The Cuts Get Deeper

The Cuts Get Deeper

A Poem by Taz
"

A peek into my soul.

"
I am numb, pained inside, 
There are many, things I hide, 
I make it all, hide behind, 
This wall I built, Inside my eye, 
As the cuts get deeper... 
The past I have, of pain and blood, 
All the wounds, misunderstood, 
I told the truth, but only one,
 Believed me now, I am but done, 
And I write this as they shun,
 And the cuts get deeper... 
I remember all the fear, 
But no one cares about it here, 
As I lay here on my own,
 Wounded while I write this poem, 
As the cuts get deeper... 
The knife I cut with, now is raised,
 To my throat, it slowly grazed,
 My pain my heart, my soul combined,
 But everyone here thinks i'm fine, 
As The Cuts Get Deeper!

© 2017 Taz


Author's Note

Taz
Done.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Building momentum and intensely written. Strong poem.

Posted 6 Years Ago


You have a brilliant knack for refrains!! Well done!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Loves everything with strong emotions in it and it indeed have in it. Loved it

Posted 6 Years Ago


Great job on this poem! I'm sorry to say that I seem to reading a number of pieces about "cutting" & I wish these people were not in such pain. The line "cuts get deeper" is well crafted into a repeating refrain. Your rhymes aren't exact sometimes but I don't find that to be a problem, all in all your structure is good. The only thing I don't like are so many mid-line commas . . . I use minimal punctuation myself, so I think these are distracting, rather than be helpful to guide the reader as to pacing. The pacing is good & easy to follow with the extra commas. But everyone has their own style.

Posted 6 Years Ago


This is a very heartbreaking poem to relate to. But sometimes the saddest things are the most beautiful because of the truth behind them. Beautiful.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Taz

7 Years Ago

Thank you.
This gave me gooseflesh from toenails to the tips of my hairs. I readily identify with every part of this. Walls make the most solitary friends. I understand this as well. I also understand the terrible desire to be known, to the walls breached, to have someone care just enough to do so. My heart cries as I read this. I know this frustration, pain and sadness intimately.

I never chose the pain of the cut, however, I found my greatest outlet when I discovered BDSM and D/s relationships. From a pain side, I feel this. I know the need for the pain to release what you will not otherwise, to circumvent the numbness.

There is such a finality in your final lines that I want to rush to the phone and make sure you are okay. This is a heart wrenching poem - whether an expression of your soul at this moment or as some seriously emotionally engaging writing. This is gripping and leaves me wanting to know - to know what caused this - to know the back story - to know the present and to help shape the future.

You have most certainly engaged this reader and you managed to ferret out all the tiny crevices of my deepest insecurities and put them into words. Well done and well written. A haunting expression. This will stay with me for a good long while.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Taz

7 Years Ago

Thank you. This poem is carved from the pain within my soul.
Poetic License

7 Years Ago

I feared this. My heart goes to you and for you. Sending you healing light to wrap you tight, even.. read more
This really protrays a cutter's mindset, especially one who's been through some very traumatic things and feels alone and numb in the world. It reminds me of my younger days, when I was in a really dark place. I haven't cut in over two years, and I'm proud of that - but it is a feeling that stays in the back of your mind.

The last lines hit hard. A feeling of helplessness as the writer holds a mask up and hides their pain from the world, when all they want is someone to help them. I hope you can find that help, find peace, and learn to love yourself. Scars don't heal if you keep reopening them, physical and mental scars alike.

Beautifully tragic poem, sorry for rambling. This was very raw, expressive, and honest. I really appauld you for speaking out and expressing this.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Taz

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much, I really appriciate how well you could interperate this poem. Again, Thank you.
Sinbulvinter

7 Years Ago

You're welcome. And I've been there before, the poem felt like I was reading something from my past.. read more
Wow....this is so good..i can feel the pain and hurt and the continuos flashbacks of the bad things that happened....The poem is well versed... It is difficult to get over the pain that hurts us deep...and how much ever we try it just increases...Really amazing work...keep it up

Posted 7 Years Ago


Taz

7 Years Ago

Wow, thank you so much I really appriciate it.
Your repetitive in this poem really hits home. The pain we feel in the past doesn't just sit there in the past. It "cuts deeper". Overall it's a really touching poem. Be proud of yourself and don't give up.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Taz

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

808 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 20, 2017
Last Updated on March 27, 2017

Author

Taz
Taz

Alberta, Canada



About
I like to write poems that spontaniously generate in my mind. I am 17 and I am a girl who is in high school so my poems will not be amazing but I do my best.I love my spanish and ASL,I also love basic.. more..

Writing
My girl My girl

A Poem by Taz


confusion confusion

A Poem by Taz



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Friend request Friend request

A Story by Pravir