Dreamscape

Dreamscape

A Story by Tapher
"

It shall be where we go, when judgement is apon us.

"

 I couldn't remember anything, but, I really didn't try either. I had no idea where I was nor how I got there. I looked around and saw nothing but a dark, damp, drippy cave, and I was stuck inside it. I noticed for a moment that a segment of the cave begin to fade away to reveal a cavern which led to what seemed to be light at the end. I felt a very painful throb in my head. I tried to put my hand on it to try to pacify the pain, but like everyone else who ever tries that, it doesn't work. The pain did subside though, a minute or 2 after. I shrugged off the incident and began to walk towards the light. The cave still dripped, even though i couldn't see any water of any kind. Halfway there my head hurt again. I arrived to the exit which was so bright i could barely open my eyes. My head hurt, but more so than it did. I felt wet and put my hand to my head once more, there was blood. The light dimmed down and became tolerable, i was able to see.

        I gazed upon a beautiful landscape. High hills with dominating mountains in the background, a large waterfall roared beside the cavern, a friendly forest awaited down the meadow that was populated by a vast amount of flowers and flora. I heard birds, I saw butterflys, and I felt peaceful. My head throbbed and I felt a bit more blood, but i ignored it and wiped it away. I walked out of the cave and onto the green grass. I crouched and put my hands through it. It was soft, clean, even. I stood up and walked over to the water fall. It's roar was fearsome, like that of a mighty lion. I looked into the stream it created and saw my reflection in it. I had on jeans, sneakers, a shirt that said "htgnertS si epoH" but I looked myself and realized it read "Hope is Strength", my hair was ratty, and my head had a red splat where blood was. My head throbbed. I put my hands in the water, it was perfect, not too hot, not too cold; and I washed my head and hair. Beneath the red stain was nothing. I heard the crunching of the grass behind. I turned and saw only a bright light in the form of a person, a beautiful woman.

"Marty." she said sweetly, her voice seemed to empower her glow as it got brighter.

"Marty." she said again. Marty? Who is he? In a moment i realized my name was Marty.

"Yes?" i asked.

"Marty, Marty." Her light grew more intense. I became blinded and shut my eyes. I could still hear her voice echoing. I began to lose the sounds of the magnificant forest and water, which were replaced with a heart moniter and a breathing apparatus.

    "Marty? Marty!" said a girl. I opened my eyes and grouned, my head pounded with pain.

"Whats going on?" I asked.

"My God I thought we lost you." she said and put her arms around me. My memory returned as I realized it was my wife, Sarah.

"What happened?" I asked.

"You had to have emergency brain surgery after you passed out after complaining about a pain in your head, the doctors said you died but still tried to save you, oh my God Marty I'm so glad your safe."

"I died? wow, but I saw the most wonderful world, the most beautiful thing I could ever imagine. Like I was locked away into a dream world."

"they say," she said, "that heaven is a beautiful place Marty, I'm glad you saw it, but I'm happier I have you back."

© 2012 Tapher


Author's Note

Tapher
Enjoy ',:D

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

221 Views
Added on September 14, 2012
Last Updated on September 14, 2012
Tags: dream, scape, dreamscape

Author

Tapher
Tapher

Greenfield, IN



About
Hey there, my name is Chris. I enjoy writing of all kinds and enjoy writing them as well, my favorite styles to write include many dark or deep backgrounds, although I do commonly write about personal.. more..

Writing
Post-Past Post-Past

A Story by Tapher


Spring Broken Spring Broken

A Story by Tapher


Butterflies Butterflies

A Story by Tapher