Chapter 1: What Did I Do?

Chapter 1: What Did I Do?

A Chapter by Taylor Jackson
"

What Did I Do?

"
Why do we run? Are we chasing an unforeseen destiny...or an unfavorable nightmare? My past is not important to you, and It shouldn't be. Your'e a reader here for a story you've never heard before and my story has been told a thousand times...a thousand different ways. I'm a nobody. I'm a wanderer. I'm...different.

When I reached by twenty-first birthday. Everything changed. I came home from college to find my mothers body laying on the floor. The police on scene couldn't figure out what had happened to her. There was no sign of a struggle. No signs of internal trauma. No signs of injury at all. It's like she just stopped living. That was the day Jennifer Hayes Wilson died. That is the day everything changed.
I felt something while on the scene of the crime. A...presence. I couldn't see anything around me or in the house. Sure I'm aware there are people everywhere do to the death, but this was different. 
It's hard to explain what happened next, but it was catastrophic. Do you know that feeling when you yawn? Your body seems like it fills up when you take a deep breathe. It was similar to that. But when I breathed in. I noticed items in the room move closer to me. Then it happened. 
Something touched my back. I can't remember all of what happened next, but I'll tell you what I can. Everything in the house stopped moving. The police, the EMT, the water coming out of the faucet, even the fly in mid-flight in the hallway. I saw it all. 
I couldn't move, but I can see. Everything was dead quiet. Then I heard a scream coming from nowhere. I only say that because I couldn't place it. It started off faint...but then got really loud. I tried to drown it out by putting my hands on my ears, but I couldn't move. Then came the pain. I couldn't escape the pain. It moved from my feet through my legs and chest all the way to the tip of my head. By this point the scream seemed like it was right in front of me. Like it was..from my own mouth. 
I was able to force my hands closed and I threw them in the air slowly. I don't known why I did this. It seems like it was the only action my body could make. I opened my hands in the air and I felt the pain move to my hands. Then It happened. The scream was unbearable. I felt the ringing withing my ears as I turn towards the mirror on the wall. When I did I saw it. It was right behind me. A shadow that felt like home. It had its hand on my shoulder and it's voice in my mouth, but for some reason I wasn't afraid of it. Then I realized it was me..I was screaming the unbearable sound. 
The inhuman sounds. I couldn't see my eyes either. They were plain white with no pupils. Then I felt a jerk In my hands. As if something was pulling them down to the ground. Then the shadow began to nod it's head in approval. The everything changed forever. I threw my hands down, in a way that would have been like lightning to those frozen in the room. Then...I blacked out. 

I awoke sometime later to find a deserted patched of land. As if some...thing had brought me to an unrecognizable place. Everything was destroyed. The house I was standing in seemed to be burned and broken. What seemed to be the remains of cars where out in front of it.  When I looked down the circle I was standing In was unharmed. It looked like the same hardwood floor...I lived in. This was my house. Something happened. I...did something.

 


© 2019 Taylor Jackson


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
hi
hummmm, i like the mystery, and i like the plot,


but one thing i will say, i think you need to break your paragraphs a little more, might just be me but it looked like a wall of words even tho it was a short read,

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
1 Review
Added on September 14, 2016
Last Updated on July 14, 2019
Tags: Chapter 1, What Did I Do?


Author

Taylor Jackson
Taylor Jackson

Tyler, TX



About
Here to write entertaining stuff! Hope you enjoy! more..

Writing