Chapter 2: All Truth Is Out

Chapter 2: All Truth Is Out

A Chapter by Anonymous Girl
"

Kevin tells Summer the truth about her mother's death.

"

Summer couldn’t stop thinking about what Fiona had said. She was walking beside the road and wasn’t present in the street; she was so lost in what Fiona had told about herself to her and what she had said about Summer.

Kevin was in kitchen making lunch when Summer arrived.

"Hi Summer! How was school? I have made lunch, would you like some?" he started softly.

"Thanks Dad but I am not hungry.", replied Summer and ran up in her room.

Her room was small but she could fit in. The walls were painted purple and white. On one wall she had her name stuck in capital letters. On the other she had photos and the rest were filled with post-its with full of notes. Her bed had a purple bed sheet and the duvet and the pillow were purple with geometric designs on them.

Summer came in and sat on her bed. She changed her uniform and just kept her self deep in thought. "I saw you throwing fire from your hands." The sentence kept going in circle in her mind. Throwing fire from my hand, it doesn't make sense at all. She started to think. What was she saying? Could it all be true? I have got to ask dad about this all. Summer thought and then ran downstairs.

 

Kevin was watching TV. Football match was on and he looked so lost in it that he won’t be fond of to be disturbed. Summer knew he wasn’t in match but was thinking about the days her Mum and he had spent together. Those sentences were bugging her and she had to ask him.

 

"Dad," she called but he didn't reply as if he hadn't been called. "DAD!" this time she shouted.

"Oh sorry honey I didn’t hear you. The match was going on and it’s so interesting I wasn't paying attention." said Kevin turning himself to her.

"It’s okay Dad, I know." said Summer "Dad we need to talk".

Kevin nodded and said "Go on, what’s up?"

"Dad how did mum died?" asked Summer, interviewing him.

"I have told you before, she went out for shopping. Time passed but she didn’t come home until the hospital called and told me she was dead. I ran to the hospital and asked what happened to her. The doctor said they don’t know exactly but it looks like she has been murdered." Kevin told her.

"Dad, tell me the truth! How did she die? I know you are hiding some thing. It’s like I can read your mind but not properly, you weren’t in match at all, but you were lost in the thoughts about the time you and Mum had spent together, isn’t that so?" Kevin looked up at her. Her face was full of rage. He didn’t have any choice but to nod.

"Good. Now tell me how did she die?"

"Sweetheart, I just told---"

"NO! You are lying. You lied to me all along, since I was born." Summer interrupted him and then continued, "I remember you flying; taking Mum and me in your hands and then flying off in the sky. There were some things in the shadows calling us down but you and Mum couldn’t see them properly. I can remember Mum turning up in the entrance of my room in a flash and then taking me and running back in a flash like we’ve been switching places."

"Summer you must be tired, you should take rest." said Kevin. There was a certain kind of sorrow in his voice.

"I am sorry Dad but please tell me how did Mum died?" Summer was crying when she asked the question again.

Summer heard a sigh coming out of Kevin’s mouth. "The bit I told you is true, from shopping centre till the doctors and the doctors’ prediction about your Mum’s deaths. However, I knew how your Mum died. There are things you better know. I think its time to tell you." Kevin started to sense the enthusiasm of his daughter’s.

 

He told her everything. "These things are called The Shadow Howlers. When your mum went shopping, one of them came out of the shadows and jumped at her. Your Mum had super running strength. She was about to run when that thing caught her and ate her heart out. From the other side another came out to defend her but it was too late then. The protectors are called The Shadow Keepers." The tears were felling from his eyes. "I knew when I saw her, lying in the hospital bed. Her heart was missing. I don’t know how but doctors didn't notice that."

He continued. "The Shadow Howlers are dangerous to mankind and The Shadow Keepers are protectors of mankind. They both live in shadows and come out only when they have to hunt. No one knows they are there. I believe you had feelings about that someone is watching and protecting you and then other time you would feel that some is watching you but you are in danger." On Kevin’s question, Summer nodded to answer.

"Good. I presume that Fiona told you about herself?" Summer nodded again. "Well, her mother and father, we all studied in same school, college, university. We've been friends for a long time. Fiona’s mother’s death was same but in different place and time. I guess Fiona’s fate had decided to give her powers early."

