Psychic Twins

Psychic Twins

A Story by Tasha
"

2 twins predict the end of the world

"

Layla  and  Luila  always  thought  they  were  a  bit  weird  growing  up.  They  were  born  identical  twins  on  the  fourth  of  July.  All  through  school  they  always  felt  a  mystical  bond  between  them,  no  matter  how  far  apart  they  were.  When  Layla  got   the  flu,  Luila  also  felt  sick.  When  Luila  got  a  black  eye  Layla’s  eye  would  also  blacken.  Back  then  they  didn’t  feel  as  they  felt  now  in  high school.  Extremely weird.  The cheerleaders would play tiny pranks on them.  The  stuck-up  rich  kids  would  ‘accidentally’  shove  them  sending  their  books  flying.  The nerds stared at them awkwardly.  And their friends?  Well, they didn’t have any.  All  this  madness  started  a  week  ago,  on  November  eighth.  You  see,  the  two  of  them  always  felt  that  they  could  somehow  predict  the  future.  They thought it was their god-given gift.  That  week  they  told  every  single  person  they  knew  to  come  by  the  public  park  at  5:00  p.m.,  and  to  spread  the  word  around  town.  About  seventy  people  showed  up,  all  curious  to  find  out  what  this  was  all  about.  Layla and Luila made their next prediction.

 

  “We think that in two more months the world is going to be destroyed. I and my sister, Luila, have both dreamed this prediction, and most of our predictions come true.”

  “We have seen an enormous, gigantic light. It looked bigger than the planet Earth! We think it may have been the sun but we are not sure. We’re just warning everyone ahead of time. Have a nice day!”

  The crowd murmured to each other, “Who do they think they are?” and “I’m not listening to these crazy people!” and other stuff that won’t be said.

  Layla and Luila’s parents didn’t see this coming. They were hoping, at least, that their daughters would announce that they were pregnant at 15 or something. They didn’t count on having crazy psychics as daughters. The two embarrassed parents didn’t know anything about their daughters’ dreams about predictions. They didn’t even believe in that nonsense!

  “Frank, Amanda, you need to take your daughters to a shrink! I’m glad this wasn’t on national T.V.!” cried Mia, a family friend.

  That’s just what they did. They set up an appointment with a Dr. Smith. The twins were suspected to show up on November 15th, at 6:30 p.m., a week later.

  That’s how they found themselves walking down the school hallways being stared at by even the nerds. When they attended classes the teachers would sometimes ask one of them a question and stare at them expecting some crazy answer. When they finally got home at 4:30 p.m. their parents told them that they were supposed to speak to a shrink.

  “Why? What do we have to do that for?” Layla asked.

  “I’m not seeing a shrink! We’re not crazy! I can’t believe our own parents would call us crazy!” yelled Luila.

  Girls! Calm down! No need to get exited. We paid a large amount of money to this guy and you will talk to him whether you like it or not. He’s the best one in his profession in the whole entire state,” stated their mother.

 

  2 hours later the family walked into Dr. Smith’s office. His eyes were cold and glaring. His head was naked. Not a sign of hair. He had a wide forehead and arched chin. “Please if you wouldn’t mind Mr. and Mrs. Hutcherson, kindly make your way to the door,” Dr. Smith said after a quick handshake with each of them. When they stepped out he began questioning the twins. “When did you two have your first so-called prediction?”

  “5 years old,” they both replied.

  “What did you predict?”

  “That our puppy would get ran over by a car,” said Layla.

  “And did he?”

  “It was actually a girl sir, and yes, she did.”

  “Did you ever have any hate towards this dog?”

  “When we first got her I was a little fearful toward her, but eventually I came to love her like she was my sister,” answered Luila.

  “So, I assume when you was scared of this dog you wished it to get run over by a car. You didn’t predict this. You just wished it. You don’t know what actually happened since, well, you were five.”

  “I beg your pardon, but my sister and I probably have the best memory in this whole country, and I suggest if you don’t want the world to end then you best prepare yourself for the impossible sir.”

  “Fine, you don’t want any help? Get out of my office,” and with that he opened the door. “I’m sorry but I cannot help your daughters because they won’t allow me to. I suggest you see someone else, or no one at all for that matter. I don’t think they can ever be helped. Goodbye.” He slammed the door shut in the fuming faces of Frank and Amanda and sat down to work at his computer.

 

One month later

December 1st, 2011

 

  The twins were the latest talk in town. As they walked down the street they heard people say stuff like “There goes the Hutcherson twins,” and “Don’t make eye contact with them Lola.” Lola did anyway. Now this girl Lola is going to become as important in this story as Layla and Luila so I had to mention that she did, in fact, make eye contact. Layla caught her eye for a second then looked away. Luila just kept walking, looking straight ahead.

  They finally arrived at their destination, the library. Luila pulled her sister to the back of the library. “Shh! I thought I heard footsteps following us before we walked in. “

  “Lu, you’re being paranoid. I hope you’re not going crazy like everyone thinks we are.

  “No, I’m serious. Shh!”

   Layla saw a familiar face peer around the corner of a bookcase.

  “Told you!” Luila whispered quite loudly.

  “I can hear you guys you know,” said Lola because it was, in fact, her.

  “I know you! You’re the girl that was staring at me on the sidewalk!” cried Layla. 

  “There was a dude with you too. Seemed quite rude in my opinion.”

  “My stepbrother. Sorry about that. I’m Lola. I was in the back of the crowd last month when you made your prediction.”

