Chapter 8: A Mysterious Past

Chapter 8: A Mysterious Past

A Chapter by Anonymous Girl
"

The mysterious people that the friends meet on the field are revealed. There are some secrets that Summer needs to know.

"

The leader was standing in front of the others now. It was quite for a minute or so when Fiona spoke. "W-what d-do you w-want?" her voice was all shaky and she couldn't get a hold of her fear. The leader let out a chuckle, not an evil or mean one but a soft and comforting one.

I have seen him somewhere but where? Summer thought while staring at him.

"Hello kids." He greeted and then turned to Summer. "I assume you must be thinking who I am. Right?", although the message was to Summer, Fiona nodded.

"Well. The people who attacked you earlier were The Howlers. And we are The Keepers. And I am sure you know about us and them. I am Mr Wyatt." All of them nodded. "Good. We will like to explain some important stuff that is really important for you to know. Especially you, Miss Woster." again he turned to Summer. Curiosity took over her and she nodded.

Me? Well that must be important, right? They might know about my nightmare, so I will ask them. Summer thought before the leader, Mr Wyatt asked them to follow him to some picnic benches that were on the field.

 

They sat on the benches for ten minutes when Mr Wyatt stood up and spoke again, "There are some secrets to be revealed and so much for you to know and learn", and all of them stared at him. Then he continued, "I am the head deputy of The Keepers. They are deputies of us." he said turning towards three men and three women who were sitting quietly behind him. They all looked middle aged. Mr Wyatt started to introduce them, "This is Mr Cyrus.", and first he turned to a man. His hair was shoulder length and was light honey colored as well as his eyes. He waved and greeted, "Hello.", his voice was heavy and full of strength.

Then Mr Wyatt turned to a woman, "This is Miss Roarke". She brought up a big grin on her face that was spreading from ear to ear. Her long blond hair was elbow length and her eyes were light brown color. She said, "Hello everyone". Her voice was proper girlish.

"This is Mr Tyree." Mr Wyatt introduced the third person. He had short spiky hair and some stripes were dyed in light violet color. His eyes had light violet freckles with a little bit of silver added in them. He nodded at the children and they nodded back. He looked younger than other deputies.

"Miss Lozier." The fourth person. She waved at the four friends and the girls waved back and the boys nodded. She looked same age as Mr Dallas. Her hair was longer than Miss Roarke and was light brown; they were falling down up to her hips. Her eyes matched with her hair.

"Mr Lubianco." The fifth person. He was more informal type of person. Even his greeting was informal. He stated: "What's up?” his hair were copper brown were settled and his eyes were a light copper color. The girls said 'hi' to him and the boys again nodded.

"And lastly, Miss Sparks." Mr Wyatt introduced to the last woman of the deputies. Her hair was boy cut and was light golden blonde; so were her eyes. Her dress was more formal than informal.

Summer, Fiona, Max and Jake noted everything about them. Then suddenly Max asked Mr Wyatt, "Sir? Why is that everything about you is light colored? I mean it looks nice but none of you have any dark feature?".

Fiona slowly turned her gaze towards him and with frustration, replied: "Shut up Max!"

"I was just---", before Max could finish his sentence, he was interrupted by Mr Wyatt. "You will find out with time.", then he turned to all four friends. "There are some little secrets that you all to know but a biggest one that you need to know Miss Woster.", he said turning to Summer.

"Shall we begin?", everyone of them nodded.

"The Howlers and The Keepers used to live together and no-one from this world ever knew about them that they exist, living in their own world of shadows. We lived in peace and harmony. Everyone was brother and sister. We were immortals and still are. Some of mortal people, that is humans, knew about our existence; only those who were gifted with inhuman powers. They were like family to us and still are but not to The Howlers. Not anymore.", Summer noticed a different kind of sorrow. More like regret. Mr Wyatt continued talking, "16 years ago, a baby was born in our dynasty. Her father was a mortal and her mother was from our realm. She brought happiness to some and anger. Although she was a baby, she was extremely powerful and to her drastic power was no-one was to compare instead of Howler and Keeper."

"Isn't that---" Max began but got interrupted by Fiona, "Listen to the story Max.", this time instead of snapping she spoke calmly. Max nodded.

"Yes they are. Howler and Keeper were two leaders of our world. No-one knew their real names and no-one wanted to know it. They were best of friends and no-one could break that friendship no matter what. As long as they were in peace and harmony, the realm was at peace and harmony. When the baby came, they both went against each other."

