Her Beloved Insanity

Her Beloved Insanity

A Story by Serenity

                        The young girl sits in her closet rocking back and forth….  back and forth. Her hands are pressed to her temples as her nails dig into the sides of her head. Her bare feet show and her toes curl under as if she is trying to shrink further into the depths of the closet. She mutters words that cannot be heard or recognized. One of the police officers gently places his hand on her shoulder and her head jerks up in almost an unnatural movement. She starts screaming words that are illegible among the police. She throws herself further to the wall trying in vain to get away from the man. She kicks at him and hits his hands away any time he tries to get near her. Tears start to fall down her flushed cheeks as her screams turn to whispers of sorrow and anguish. The police officer picks her up carefully trying not to send her into another panic and carries her out to the car that is waiting. They pass the kitchen which is stained with the blood of her parents. Streaks cover the walls and handprints taint the windows. Her vision begins to blur and it is as if she can almost hear them screaming again, screaming her name, screaming for her to stop. They get to the car and he places her gently in the back seat. She passes out almost instantly, her blonde hair falls to the side of her face carelessly and her flushed cheeks shine the same color as her lips. Her limp body now slumped over, leaning against the door of the car. You could see her face through the dirty window as they drove away, her eyes closed. She looked almost peaceful or at peace with herself.

                      She was driven to a nearby mental hospital and dropped off there. She was placed in a single patient room and left there until her arousal. Her eyes flew open about 2 days later. She glanced feverishly around, startled by her new surroundings. She didn’t talk much and only when she was having a breakdown. Other than that she never spoke a word to anyone. She curled up on her bed into a ball until someone came to check on her. She seemed terrified. The nurse explained where she was. Although she was told what to do, she often followed the nurse around like a lost puppy. She was given a new set of clothes and shoes but she refused to wear either. Instead she stuck to the white nighty she had been given and preferred to walk around the hospital barefoot as the day she had arrived. She was stubborn but didn’t cause much trouble. No one came to visit her for the first few weeks, and then she wrote a letter to her nurse asking her to call a friend of hers and tell him to come and visit. The nurse was a bit concerned and a bit puzzled but did as the girl had requested. Two days later a young boy arrived and asked to see her. He was pointed to the visiting room where he waited patiently for her to come. She stepped into the room barefoot as always. She could barely stand though. She was weak, she had been sick since yesterday but she didn’t want to miss him so she had gotten up to meet him that afternoon. She smiled the best she could and slowly made her way over. She sat down and began to write to him on a notebook. When she was done he took the notebook, read what she wrote and nodded solemnly. He gave her a hug but she tensed suddenly within his grasp and began to shake violently. She fell to the floor cupping her face and head.  “Why” she muttered “Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why?” Doctors rushed in and gripped her arms trying to stop her from injuring herself and she thrashed around. Then she stopped suddenly and passed out. The boy looked at the girl stunned and ran out of the room. The doctors carried her back to her room and placed her on the bed. She tossed and turned and grabbed at her temple screaming profanities to the heavens not expecting anything to respond. Thrashing and raging she flung herself back and forth across the twin sized bed, shrieking a curse to the sky. Her arms wrapped delicately around her head as she screamed. Doctors tried to pull her out of bed, but only managed to get her sitting up her arms being held out to her side as she thrashed wildly. Her beautifully blonde hair cascaded around her like a drape covering her pale white face, and her icy blue eyes. Her nails searched for something to mall and tear apart, like the flesh of a human arm. Her head struggled to understand, to understand what was happening to her. Her legs kicked and flew as she tried to get away, to just get away from this place. Sadness took over and her screams of anger and rage turned to screams of agony and grief, of pain and torture. Her thrashing stopped and tears rolled down her hot flushed cheeks, and landed gently on the pure white bed spread below her. She threw her head back and wailed in torment, and suffering. Her crystal blue eyes filled with hatred. She cried out for help, but all they did was inject her with some sort of sleeping drug. Her vision began to blur as she rocked back and forth…..back and forth. Her grip loosened and her nails which had left marks on the nurses flesh let go. Her sun bleached hair was tossed to one side as her eyes make contact with a young boy one last time before her body slumped over in the nurses grasp. Slowly the nurses tossed her onto the bed. Her delicate body, placed gently back into place, the covers over her stomach hid the wrinkles of the struggle. Her mind was now at peace, for now. Her icy blue eyes hidden behind closed eyelids. She didn’t awaken for the rest of the night. The poor girl had lost her mind. After that she shook all the time, shivered is more like it. She could barely stand up let alone walk. She had melt downs more often and they soon became a daily thing. After a while she just lost her mind all together. She no longer left her room or ate very much of anything. She would sit in the corner whimpering and crying to herself. When food was delivered she would crawl over to it pick at it maybe eat some and then fall to the floor thrashing around. The doctors soon gave up on her. She barely slept and when she did she would toss and turn and wake up in panic attacks gasping for air. Her once crystal blue eyes were now hollow and lost. She seemed soulless perhaps. Her mental state was too far gone. There was no hope for her, there was no saving her.

 Insanity had claimed her.

© 2012 Serenity


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is frightening. You have written about my deepest personal fear.

Posted 11 Years Ago


soliloquy

11 Years Ago

Losing my sanity has always driven me to avoid certain things and people. I am terrified of 'losing.. read more
Serenity

11 Years Ago

I learned that if you live in fear, you miss out on so much of life that its not worth it, im going .. read more
soliloquy

11 Years Ago

I understand. I dont mean to give the wrong impression. I am not a fearful person really....but I .. read more
One of the many things I enjoyed about this was the images you splashed on the page and nothing was forced. You made the flow easy and the wording along with emotions was nice. This was something very well written and I want to read more.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is great! I love it! I love writings like this. Creepy, and insanity! It's me thing! Great writing Serenity! Keep it up!

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
_
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22ut_pzoWgY

i was listening to this while reading DOESN"T IT GO ALONG!!!! it was a wicked read and very cool poor girl absolutely heart-wrenching to see her suffer in such a manner awesome story :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh, I like this one! Insanity is a subject that is good for being imaginative. But there are questions this leaves unanswered: Who is the boy and why is he somewhat important to the girl? Was there a reason the girl went insane? And just out of curiosity why did you choose to have the police find her in a closet? Anyway still this is very good!

Posted 12 Years Ago


very well done. I love pieces about insanity and either the slip into it or what they experience. This had both. Greta job.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

375 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 21, 2012
Last Updated on May 14, 2012

Author

Serenity
Serenity

MT



About
Hey im lively yet dark, i can write happy but i usually write sad and morbidly depressing. I Love to read and write, especially poetry. I Love Dark And Tragic Stories. I Am A Hopless Romanic. and Musi.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..