OCD

OCD

A Story by Tegon Maus
"

OCD

"

It occurred to me that this is something a child would wish for… or someone that felt things were beyond his control… someone that cannot control themselves. Let’s call it OCD for the purpose of this story. If you have a little something that speaks to you…   then you understand completely. If not let me try to explain… I use the same fork for every meal.  It’s not like we don’t have a drawer full of them but THIS fork has the look, the weight, the right feel, the right shape that makes food taste good… okay, really good.  I can eat at restaurants with other forks mind you but there is always a little something missing. Its hell being held prisoner by a small piece of your brain, compelled to do it’s biding despite everything you try to do to the contrary. You tell yourself it’s a small thing and it doesn’t really matter. You can take it or leave it… that you control it, it doesn’t control you but you do it anyway, time and time again. And if that weren’t enough my eggs have to be on the right side of the plate… eggs are ALWAYS on the right !  Yep !  Always !!

© 2017 Tegon Maus


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sometimes I fear I have this! I feel I have to say something just right, and if I don't feel that it's done right, it can be very nerve wracking and stressful! Very well written!

Posted 2 Years Ago


I'm back again and nothing has changed.. I am still a holy terror.. only this time I am chuckling a little more gleefully..

Posted 2 Years Ago


oh.. you gave me a chuckle to go to sleep on.. thank you.. I understand completely.. just let me misplace something.. holy terror..

Posted 4 Years Ago


Yeah, I know the feeling....for me, it's writing with a freshly sharpened pencil.....it cannot be slightly sharp, it has to be completely "fresh-from-the-sharpener"....I also have a love for classy fountain pens, but when inspiration grabs me, I look past the fountain pen to my 20 to a dollar wooden pencils......strange :)

All these little "OCD" things we carry with us, if expanded upon, could become quite a quirky short story, or even a novel...:)

Posted 5 Years Ago


Tegon Maus

5 Years Ago

As it turns out... several novels !! Tirpub.com/tmaus
SleeplessVolcano

5 Years Ago

Ahhhh....I have a vacation coming....good to find some new reading material :)
Tegon Maus

5 Years Ago

If you send me an Email address I would be happy to send you a free copy of any of my books you woul.. read more
I've heard of this before. If I'm not mistaken, Joey Ramone (the ramones) had OCD and was hospitalized on one occasion because of it. Weird!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Oh Tegon, I can relate! My dishwasher must be loaded in a certain way. My daughter-in-law will try to help me by loading it, but I will secretly rearrange the dishes when she isn't looking. The same holds for folding towels, they must be folded just so. Yes, my OCD is showing again!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Really liked the writing of this piece

Posted 6 Years Ago


I like this story. Many of us are a little like that as well.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Sorry I don't have anything helpful to say here, but reviews are always nice, and I liked the story, so good job!

Posted 7 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Cy!
Relateable... XD

I don't have this but funny.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

659 Views
10 Reviews
Added on January 5, 2017
Last Updated on January 5, 2017
Tags: Tegon Maus, OCD, Eggs, Fork

Author

Tegon Maus
Tegon Maus

CA



About
Dearheart, my wife of fifty one years and I live in Cherry Valley, a little town of 8,200 in Southern California. In that time, I've built a successful remodeling /contracting business. But tha.. more..

Writing