Grandma's Chocolate Chip Cookies

Grandma's Chocolate Chip Cookies

A Story by Tamara
"

Who doesn't like one of grandma's recipes?

"

Grandma’s Chocolate Chip cookies

       There wasn’t anything better in the whole world than my Grandma Ann’s chocolate chip cookies that always seemed to put a smile on my face just by the mention of them. The way they were so incredibly soft and gooey that they’d melt in your mouth and leave you craving more.

        My Grandma Ann devoted majority of her time to baking. Many a day I’d come home and be lured by the heavenly smells which emanated from the kitchen, making my mouth water and my stomach grumble as if I hadn’t eaten food for days. Of all her recipes, the cookies were my favourite.

      Her hands worked like well-oiled machines, sifting, mixing and creaming, whisking feverishly at speeds even I couldn’t handle: it all appeared as a blur. Swiftly adding a pinch of this, a dash of that, twirling here and there like a ballerina, with a gentle sway of her hips, bumping them to close the drawers or cabinets behind her after getting the utensils she needed. She always shooed me out of the kitchen playfully whenever I tried to sneak a taste of the silky, smooth batter.

        The minute she popped them into the oven was both a mix of anticipation and torture as I couldn’t wait for them to be done so that I could eat them all. Minutes passed by agonizingly slow. This was hell. I could imagine all those sweet chocolate chips melting through every crevice of the buttery, savory dough like waterfalls.  The cookies weren't anywhere near small either. They were about the size of coasters, golden brown and baked to perfection and unbelievably moist. 'Please hurry up and bake!' I begged silently.

         Even my book couldn't distract me from thinking about them. Sinking my teeth into one of them...

       "Gen!" my Grandmother called from downstairs. I didn't even realize that I was chewing my nails. " They're ready! Get your butt downstairs before I eat them all myself!" I could sense the smirk in her voice, which brought an even bigger smile to my face. I didn't even wait a second before I flung my book aside, hopped off my bed and sprinted down the stairs to the kitchen, where a tray of warm cookies welcomed me.

        I hugged my grandma. " Thank you!" I gushed, unable to contain my happiness. Her chest vibrated as she chuckled. " Your welcome, dear," she replied, giving me a kiss on my forehead. "Now, go eat," she pushed me. I smiled and picked one up, inhaling its scent then sinking my teeth in, savoring every bite. " Mmmmm, " I moaned. These tasted just like her hugs.

          It was definitely worth the wait.


   


       


       

© 2017 Tamara


Author's Note

Tamara
This is a short story I wrote today, something very simple and enjoyable, because Who doesn't like grandma's specialty? Please feel free to leave comments and offer any advice. I do apologize if you start to feel hungry after reading ^-^ ENJOY!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This short story is so adorable! I loved reading it and being able to smell the cookies and imagine the little old grandmother baking cookies. Reminds me of when I was younger.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Tamara

7 Years Ago

Aw, thank you so much! I'm glad you liked it!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

266 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 11, 2017
Last Updated on February 11, 2017
Tags: food, love, family

Author

Tamara
Tamara

Roman Catholic, Trinidad and Tobago



Writing
The Photograph The Photograph

A Story by Tamara