Journal Entry #2: You are beautiful for who you are!

Journal Entry #2: You are beautiful for who you are!

A Story by Terohime

pj[[n
"Those who mind don't matter "

             A lot of people thrive for others opinion, but why do they try so hard to impress everyone around them. Well it's because in this world, different is scary, if you are not like everyone else you are either labeled as a freak, weirdo, or outcast.  It seems that in this world they want everyone, to be the same. The same size, the same style, the same color even, well if that was to happen this world would not be as fun as it is.

             We need all of that diversity, it is what makes this world go round. A lot of people try to hide who they really are, and try to become someone who they are not. I use to be like that, trying hard to fit in, not doing what i love. Then one day i told my self, "This is not me, this is not who i am. I am someone i told my self i would never become." I had turned in to a monster, a cruel monster just to fit in, and be like everyone.

              I now know that who i thought everyone wanted me to be, was not me. It took a great will power to stand up, and become who i truly was. Even though i was different, or what a lot of people like to call a freak, or strange. I do not care, I love to do Cos play, Larping, and online role play. It took me along time to realize that if others don't like me for who i am, then they can keep it to them-selves.

             I am who i want to be, and no one will change that. You can call me strange, a weirdo, a freak, but that is not my problem. You are not the problem in this world, be who you want to be. Be that person who dances randomly in the streets, or go and dress up like your favorite character, or just run around expressing your self. You are not the Out cast of this world, you are the future of a brighter world, a world where everyone can be who they truly are.

              So you are not the problem of this world, or will ever be, the problem is that we all think that everyone should be the same. Well it is time to give up on that thought, that separation leading a lot of people out from who they truly are. So remember, the next time someone comes up to you and calls you a freak, weirdo, or out cast, say to them these words.
"I not a freak, weirdo, or out cast, i am me, i will always be me, and no one can change that."  
"and those who matter don't mind. "
―  Bernard M. Baruch
 

© 2013 Terohime


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I loved this, you speak such truth and it's brilliant! Loved the quotes

Posted 11 Years Ago


The unfortunate part is you are so right. So often times society wants to put us all into these tiny little compartments and labels of "sameness, homogeny or the like." I, too, share your opinion that diversity is a necessity in life if it is to be truly full and worthwhile. It took me until a few years ago to realize that the only person holding myself back in the world is me...just letting myself be who I am w/out worrying about what will be said about it. It has cost me a little hardship, but in the end I have faith it will turn out for the better. I kind of feel the same way about gender roles. It drives me crazy when I hear someone telling my son who is just now 4 that he can't do or like something because it's for girls. Who cares if he loves the color purple and the color brown??? I keep telling him that doesn't define who you are. I tell him his actions, how he treats others, and how he loves himself defines his character. The world is lost, but you never know the idea of DIVERSITY being embraced rather than punished might actually catch on! Till then thank you very much for sharing your thoughts. I look forward to reading more of your work :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Terohime

11 Years Ago

Thanks for the Review, and tell your son to be who his heart wants him to be, and people who accept .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 14, 2013
Last Updated on April 14, 2013

Author

Terohime
Terohime

south central, KY



About
I am a mother of two wonderful girls. Living an average life with a few twists and turns here. Taking time and writing is what i enjoy the most. Often it is my best way of expression. To sit back, rea.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Terohime