Catching Feelings

Catching Feelings

A Story by grayscale heart

I started catching feelings.


There’s clothing strewn on my floor, painted with orange light peeking through the blinds, and it’s a picture I want to frame. The air is a drug of summer and sweat and heavy breathing those mornings. It settles in my skin, and I want to drink it because it doesn’t feel dirty. My sheets like the way his skin sticks to them.


He uses the window to brush messy hair with his fingers and grins when he sees me watching. The sound of denim sliding up his legs hurts my ears. But I smile, and he calls on the phone sometimes.


Nighttime is our time, but he’d have us sunbathe. I can’t count crooked teeth with daylight in my eyes. The small breath he takes before our lips meet tells a story, and it’s the scariest one I’ve ever heard. They say you’re the most comfortable right before you die.


I started catching feelings for the boy I bring home. So we never talk anymore. 

© 2016 grayscale heart


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
-
You capture the frighten feeling of falling in love. Friends with benefits is so beautiful until someone latches on. I love the ending to this. N.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

242 Views
1 Review
Added on April 5, 2016
Last Updated on April 5, 2016

Author

grayscale heart
grayscale heart

TX



About
black heart with a soul made of daisies. baby wiener dogs make me cry. my most prized possession is a pair of purple chucks. never never never grow so old again. i like for things to be yellow. more..

Writing