At The Movies

At The Movies

A Poem by TeenRomance2
"

I was at the movies tonight, watching Sorcerer's Apprentice, and taking in a little more.

"
At the movies, I pay my ticket and step inside.
I look around.
There’s much more to see here than a movie.

There’s a family over there, with way too many kids
And I find it funny, the dad tries to carry all the drinks!
And there’s a couple that holds hands.
They’ll be looking at the movie, not paying attention to the story line.
There’s a fat man with cash very handy
eyeing every single type of chocolate candy…

The acne-ridden kid at the register peeks at his coworker,
and I wonder if he imagines what it’s like to kiss her.

An old man gives pop corn to his grandkid.
Another kid has heelies and with them he skids.

At the movies, I buy my drink and step inside.
I look around.
When the lights go out, I sneakily turn around.

So many faces.
So many stories.

YG

© 2010 TeenRomance2


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Lovely, I love the way your mind works. Like me you clearly love to observe the world, do you ever drive down a road at night and catch glimpses of families through lighted windows and make up a story about that family in your head? Or pass someone on the street and wonder who they are, where they are going and why? I wish I knew all the answers! Haha. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Where ever we are there is always a million things going on , a million people with a million stories , memories , fears... so many different tales. These piece captures that strange reality wonderfully, the tale told with perfection and flow. This piece was beyond amazing absoulutly adore it

Posted 11 Years Ago


Lovely :) It is nice to sometimes just take yourself out of your own world and look around. I like how you presented it so gently and sincerely. It's cute. Makes you very curious.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Cool...a true writer always takes in his or her environment. Its all about detail. Nice write!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Lovely, I love the way your mind works. Like me you clearly love to observe the world, do you ever drive down a road at night and catch glimpses of families through lighted windows and make up a story about that family in your head? Or pass someone on the street and wonder who they are, where they are going and why? I wish I knew all the answers! Haha. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The theater's the best place to people-watch, because everyone's paying attention to something else, leaving themselves open to observation. I like how you put it all down in poetry!

Posted 13 Years Ago


As a cinema buff (a cinemaniac, if you will), I must admit that everything stated here is 110% true. I don't even think the couple holding hands is watching the movie! They're just paying ten bucks for a 2-hour make-out session! :P

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Love it :))

Posted 13 Years Ago


I love how you kind of give everyone in the poem this turth personality you see all the time in the real world.
And so truth, so many stories behind each and one of the persons you see daily.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love this because thats exactly what i see at the movies EVERY time !

Posted 13 Years Ago


I enjoyed this. Its very good. i do this often!

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

596 Views
30 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on July 19, 2010
Last Updated on July 19, 2010
Tags: movies

Author

TeenRomance2
TeenRomance2

Sugarland, TX



About
I'm trying a couple of things that are new to me: ROMANCE, and FLASH FICTION =^-^= {Basically, short stories around 1,000 words} And I love to give reviews on poetry, so don't be shy to send me re.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Marilyn Marilyn

A Poem by OT