  “Great. Someone else calling us crazy,” Luila said.

  “No, no! I wasn’t going to call you crazy! I was just going to tell you how I had that same dream!”

  “What!?!?” the twins shouted.

  They heard footsteps. “SHHH!” whispered the librarian and went back to her desk.

  “As I was saying, I had that same dream and I think the world will start to end in January of 2012. I also think we’re related somehow. I was placed in an adoption center when I was days old because the day I was born it was said that my mother went into a coma. The doctor put me into a very nice adoption center until my mother woke up. She finally did a month later, and I had already been adopted. She tried to claim me back, but she didn’t have the papers to prove that I was her blood child. I’ve heard that when she came out of her coma then you, Layla, was born. Then five minutes later, Luila. I’m not exactly sure that you two are my long lost sisters but I’m pretty sure. I’ve been searching all my life for my real parents and my real siblings. My step family has helped me out a lot. They searched the internet for like 3 hours a day for possible girl twins before they finally came across you two. I told them I think you’re it because the computer said you two claim to have psychic vision. Well as I told you, I’m a psychic too. My stepparents thought I was crazy but they took me here anyway, and now that we’ve united, it’s time to save the planet! Who’s with me?”

  “Uhh, I’m sorry. This is a lot to process. Would you give me and Lay a minute?” asked Luila.

  “Sure guys,” Lola said and she walked to the front of the library and sat down at a table.

  “She’s nuts! We don’t know who she is or if she is lying! What if she’s a spy to come and kill us?”

  “Lu! Chill out! Stop worrying! Besides, I believe her, and I like the part that I’m older than you.” Layla smiled.

  “Fine! But if I end up dead, don’t crying to mom and dad that a strange girl killed me.”

  Layla laughed and they walked to the table that Lola was sitting at.

  “Are you going to tell your parents about this little encounter? I mean, you can’t tell ours. They’re already embarrassed that they have two psychics. They’re going to be mortified if they find out that they have a long lost daughter who’s also a psychic,” said Layla.

  “Of course I’m going to tell them! They’re my parents, after all. I’m going to tell my stepparents too. If I had friends I would tell them. I’m definitely going to tell my stepbrother. He’s been the best brother a girl could have, even if he is sometimes a little annoying. When you saw us, Layla, he told me not to make eye contact so I won’t appear suspicious.”

  Lola, how did you get your name? I mean, it’s a little weird that your name starts with an L,” Luila questioned.

  “Oh, when your mother, I mean our mother, was in the coma the doctors heard her whispering, ‘Lola. Lola. Lola,’ so that’s what they wrote on my birth certificate,” Lola answered. The twins had forgotten why they came into the library and they remained in there talking and catching up with Lola like old friends for the rest of the day.

 

  Over the weeks the weather was getting hotter and hotter. By the end of December, the first month of the winter season, it felt as hot as the Arabian Desert, and the air was stuffy. Lola decided to tell her step family that she found her real family. They was kind of at a loss but gave her their permission to go. The twins decided to pretend that Lola was a friend that needed to stay with them, and you could tell how delighted their parents felt that their daughters finally had a friend over. The twins also told them that Lola’s name was Ashley.

  “Ashley there’s some orange juice in the fridge if you’re thirsty, help yourself,” their mom, Amanda, would say. Lola always did because of the fact that it was so hot outside.

  “This Christmas was not a white one. No one in the entire planet has seen once inch of snow this winter, Antarctica has begun to melt, and it is blazing outside. This is the hottest temperature in history! This is Will Gilbert with Fox 54 News at ten, one hour earlier.”

  “Heard that Hun? It’s burning all over!” shouted Frank.

  “I know! This is terrible!” cried Amanda.

  “I think the sun is getting closer,” whispered Lola to Layla and Luila. They were bunched up at the kitchen table while Amanda was baking some cookies.

  “It’s already January 5th. The world has started to end. What’s causing the sun to get closer? I don’t know, but we need to find out and do something. Fast!” Layla whispered loudly.

  “We may need to try and get to the other side of the world. It should be a bit colder since the sun is on this side. We need to try and get to China. Or maybe even Australia! And someone has to come with us or we might be the only people left alive, maybe the kids from our high school. We need to try and persuade them to come with us. Maybe about time we get to China, or Australia, this side will already be up in flames, and if we can we’ll need to get back to this side. The sun can’t come down on the whole Earth at once. Can it?” asked Luila, unsure of herself.

  The sisters thought about Luila’s speech for awhile. “Ok. Well try this plan of yours. It’s either live or die trying, but first we’ll need to tell our parents the truth about Lola and what we’re going to do. We’ll also need very fast transportation to get us on the other half of the planet,” said Layla. The other two agreed.


(Unfinished)

© 2012 Tasha


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a really good story so far. It's exciting and thrilling. It makes me thirsty for more. I can tell that you put thought into it and everything

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tasha

11 Years Ago

Thank you. I was planning to finish this but every time I open it up I'm never able to think of what.. read more
krestral

11 Years Ago

Its ok! I know the feeling! I've started stories and then never finished.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

447 Views
1 Review
Added on July 19, 2012
Last Updated on July 19, 2012
Tags: WorldEnding, 2012, Psychic, Twins

Author

Tasha
Tasha

AL



About
I love to read and write, and I suspect so do many of you. I started writing on Friday, May 27, 2011. I have the dates on everything I've ever written, don't ask why. I started reading, according to m.. more..

Writing
Happy Soul Happy Soul

A Story by Tasha