Secrets and the Unknown

Secrets and the Unknown

A Story by Tasha

I am sitting in Agent Keith’s office writing what happened. They want to know how I found out my Aunt was a killer. They also want to know where my father is. I cannot provide them with this information, yet.

 

 

 

“Hello, dear niece. I have searched long and hard and have finally found your whereabouts. I wish I could tell you this in person, but as it is, I cannot. I need you to do me a favor. I wish to speak with your father but I do not know where he is. I need you to tell him that I might die soon and he has to take over. Do not ask questions. This is vitally important. Do not bother to try to find out where I am located and do not reply to this message. Do not trust anyone that asks you too many questions. Do not show this message to anyone. Not even family. They cannot be trusted. In fact, when you are done reading this, I need you to burn this note immediately. That is all. This is probably me saying goodbye to you forever,” I read this note repeatedly, silently to myself. I did not burn the note immediately. To tell the truth, I did not burn it at all. I would have burned it if I knew what would take place in my life afterwards.

 

The day I got the note, I had mixed feelings. I have not seen my uncle or my father in years. My uncle left the city of Miami when I was 12 years old. I have not seen or heard from him since, until now. My dad went into hiding 4 years ago (I do not know why), when my mom died a mysterious death. I still do not know, to this day, what caused her death, and it haunts me every time I close my eyes. The only family members I am still in touch with are my aunt, and my grandpa, both on my dad’s side.

 

Before I get more into this, let me tell you more about me. My name is Talia Oso. I was born on January 19, 1992. The day that note was sent was my birthday. It was the first letter of communication I had received from my uncle so I read it. I wish I did not. I am currently 20 years old and attending Florida State University. (How my uncle got hold of what college I was enrolled in I never found out.) My looks are pretty average. Sleek black hair, eyes and skin the color of milk chocolate, lips that need a bit more gloss to it, and skinny. My aunt says I look just like my mom, and according to my old photos of her, it is true. I have a photo of her, my dad, and me when we went on vacation to SeaWorld under my pillow. I like to gaze at it in the darkness of the night. It comforts me to see what used to be, and how happy I was.

 

I searched ‘where is Miguel Oso,’ my father’s name, on my laptop the next day. I was sitting at a table in Starbucks when I felt a soft tap on my shoulder. “I know where Miguel Oso is,” whispered a voice as I looked behind me. I gasped. It was my aunt. She put her finger to her lips and led me out the glass doors of the coffee place, to her car. We got in. My aunt typed 1434 Gates Lane. I glanced a questioning look at her. 1434 Gates Lane was where the old cemetery was located. She ignored my look and drove off toward the direction the GPS took her. I clicked on an article on my laptop. “Miguel Oso has disappeared off the face of the Earth the day his beloved wife, Martina Oso, passed away 4 years ago, leaving his brother’s wife to take care of his 16 year old daughter. We do not know what caused Martina’s death. Miguel Oso was last seen talking to his sister-in-law. A neighbor witnessed this conversation happen. She was later on questioned for the disappearance and death that took place. She did not want to cooperate, and investigators threatened to take her to court but eventually left her alone due to other cases,” the article said.

 

“Let me see the note your uncle sent you. Do this and I’ll take you to see your father,” my aunt told me. Immediately, I knew. I knew my father was being held against his will. I knew who his captor was. I knew who killed my mother. I still didn’t know the business about my uncle, but I did know I had to get out of this car, and fast.

 

“I burned it,” I replied.

 

“No you didn’t. I was watching you ever since it was delivered,” she said.

 

“I left it at my house,” I said. She looked annoyed then turned around.

 

As this little conversation took place, I was emailing my friend. “Help! Aunt is psycho! Get cops to my apartment! Tell them it is an emergency dealing with a loose killer. Don’t ask questions, it’ll take up too much time. Just hurry, please!” I wrote. I was lucky she was online too. If she wasn’t, I can’t imagine what would have happened.  She replied a simple “Ok” and went offline. I trusted her to get me out of this mess and she did. Fifteen minutes later, my aunt drove up to my apartment door. She pulled me out of the car and dragged me inside only to find five police officers standing in the living room, guns pointed, and I hope, fully loaded. She turned around and tried to run but there were five more behind us. “You’re under arrest for the kidnapping of Miguel Oso and the murder of Martina Oso. Put your hands behind your back. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can be held or used against you in the court of law.

 

 

That is what happened. Need I describe all the details of  the police taking her, me eating dinner then going to bed with cops patrolling the outside of my apartment building, and the next day where they took me into Agent Keith’s office to write everything I knew? I need not. I can’t even go back to the University now. They said they could not deal with students that were exposed to the law, even if the students did nothing wrong. I end this paper frustrated and wishing I knew where the future would bring me. Maybe I need to see a psychic. 

© 2012 Tasha


Author's Note

Tasha
Do you think it's a bit rushed?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on July 18, 2012
Last Updated on July 19, 2012
Tags: Secrets, Unknown, Mystery, Suspense, Detective, Killer, Muderer

Author

Tasha
Tasha

AL



About
I love to read and write, and I suspect so do many of you. I started writing on Friday, May 27, 2011. I have the dates on everything I've ever written, don't ask why. I started reading, according to m.. more..

Writing
Happy Soul Happy Soul

A Story by Tasha