A Poem of Gratitude: A letter to my Father

A Poem of Gratitude: A letter to my Father

A Poem by Tashida
"

This poem was inspired by one of the most important people in my life: My father. I hope you all enjoy!

"

Thank you: Words I've said a thousand times and yet I cannot help but believe you do not understand the importance of them. Two small words that give one the power of expressing gratitude, and yet these words are often not enough. I am a writer, and yet, I find myself at a loss for words. You’ve left me speechless, for thank you is not enough.


I’m sorry: Two small words that hold the power to draw tears, to mend what many thought was beyond repair. Two small words with the power to unite lovers, whose spark died out, leaving nothing but hatred. Two small words with the power to send one spiraling in a whirlpool of emotions. Still, you’ve left me speechless, for i’m sorry is not enough.


I could say thank you and i’m sorry from this time till tomorrow. I could say it till the day I die; and yet, it still would not be enough. Thank you is not a strong enough word to express the gratitude I feel. I’m sorry is not a word strong enough to express how contrite I feel for not telling you this sooner, for not being able to be the one you wanted me to be sooner.


So, instead, i’ve written this short poem: this poem of gratitude.

And yet, I feel as though this still isn’t enough. All of the words and gifts in the world aren’t enough.


Love you: It’s still not enough.


© 2016 Tashida


Author's Note

Tashida
Let me know what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

'I am a writer and yet I find myself at a loss for words...' is heartbreaking. Emotions play havoc with the thoughts and yet it these thoughts that writers are expected to capture - or the essence thereof.

The poem has beautifully conveyed feelings. Mission accomplished.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Tashida

7 Years Ago

Thank you Tony :)
That means a lot :) :)
Tony Jordan

7 Years Ago

You are welcome Tashida.
:)
I really loved this poem.... so many times we realize that thank you is not enough, I felt the frustration and appreciation, it came out very strong.
great writing :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Tashida

7 Years Ago

Thank you for reviewing! I'm glad you enjoyed it!
I really like this! Seriously, not in a courtesy way -- I genuinely like this poem. The only thing that sounded kind of off, though, was in the first sentence. It says, "Words i’ve said a thousand times and yet cannot help but believe you do not understand the importance of such words," but it would sound a bit more fluent if it said something like, "Words I've said a thousand times and yet I cannot help but believe you do not understand the importance of them," or something along those lines.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Tashida

7 Years Ago

Thanks for the review! I will definitely look at it again and i'm glad u liked it!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 18, 2016
Last Updated on November 19, 2016

Author

Tashida
Tashida

Lorman, MS



About
I am an aspiring writer. When I was younger, my sister gave me and my other siblings a bag filled with books. Seeing as how I did not have much to do, I often found myself turning to reading to ease .. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Tashida


Resurrection Resurrection

A Book by Tashida


My mask My mask

A Poem by Tashida