Invinisble

Invinisble

A Story by Tessah
"

A girl stuck in a harsh environment finds her voice and freedom in her dead mother's ballet shoes as she speaks to the world in ways no one had accomplished before.

"
 I take a breath as the spokesperson introduces me and I step out on to the stage, standing in front of the judges. "Hello."
 "Hi,"
 "Have you done this before?"
 "No, I've never done anything like this, but I want to because I have a family that is at home watching as the world is conforming them into what the world wants, not what they want to be."
 "Thank you, and good luck." I nod and take the microphone off as the lights turn off and the music starts and Katy Perry's voice comes on, singing her song 'Rise' as I start, the spotlight outlining me as I think of my friends as they suffer and how I used to stand down. Fiery passion flares through me as I slow back down with the beat and stop as the beat stops for a second as the crowd holds their breath and I leap through the air with the tempo again, spinning and spinning through the air before landing on my toes again and freeze as the song ends and the crowds roars.
 I watch as even the judges get to their feet and applaud before sitting back down in their seats. "Wow, that was incredible. I feel like-like you have told me, and probably everyone here and watching, about your battle with your family in New York. That life isn't easy for some people and you're like a symbol for everyone that is having a hard time. Which is why," I watch as Jim suddenly presses the golden buzzer and I cry as I watch the gold confetti fall around me and Nick, the spokesman, runs on stage and gives me a hug.
 "Oh my gosh."
 "You did it!! You're going to the semi-finals!" I laugh as the crowd roars around me and I wipe my tears away as I put the mike back on. "Oh my gosh, I can't thank you enough." I say as more tears fall and thank them again before walking off stage, headed to my hotel.

 Semi-finals week comes and I'm shocked when I find my best friend Ana and Dmitri at the front doors with Nick. "Oh my-what is going on?"
 "I had your two friends, here, flown to see you preform."
 "I have a better idea, what if the three of us did our dance?"
 "What?! No, no, no, no, no, no. I couldn't." I sigh as I look at them and they both decline. "Well at least you two could come watch the show." I say as I 

© 2016 Tessah


Author's Note

Tessah
This is a true story, but I changed the names and some other parts as well. :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

250 Views
Added on July 28, 2016
Last Updated on July 29, 2016
Tags: Talent, Humanity, Love

Author

Tessah
Tessah

London, United Kingdom



About
I'm not that good with expressing my feelings with my voice, but I can express it in my writing. I've had a hard life, but I'm climbing through the trails, clawing my way toward my happiness again. more..

Writing
Leilah Daliha Leilah Daliha

A Story by Tessah