My Fears

My Fears

A Poem by Tashida

My Fears

Darkness: engulfing, entrapping

A thick plume of endless black… surrounding

Its vicious claws firmly sunk into me

Rendering me unable to do a thing,

To say a thing.


Fear: lurking, waiting

Slinking, observing " closely, patiently, silently

Dying to pounce… dying to grab hold of me… dying to get the best of me.


Light: A memory, a cruel, distant memory

That taunts, that haunts.

I’ve grown past missing… I’ve released my longing, my secret desire for light.


Hope, joy… I laugh at the very thought.


My fears rule me now...

Darkness rules me now...

They are all that’s left.

© 2016 Tashida


Author's Note

Tashida
Feel free to comment :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Fear - it only lurks if you allow it to. Fear is just a word and feeling - you can either let it drag you down or face it in the eye and beat it with an almighty big stick. Yes, it can be dark, engulfing and many succumb to it and the way you worded the is piece made 'fear' soundm for a lack of better word ..... 'fearful'
You have painted a very vivid picture of how ruthless it can be if it gets the better of certain individuals.
Good word craft with this piece, and as usual I enjoyed your piece.

Mark.

Posted 6 Years Ago


The dark and fear is self-propagating and pervades all of who we are...eventually.
Grey is worse I feel. For as long as we can distinguish between the extremes then we are still 'alive' inside.
The grey is a place of numbness and limbo. In the dark we can fight. In the light we can rejoice. But in the between we are mired in mud.
An interesting quote that is oft attributed to the Devil is that he,Lucifer, said that he'd rather rule in Hell than serve in Heaven. Your poem brought that to mind here.
Good writing Tashida

Posted 7 Years Ago


Tashida

7 Years Ago

Thank you for the review! It means a lot :)
Great imagination. I only hope it is all just that. Once again, well done.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Tashida

7 Years Ago

Thank you once again! And thankfully, it is just imagination.
Fears tempt to eat us alive. I believe it might be even worse than dying. But some learn to overcome them, while sometimes fear overcomes others. Very nicely written, you can say I can relate. Keep up the good work.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Tashida

7 Years Ago

Thank you :) I'm glad you could relate it!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

328 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 22, 2016
Last Updated on November 22, 2016

Author

Tashida
Tashida

Lorman, MS



About
I am an aspiring writer. When I was younger, my sister gave me and my other siblings a bag filled with books. Seeing as how I did not have much to do, I often found myself turning to reading to ease .. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Tashida


Resurrection Resurrection

A Book by Tashida


My mask My mask

A Poem by Tashida



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Night Works Night Works

A Story by Stan Lee


The End The End

A Poem by Giulia King


Hope Hope

A Poem by Sira YR