Chapter 5: The Attack

Chapter 5: The Attack

A Chapter by Anonymous Girl
"

Summer and Fiona get attacked by the Howlers. And the two friends reveal everything to Max and Jake but they have got another surprise waiting for them.

"

Fiona and Summer were at Fiona's house having a sleepover. Everything was planned out except for one thing: when is Fiona going to tell Summer about her vision? Summer kept on waiting patiently for two hours so Fiona might eventually tell her what she saw. However she gave up and started to beg Fiona to tell her what she had seen.

"Please, please, please, please, tell me what you saw. I have been waiting for two hours that you'll tell me but no. C'mon tell me what it was!" Summer begged her but she didn't agree. Fiona was getting annoyed and tired but kept on ignoring her.

Fine! Summer thought. You don't want it the easy way, then we'll do it the hard way! She closed her eyes and searched for the roots of her mind. When she reached to them, she searched for Fiona's mind's roots and reached out to it. At last, she saw what it was. With a sudden shock she opened her eyes but didn't show it. However, she didn't tell Fiona about it but kept it to herself.
"Done begging?" the sudden calling of Fiona nearly made Summer jump. She turned around and gave a weak smile.

"Yeah." her tone was light when she replied.

"Okay... Wanna go shopping." Fiona asked again, this time putting emphasis on 'okay'. At the end of the sentence, there was a sudden excitement in her voice.

"Sure." Summer answered with a light smile on her face.

 

All the way to town, Summer had a funny feeling that the day won't end good and she knew how. Fiona dragged her around the mall, deciding what to buy. "What's up Sum? You have been quite all the way." at last, annoyed by the silence, she fought back to it.

"Nothing, a-am fine." the shaking voice of Summer startled Fiona.

"Nothing's fine. Let’s go back home and we'll talk there." Fiona stepped out of the Mall finishing the sentence.

"Oh, at last you both are here." A voice came out of nowhere.

Summer and Fiona turned towards the voice, and out the shadow came out five Howlers. The bunch had two girls and three boys. They wore all black. Their eye colors were different; dark purple, dark blue, dark green. Everything was dark about them. Even their aura appeared to be dark color, like the devil from Hell. There was a strange smile, more like a smirk but an indescribable one. Their eyes were targeting only the two who were standing in an open place with no-one around to notice that there was a bunch of evil group there to attack them.

The leader started to approach and the girls started to pace backwards. "Oh come on! Don't be scared, we won't hurt you." another strange smirk flew up on his face. The two friends were shocked like some magic happened and they couldn't stop staring. Shock had taken over their faces. They weren't able to move, able to speak, able to run, nothing. It was like something was forcing them to stay where they were.

The boss went over to Summer and pulled her closer by wrapping his arm around her waist. “You grew so quickly. Much prettier than when you were young. No wonder he likes you.” His voice was calm but weary. HE! Who is he talking about? Summer thought. “You’ll know who I am talking about.” While saying that Summer realised that they were so close that their foreheads were touching. Removing a strand of her hair from her face he said: “So beautiful that it's hard to even hurt you.” He said sarcastically. Summer tried to pull away but he was holding her so tightly the fighting was useless.

“Who are you talking about? Me or someone else?” Summer replied playing along his game. He was shocked that she wasn't surprised anymore.

“You know if I hurt you in front of him, he’ll definitely kill me. With the superior power he has. He would even give himself up but won’t let me hurt you.” He stopped and a big satisfying grin spread across his face signalling that this move of his could paralyze Summer’s move. HE again! Who is this guy? She thought again. This time she closed her mind so he won’t read her thoughts but still somehow he knew what she was talking about. “As I said, you’ll find out soon, if you get away from me.” The evil smirk took over his face again. He pulled her close enough that now their noses was touching and only she could hear him. “You were the cause of all problems and you aren't going to get away with it. It was you who took away everything I had. You are cause behind every problem.” A sudden kind of sadness took over his face, she could see it in his eyes. It was again indescribable one.

“Mind me if I ask your name.” Summer asked without hesitation.

“Ervin.” He replied. With the reply his pull started to get stronger and painful. He didn't let go of Summer until she practically struggled against his power.

“You had to repay for what you did and this is the time.” He suddenly let go of her. She knew his hold would have left mark on her back.

He started to walk away and signaled the other Howlers which, Summer realized, was of attack. Summer shouted to Fiona and the girls ducked before the shot would have touched them.

“LEAVE THEM ALONE!” an aggressive voice came from other end. Summer knew they were the Keepers; however she was unable to look at them.

The fight initiated between the two groups and the girls got up and started to run. Summer was half shocked than Fiona. Fiona couldn't think straight and was running as fast as she could. Her shock had made her shiver. It was more like fear that had taken over her.

 

They were half a kilometer, in a quiet street, away from where the fighting was going on but they could still hear them, shouting and screaming. The girls turned around and saw one of the Howler girl standing right in front of them. Summer knew she was about to use her power against them. She saw the evil in her dark olive eyes. As she threw something towards the girls, they ducked and started to run, again. Someone attacked the girl and the two were fighting. Summer and Fiona didn't dare looking back or stopped to help as the fear had returned and was all over them.

 

By the time the girls reached home, it started to get dark. “Fiona, you okay?” Summer asked.

