Second Chance

Second Chance

A Poem by Taughtskii
"

Just something I came up with while listening to Yoko Kanno - Inner Universe

"

I have a vision. I see a girl, on top of a large building. A sky scraper you could say. A girl with short dark hair, crying. Mascara running down her face. A girl with a past not so great. A lot of terrible things she did. Only 14, yet has caused a lot of grief in her life. She slowly walks up to the edge of the building. But one thing is odd about this girl. One wing is an angel wing, and one is a demon wing. She starts remembering more. Every bad memory she has ever caused or been a part of flashing through her mind. As she approaches, she stands at the edge. Watching the people walk by down below, and the cars driving. The wind blows through her hair. She takes a deep breath and….

 

 

SHES FALLING.

 

 

 Her wings explode into a breeze of feathers, floating away, she’s lost everything now. Her arms reach out for someone who isn’t there. That same girl is down at the bottom, singing a depressing song. People are passing her quickly, they are all wearing black. They all look the same; they have no faces. Only blurred silhouettes. Tears are streaming down her face, smearing her mascara. She looks beaten down, like her life is about to come to end. She sings and sings, but no one can hear her; Only the girl that is falling, which is her. Suddenly, everything stops. The colors become invert. Two small angels fly down to the girl who is falling. They talk to each other.

I can hear them saying things. One says  “Stand alone . . . Where was life when it had a meaning . . .” The other says  “Stand alone . . . Nothing's real anymore. . .” The girl at the bottom, singing her heart out. Her eyes now over flooding with tears; she wants to save the girl. Yet there’s nothing she can do. She calls onto the angels to help her.

 

 

CALLING . . . CALLING NOW . . .

SPIRITS RISE AND FALLING. . .

CALLING . . . CALLING . . .

IN THE DEPTHS OF FALLING . . .

 

 

Every thing starts playing again. The girl continues to fall. The angels fly back up into the heavens. Leaving the girl. She is alone now. Alone falling deep into the darkness. Her arms reach out once again, crying and crying, tears flying from her face and falling down like snow.  But theres no one there. She’s hopeless. She thinks of everything she has ever done, she deserves this. The girl continues to sing. But only she can hear herself.

She keeps falling . . . Falling . . . FALLING . . . She turns her body facing the ground, accepting her painful punishment. Just falling, into the depths of falling. Nothing’s real anymore. Life once had a meaning, but she gave it up. She’s almost at the bottom, she made a prayer silently to herself.

 

 

 

 

 

Angels and demons were circling above me

Cutting thorns and Milky Way

Don't know happiness from

Who knew it but couldn't give it

 

 

Watch in awe

Watch in awe

Aeria gloris

Aeria gloris

 

 

Watch in awe

Watch in awe

Aeria gloris

Aeria gloris

 

 

I am calling, calling now

Spirits rise and falling

To stay with you longer

Calling, calling in the depth of longing

To stay with you longer

 

 

Watch in awe

Watch in awe

Aeria gloris 

 

 

She’s almost at the bottom. She closes her eyes…

She opens them. She body is 5 inches from the ground, floating.

Her white wings are glowing and stretched out, like she has become an angel. She was given her SECOND CHANCE.

© 2011 Taughtskii


Author's Note

Taughtskii
This was more like a vision rather than poetry (:

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1999 Views
1 Review
Added on April 12, 2011
Last Updated on April 12, 2011

Author

Taughtskii
Taughtskii

Canton, OH



About
I am 14 years old. I have currently written over 20 books. (but never finished or published them xD) I like alot of anime. and I read ALOT of manga. Most of my stories are japanese, well, they have ja.. more..

Writing
Pain Pain

A Poem by Taughtskii


Suffering Suffering

A Poem by Taughtskii