 

*   *   *

 

"Aw, she is so cute! What name shall she get?", a woman spoke who was standing near a cot. In the cot lay a new-born baby girl. She was sleeping peacefully. Everyone stared at the new-born and aw's were coming out of everyone. Everyone who was crowded over her wanted to touch her but was restricted to. "We don't know what would happen to such cute baby. We can only pray that she stays alive.” someone spoke from the crowd. Everyone nodded and then the woman from earlier said, "She is a danger and her powers are unstable. Anything could happen if she is out of control."

Suddenly sounds of shouting came from the corridor of the Great Palace. Everyone moved away from the baby and continued with their works which they left amid to take a look at the baby.

"She is a danger to everyone. One wrong move and everyone could be dead", a man burst in the room. He looked like he was 50 - 55 of years. Behind him followed another man, same age as the first one."Look, she is just and innocent baby. It's not her fault but her mother's who left the realm and brought back an innocent child."

The first man turned around and looked at the second one. His eyes were dark green and his hair was dark brown. He looked straight into second person's eyes and said, "Her powers are unstable and once out of control, no-one can stop her.", he said pointing towards the baby girl, who was still asleep. The second person took a small step towards the first one and spoke, "She is unique. And innocent. Try to understand, Howler. It's not even her fault that she is brought to the world of knowns and unknowns." His light blue eyes were pleading. "If you want to punish, then punish her mother rather than her."

"Fine, I will. But keep in mind, Keeper. This baby is nothing more than a danger to us."

Howler said and exited the room. Keeper watched him and when he was gone, Keeper went over to the baby and picked her up. He uttered to the sleeping baby, "You are a gift to us and I know everything will be alright once you've started to control your power." He kissed her on the forehead and put her back in the cot.

 

Night had arrived and everyone was asleep. The baby girl was sleeping quietly and calmly. Her room was lit up a bit. Suddenly the door to her room opened and a dark figure appeared in the door way. He spoke to the sleeping baby, "I know you are innocent but you are a danger and I cannot allow you to live in this world." He opened his mouth when another person appeared in the door. "HOWLER!", he shouted and got the attention of the dark figure. "Keeper, do not try to stop Me.", he warned but Keeper didn't listen and started to walk up to the baby. Suddenly, Howler screamed and the rays of his scream were about to hit when Keeper kept them in the place. Howler turned the scream rays towards the baby but Keeper kept them on place. Both of them started to fight. Howler threw screams but Keeper kept them in the place. Disturbance was caused and banging was loud. The sleeping baby girl woke up and started to cry. Swiftly, both leaders stopped. The baby kept on crying. The room started to warm up. The temperature started to grow and it began to become hot. The both leaders became warmer. As the baby kept on crying the, temperature of the kept on rising. Both leaders fell to their knees. Unable to suffer through the hotness of the room and rising temperature, they passed out. The baby stopped and went back to peaceful sleep.

A maid came in the room and found the two leaders on the floor. They were taken to the physician. The physician checked them and said, "I am sorry but they are no more."



© 2012 Anonymous Girl


Author's Note

Anonymous Girl
Sorry for late post. Had got writer's block.
But now it's up, please read and review... Criticize if you want.
Thanks.
Enjoy!!! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

good novel and we cant blame you for a writers block that's the disease all writers suffer. it seemed you recovered well. Excellent piece of art.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Thank you :)
Andile

10 Years Ago

your welcome
The howlers and the keepers is a good creation of you here and I really like the way you covered all the mystery here.
Heading to the next!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Thanks :)
Rhianne Ney

11 Years Ago

You're welcome~!
Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

:)
Uber exciting, loved that bit of history regarding The Howlers and Keepers... the dynamic suspense continues. More please!!! ;)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Glad you loved it ^^
Thank you!! :)
Castonovia

11 Years Ago

No problem :p
Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

:)
SO intense at the end!!
I can't wait to see what happens next! :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Thanks for the review :)
Felicity's Eve

11 Years Ago

My pleasure! :)
Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

^^

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

340 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 23, 2012
Last Updated on November 6, 2012


Author

Anonymous Girl
Anonymous Girl

Among Stars And In Universe



About
I love writing. When it comes to writing and I hold my pen I start to write whatever comes in my mind. I also like reading from which I got inspired and started to write different stuff. I love pret.. more..

Writing