"She says that she had these futuristic scenes. She saw me throwing fire from my hands. It doesn't make sense at all?" Summer said

"Well honey, the a superpower comes to a baby from generation to generation. You got fire because it is relatively close to flying and running - as you have seen in movies someone who throws fire could fly or run." Kevin told her.

"Dad what should I do? Because when she told me everything I just walked away since I was so angry on her that she never told me this before. Will she forgive me?" Summer asked. Her voice was regretful, Kevin could hear it.

"Go and apologise. You both have been friends for a long long time I know she would forgive you."

"Thanks, Dad and sorry that I shouted at you." Summer said hugging him.

"Now go and sleep well, sweetheart. You have got a day ahead."

Yes, I have indeed. Summer thought.

 

***

Fiona was already sitting in her chair the same way Summer was sitting yesterday; staring on the table like her reflection is in there.

Summer walked in silently and sat silently next to Fiona.

"Hi, Fin.", started Summer but no answer from Fiona.

"Look I am so sorry about yesterday. Can you forgive me?" Fiona still sat quiet.

"Please! I was so stressed---", Summer was interrupted by Mr Enrich. He is the Maths teacher. Maths class had started but no word came from Fiona. How is she standing silence; is this really Fiona I used to know?, Summer thought during solving a trigonometry problem.

 

Break passed without Fiona’s word and so has lunch. Summer felt like she was alone in the school, wandering around with no one. After school, Fiona started to walk away without waiting for her friend. Summer was really surprised and hurt on how she just walked away. She ran to the street and caught up with Fiona.

"Fiona, look I am so, so, so sorry. I know I said and did things that I should have never done but please listen to me I was so stressed out and puzzled on what you had said." Summer commenced.

"Go away, Summer. I am not in mood to talk to you." Fiona said. There was calmness in her voice; it was really calm that Summer had never realised of. Then she opened her mind’s roots to get into Fiona’s mind. When she came back to present she realised that Fiona was hiding something from her, although she wasn’t good in reading minds but she could still go in her mind and find out that Fiona was hiding something from her.

"You are hiding something." declared Summer.

"Huh?" a reply came from her mouth and this time it was surprising for her.

"You are hiding something." Summer said again.

"How did---" Fiona was about to speak but Summer interrupted her with "Aren't you?"

"Yes and that is none of your business." replied Fiona

"It IS my business. It’s about me you are hiding, isn't it?" said Summer with serenity in her voice.

"Look Summer, it is about you but I don’t want to talk about it. Okay, just leave me alone.", this time there was aggression in Fiona’s voice.

"Okay I will..." utter Summer, "...but before I leave you listen to me, quietly. You are not the only one who had those feelings; same thing happened to me after my Mum died. I knew you were thinking about me because I can read minds. I could read minds from a young age, about 10 to 11 years old, but I never told you because I THOUGHT IT WASN’T NECESSARY. And I was throwing fire in your “futuristic scene” because it happens generation by generation. And those things you were talking about are called The Shadow Howlers and there are others too, called The Shadow Keepers. And right now I am being AGGRESSIVE because YOU made me to." Summer finished commencing. This time she was shouting at Fiona; she realised she gave a speech and to her friend. It wasn’t my fault; she made me to speak like this. She was ignoring me and being rude so I have to do this to get her attention! Summer played it in her mind. Fiona stood there with open mouth like she has been hypnotised and ordered to stay that way.

 

After finishing that speech, Summer walked away without suggesting anymore. Fiona looked at her before she vanished on the next turn.



© 2012 Anonymous Girl


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great job! Reading on! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

^^ thank you
really good, good job

Posted 11 Years Ago


Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Thanks :)
really great so far this could be turned into a movie it is suspenseful but yet really interesting.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Thank you :)
sierrasparks91

11 Years Ago

welcome
it really is interesting and just a piece of advice use quotation marks instead of (')
keep writing (:

Posted 11 Years Ago


Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Thanks for reading and advice :)
Rhianne Ney

11 Years Ago

You're welcome

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

411 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 12, 2012
Last Updated on September 22, 2012


Author

Anonymous Girl
Anonymous Girl

Among Stars And In Universe



About
I love writing. When it comes to writing and I hold my pen I start to write whatever comes in my mind. I also like reading from which I got inspired and started to write different stuff. I love pret.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


War War

A Poem by RachelReaper


Missed Call Missed Call

A Poem by zainul