", you can fly;"
"....Kevin taking a deep breath"
^
Just some grammar ish things to help it flow better Great first chapter and im curious to know who and what they are and what they're running from i'll be sure to read more~ Good job :3


Posted 11 Years Ago


Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Thanks for correcting me on some places I would definitely change them! ^^
Thanks for the revi.. read more
Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

np :3 Glad to be of help
Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

^^
Very interesting! Reading next chapter! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Thanks :)
I like this chapter, but some parts of it is very icky for example. "You are running like you haven’t been running." Now I understand what you are saying, but it was a little confusing at first. Other than that you have a great style of writing and good action. I am going to read more.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Thanks :)
Firstly i love the format at the start of the piece! But anyway, this is a great second chapter! The dialouge is strong and i like how you have maintained a good level of action throughout the chapter! I will definatley keep reading!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Thanks :)
the dialogue is good, it flows naturally and I can follow who is talking. It also makes for a quick read, instead of a lot of back story which I prefer in reading.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Thanks for the review :)
Interesting...

Posted 11 Years Ago


Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Thank you :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

651 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 12, 2012
Last Updated on October 31, 2012


Author

Anonymous Girl
Anonymous Girl

Among Stars And In Universe



About
I love writing. When it comes to writing and I hold my pen I start to write whatever comes in my mind. I also like reading from which I got inspired and started to write different stuff. I love pret.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..