The Dog and the Doghouse

The Dog and the Doghouse

A Story by Alexander Loux
"

A fable about the lesson of a dog.

"

In the next town over there lived a great dog who was well loved by his owners, fed the best of beef bones, and had a life that left him very well content. The only thing that this dog longed for was the doghouse that the dog across the way owned. This particular doghouse was equipped with the most modern of appliances. A refrigerator that with one press of the paw would dispense fresh water and dog food, full air conditioning in the summer and heat in the winter, and soft carpet for his paws. Though the great dog’s life was happy and content he longed night and day for a doghouse as grand as this. On the day of his birthday his owners gave him a doghouse every bit as grand as the neighbor’s. The great dog was filled with much joy, and right away went to test his new home. The doghouse was everything he had wanted, but he found that he missed the feel of the wind on his face, the beef bones his owners had given him, and the rough wood against his paws. Now knowing what it was that he had the great dog refused the doghouse and stuck to his old one.

 

Moral: That which you may long for is not as great as your mind made it to be. 

© 2013 Alexander Loux


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

242 Views
Added on September 17, 2013
Last Updated on September 17, 2013
Tags: fable, dog, lesson

Author

Alexander Loux
Alexander Loux

Dardenne Prairie, MO



About
I am a writer. more..

Writing