Chapter 4: Max and Jake

Chapter 4: Max and Jake

A Chapter by Anonymous Girl
"

This chapter is first about Max and then Jake.

"
School had finished and Max was walking to his home. The way to his house has a sloppy hill that was hard to climb, or so his Mum thought. Well it was hard to climb because it was more sloppy then a slide. Max was nearly at the top of it. Good Lord! Why does this route had to be the shortest one! Max thought and by then he was at top of it. He was exhausted and stopped to catch up to his breath.
He turned around to see the whole city that came in view from the top of the hill. The view from the hill was really beautiful and Max watched it every day before get moving. He loved it. He was looking around when his gaze turned towards the place. That's the place. He said in his mind. That's the place I hate most! I wish it would just go away so I won't have to see it everyday. That was the place where his Dad was killed. Max was with him at that time. He was there. He saw what happened to his Dad. Max was 12 when his father got killed in front of him. He still remembers that day very well. A flashback ran through his mind.
"Dad, c'mon! I really want to go there. There is something I want you to teach me. Please!", Max said to his Dad, Edward.
"Sure, son! Lets go.", replied his Dad in calm and nice voice like always.
It was a sunny Sunday of August and the left bits of clouds were clearing the sky. The puddles from raining the day before were drying up by the help of hot rays of sun. Birds were chirping at noon sharp. The place where Edward taught Max how to use his powers was 5 minutes away from their house.
"Dad, I want you to teach me how to use an invisible knife through using my mind.", asked Max.
"Whatever you want young one." replied his Dad calmly, again.
Edward started to give him lecture on how to stay focus towards his mind, like always. Then he made him to try it out. He was getting to it when he heard a hissing voice calling out for him, "Maxy boy!". Max and Edward turned around to face the way where the voice came from. As soon as they turned, four of the Howlers jumped out of the Shadows.
"Run back to home Max, I will take care of them." Max was surprised that at this kind of situation, his Dad's voice was still calm as always.
"No Dad! I can't leave you!", until he finished, the fight had already commenced. Max was so terrified that he couldn't concentrate on what was going on. This was first time he saw the Howlers.
After some minutes of fighting, his Dad started to shriek in pain. It was furious and painful. Max knew what was happening: one of the howlers was in Edward's mind and was making his heart stop through his brain. Max could do nothing but call to his Dad and help.
After struggling and fighting, that was of no-use, Edward fell on the ground with a loud thudding sound. His body was motionless. His face was peaceful and calm like he was sleeping. Howlers laughed hysterically and ran away.
Tears were falling down young Max's face. His father died in front of him and he wasn't able to help.

Max suddenly came back to present and remembered that he was standing at the top of the sloppy hill. Tears were falling down his cheek. He quickly wiped them away before anyone could see. He cursed the place under his breath and made a promise like always: "I will avenge you Dad, I promise!", and started to walk away towards his house where his mother and sister were be waiting for him.
* * *
The door opened and Jake entered the house. He said 'hi' to his Mum and younger brother and went straight to his room. His room wasn't big but was alright for him. He came in and made himself fall down on the bed. After 5 minutes of lying down, he got changed and started to play with force field. He knew about the Shadows; his Mum explained to him everything except the bit how his Dad died. He doesn't know how or why but he knows the Shadows killed him. And he still remembers the day when he found everything out.

The front door opened and Jake entered the house with a big smile on his face. His birthday was approaching after a month and he would turn 12. He was so excited about it. "Mum!", he called for his mother, Rosalinda, in a cheery voice, "Mum!".
Rosalinda was in living room, lost in thoughts. Tears were rolling down all over her cheeks. Jake entered the room. When he saw his mum crying, his smile faded away. "Mum?", he started, "Mum, what happened? Why are you crying?", he asked her. Rosalinda's thoughts got disturbed by Jake's questions. After some moments of waiting, she spoke, "It's about your Dad. He is..." she stopped and the some moments of hesitation and crying she continued, "He is... dead.", when she finished she started to wail out loud. Jake fall to a sitting position next to his mother. The shock had taken all over his face. His eyes went all watery and flashbacks of time he spent with his Dad, Owen came to him. 

After hours of crying, he suddenly spoke, "How did this happen?", his eyes were all red and swollen from crying. His Mum didn't exactly tell him what happened but she again said the same thing, that he is dead. Then she explained everything to him about The Shadows. He wasn't angry at his mother because at that time she needed him, his support. He got to know about his powers and about his parents' past.
Then he remembered something that his Dad said to him: "Jacob, you are special. Very special. Promise me you'll take care of yourself and family if something happens to me." Owen asked young Jake. "I promise Dad."
That's why he said that to me. Jake thought and then said to Rosalinda, "I love you, Mum!", he hugged her and continued saying: "I promise to you that I will avenge Dad!". He moved away from his Mum and started to move out of the living room. "Good night, Mum." He said without turning.

Jake was still playing with his ability of creating force field. He wasn't crying but was rather angry. Rosalinda started to call him for lunch. He stopped playing with force field and got out of his thoughts. He got up with a jolt and went to have some lunch.


© 2012 Anonymous Girl


Author's Note

Anonymous Girl
I haven't explained the appearance of the Howlers and how do they look but will explain in next chapter.
Please do review it. Do correct me if there are any errors. ^.^

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The fonts had improvements and thank you...
I love its intensity... and lol
I can't believe that it's you, maybe that's the reason why the book seem familiar
Lol, I really didn't recognize you earlier...

Posted 11 Years Ago


Rhianne Ney

11 Years Ago

It's okay and it's a pleasant discovery and I'm glad I found out lolz
Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Lol... XD
Rhianne Ney

11 Years Ago

:3
continue writing this story its getting very interesting.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Thank you :):):)... I will upload next chapter on weekend.. Really busy with college you know :(
sierrasparks91

11 Years Ago

okay i will be waiting
Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Okay sure :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

318 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 15, 2012
Last Updated on September 28, 2012


Author

Anonymous Girl
Anonymous Girl

Among Stars And In Universe



About
I love writing. When it comes to writing and I hold my pen I start to write whatever comes in my mind. I also like reading from which I got inspired and started to write different stuff. I love pret.. more..

Writing