You don't care, you don't know me

You don't care, you don't know me

A Poem by tanaya
"

A poem about my mum... As sad as that is

"
 

You don’t know me

You pretend you do

But you don’t

 

You don’t know what I like

You don’t know how I feel

You don’t know my deepest fears and regrets

 

Though you should

 

You supposed to know my deepest fears

Your supposed to know what makes me laugh

What my weaknesses are

What I need the most,

But you don’t

 

You only know the me that I show you

My mask

But you don’t care

 

If I'm moping you ignore it

If I'm happy you put me down

And you don’t care

 

It breaks my heart,

Rips it in two

With only a gaping hole left behind

I cant breath

And you don’t care

 

The tears run down my face

And you don’t care

How could you ignore me like that?

 

I scream at you,

With tears running down my face

And you don’t even see them

 

You don’t care

 

You don’t know me

© 2011 tanaya


Author's Note

tanaya
Please read and review! All comments welcome!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

To get it out is to heal.. in time you will see that decisions made for you, are made to keep you safe. Being a parent of a teenaged daughter myself I can relate to much of what you are saying. In a parent's mind (my mind) there is always a struggle between what she wants and what she needs. I see when she holds back, and when she dances with exuberance.. but at the same time, as a person, I struggle with my own demons, emotions that can never be understood by another. I guess what I am saying.. sometimes it's a give and take, you only give as much as she is willing to take, and vise versa. To love someone, you must love unconditionally and give all that you want in return. Nicely conveyed piece of work. Now go share it with her, and give her a chance to know the girl that is reaching out for her love.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Your words are true. Few people care how we feel. I like the honest and direct language in the poem. A strong ending to the outstanding poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


i was reading an interview with an actress whose name i forget, but she was talking about her mother. i have never known my mother very well, though she raised me, and growing up there was violent animosity to the point of minor bloodshed. mine, in a dramatic, self inflicted demonstration of masochism versus hairstyle. it's true that as you grow up and that relationship changes you'll appreciate blahblahblah sacrifice blahblah struggle etc. i couldn't know or care about anyone other than myself. there was too much going on with me and as the responsible party, why wouldn't she do more to understand what i was going through? it's true, as a parent, you are lost as an individual until your human grub has left the home to become aware of things other than itself. that's what the actress was talking about. coming around to be interested in the complex individual who utterly gave up the simple joys of life to maintain the survival needs of someone who will grow to hate them. no one knows anyone. not that well.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I'm supposed you have strong emotions flaring in this poem. Looks like you hate the world right now..no just kidding! I love how you express your strong feelings in a way that captures readers to think about what will happen next to the character present. Will he commit suicide? Will he continue life? Will he be alone for the rest of his life? These are questions that I think may have some sort of ending to the poem although the ending you have written is good enough that it leaves me hanging. Keep writing!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I don't know you. But such as I have I will give you and share with you. There is a God who both knows you and loves you. He knows your every fear and hears your every tear. He formed you and fashioned your soul before the foundation of the world. He has never left you and you have felt Him there inside your heart and you looked for Him in others and you did not see Him there and it made you feel sad and lonely like you were the only...the only child of God. But in my Father's house are many mansions and many are His wonders to behold. The flesh spreaks of the flesh and judges according to the flesh but the Spirit calls to us and has not left us as orphans. Blessings of peace, love, hope and light.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This seems like a very personal piece but its great. I'm sorry that you feel this way. Trust me I know first hand what this feeling feels like and I know how heart breaking it truly is. Great poem.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I'm so sorry that you feel this way, it is heartbreaking...but i love your poem, it was full of emotion, and it really made me realize...

Posted 12 Years Ago


The feeling "no caring" is the worse feeling in the world. Mostly when we show our hearts, and you feel that there is no caring at all.
This hurts. And we say : "I do not care" in true is: "I care - and i am hurt".
*Mary*

Posted 12 Years Ago


Great stuff again seems to personal to share on here but still I'm glad you did

Posted 12 Years Ago


Heartbreaking! The pain is felt in this piece. You have conveyed raw emotions that are honest ,and touches the heart... I hope writing allows some form of release. Well written!

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

456 Views
20 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 25, 2011
Last Updated on November 25, 2011

Author

tanaya
tanaya

Wyoming, NSW, Australia



About
Hi! My name is Tanaya Smith :) Pleased to meet your acquaintance :) I am 16 in year 11. I live in Australia. My natural hair colour is blonde but there were to many sterotypes along .. more..

Writing
Mummy! Daddy! Mummy! Daddy!

A Poem by tanaya


Flick Flick

A Poem by tanaya



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..