“Yeah, are you? Everything happened as I saw.” Fiona asked but before Summer could reply she suddenly bombarded on her with questions, “What did he say to you? What was his name? Who were they? Why were they about to kill us? Why was he holding you so close that I started to think about Jake and his reaction if he was there?” When Fiona said Jake’s name, a sudden realization hit her on her spine. “What did he say to you when he held you so close that your noses were touching? WHY! WHY! WHY!” Summer stopped thinking about Jake and went over to Fiona who was crying by now.

“Come here Fin, let’s go to your room and talk their okay” She held Fiona by her shoulders and went to her room.

Setting her down on the bed, Summer started to answer Fiona’s bunch of questions. “Okay, first question: I am fine. Second question: I don’t exactly know what he meant by what he said but the attack explained everything. Third question: they were the Howlers. Fourth: I don’t have any answer to that yet but am gonna find out. Fifth: where is Jake coming from? And he was just teasing me for some reason and I don’t know why. Sixth: He said that I was reason for every problem. And that’s it; there you go all your questions are answered.” Summer finished answering Fiona’s question and continued, “Now, we need to call Max and tall him everything about us and that has happened today.” Fiona nodded in agreement. “He has a right to know as he’s our friend.”

“Don’t forget Jake. He’s our friend as well; part of the gang.” Summer nodded and a weird look took over her face. Fiona was acting like a child but Summer wasn't bothered as she knew that Fiona was shocked by what happened today.

Summer called Max and told him to come over quickly and bring Jake over. After half an hour the door bell rang.

 

They told everything to the two boys and they listened quietly. "We wanted to tell everything but we thought you would think we were kidding or would just thinks of us as freaks. Please don't get angry.", it was Fiona who pleaded. Summer knew something was wrong with Jake when she told him about Ervin saying that some guy liked her. After that Jake didn't dare looking at Summer. What's up with him? Summer thought.

When Fiona was done with pleading, both guys looked up at them. Summer kept on looking at Jake figuring out what was up with him.

Then an unexpected reply shocked the two girls as they heard both boys saying in unison: "We know everything!"



© 2012 Anonymous Girl


Author's Note

Anonymous Girl
So there we go.. I AM SOOOOO SORRY THAT I POSTED IT LATE, I HAVE BEEN SO BUSY WITH STUDIES THAT I DIDN'T GET A CHANCE TO WRITE THIS CHAPTER. This one's rather long than I thought.
Please point out any mistakes, grammar or spelling. Critiques are accepted.
Enjoy!!XD

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sorry for the late review, I haven't been paying much attention to this site for alooong time... BUt yeah! what a chapter ^-^

Posted 11 Years Ago


Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Its okay thanks :)
Rhianne Ney

11 Years Ago

You're welcome~!
Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

:)
Well written, good detail.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Thank you :)
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
_
OOOOOOOOH THAT'S GOOD! >:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Lol, thanks
EPIC... !
I'm at a lost for words... LOL

Posted 11 Years Ago


Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Lol.. Thanks ^^
i like it:) it kinda reminded me of harry potter.. or maybe a vampire movie. (not twilight) -_- was the vision she had the attck that happened?

Posted 11 Years Ago


Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Ohh cool.. Is it equal to college?
constancelovesdarkness

11 Years Ago

no.. lol it's the last grade in school before college.
Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Oh lol.. Never knew that... Can't ever understand USA's school system... -___-
Loving it!!! :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Glad you loving it :) thanks :)
Felicity's Eve

11 Years Ago

Ur welcome! :)
Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

:)
God suspense in a story that feels a mix of West Sdide Story and twilight. Has a different feel and the suspense is good. Needs a little crafting but flows well.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Thank you :)
Teehee I loved it :P Get the next chapter ASAP :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Thanks for the review... And I think you'll have to wait till next wednesday :)
The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Awehh okay
Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

:)
I will just take the job of 'critique'. There are quite a lot of minor mistakes in the text, but I think it sounds so 'negative' to be pointing out all these mistakes. If you really want to know all these things just comment on this review and I will take some time to go over it all.
Here are some suggestions for the first paragraph.

First sentence: "Accept of one thing", should be: "Except for one thing." Furthermore, the first sentence should end with a question mark.

Second sentence: Change "that Fiona" to "so Fiona".

Third sentence: "to beg to Fiona", change to "to beg Fiona to tell her what she had seen."

Fifth sentence: The previous lines you state that Summer could not wait the full two hours, which means she ended up waiting less than hours. Take this into consideration for this sentence.

Change "you don't want it easy way, then we'll do it hard." to "you don't want it the easy way, than we'll do it the hard way."

Change "she searched for Fiona's brain and got to it" to "she searched for Fiona's brain and reached out to it."

Change "she at last saw what is was" to "At last, she saw what it was."

Change "at the end of sentence" to "at the end of the sentence"

Change "answered a light smile on her face" to "answered with a light smile on her face"

I hope it's not too much a problem... I never like this sort of reviewing but it does make the text more enjoyable to read.

Anyways, good work!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Thank you soooo much for reading AND pointing out all these mistakes!!! I would definitely change al.. read more
Brilliant! I love your concept and The Howlers! You have created a great story and i will definatley be reading more!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Thanks for the review :)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

616 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 5, 2012
Last Updated on October 19, 2012


Author

Anonymous Girl
Anonymous Girl

Among Stars And In Universe



About
I love writing. When it comes to writing and I hold my pen I start to write whatever comes in my mind. I also like reading from which I got inspired and started to write different stuff. I love pret.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..