Do You See It?

Do You See It?

A Poem by Tate Viviano

Do you see it?

Do you see the hate we have brought into the world under the name of love?

Do you see it?

Do you see the children with no faces rotting in the sun?

Do you see it?

Do you see the flashing blue lights tearing children away from their parents?

Do you see it?

Do you see tanks assaulted by children with rocks?

Do you see it?

Do you see…Yourself?

Do you see it?

Do you see the old man who wears his flag with a proud smile?

Do you see it?

Do you see the boarder drawn in the forest separating one side from the other?

Do you see it?

Do you see that “God” left this place a long time ago…It’s frail voice echoing “What have you done?”

Do you see it?

Do you see the little girl sharing her sandwich with a man dressed in rags?

Do you see it?

Do you see the mutual smiles between them?

Do you see it?

Do you see the person kissing the sores of a leper to show them they are loved and have value?

Do you see it?

One day you shall see it all!

© 2017 Tate Viviano


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

What a powerful poem. A sentiment that needs saying. I enjoyed reading it.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Hello there :)

"Do you see it?

One day you shall see it all!"

Loved the last two lines. This is the world's brutal truth.
Great work :)



Posted 7 Years Ago


Hello Tate, I love the message you convey asking us to open our eyes and see beyond our own back yards.
Hope is the presence of humanity, its our responsibility a heavy one at times. Great read.
Regards Rach x

Posted 7 Years Ago


Humanity is on a pinnacle, I do see more and more helping and uniting than those who are not, it is a heavy domain at times this world, sigh :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tate Viviano

7 Years Ago

Such a heavy time we are facing that I feel all have faced throughout time. But we shall overcome!
You showed us that there is hope. That there are still good people that do selfless things.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tate Viviano

7 Years Ago

I believe there is such great hope for the world if we can heal the damages that have been done. I t.. read more
sorrowful until the author offers a branch to hang onto before we plunge over the giant waterfall.
the best part is how you articulated the general disconnection these days, the flashing blue lights have that effect. I see it. I liked it.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tate Viviano

7 Years Ago

So glad you liked it! Yes these are troubling times but they are not yet lost if we fight for it.
such an interesting way you've structured this work. My favorite line is 'children with no faces rotting in the sun.' Though I don't think I truly understand the meaning behind it.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tate Viviano

7 Years Ago

Thanks for reading hope you enjoyed it. The meaning in my mind is the causalties of war.
Eliee

7 Years Ago

Beautiful, I truly did enjoy it!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

481 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 20, 2017
Last Updated on January 20, 2017
Tags: War, Peace, Love, Humanity, Anarchism

Author

Tate Viviano
Tate Viviano

CO



About
I am twenty three and have been really writing poetry and stories since I was eighteen. I enjoy the poetry of the Sufi's as well as the greats such as Maya Angelou. I am so excited to share my work an.. more..

Writing
Brother Brother

A Poem by Tate Viviano



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Wow Wow

A Poem by Tony Jordan