Ocean Breeze

Ocean Breeze

A Poem by Tessah

Why should I change? If you asked the ocean to change it's tide for you, would it do just that?
Then why should you ask me to change the way I speak, or the way I dance or dress.
If you asked the wind to howl through the canyons, would it follow your orders?
Why should you try to change and mold me into things I'm not.
Why ask the sky for rain in a drought to rain and receive something that you hoped for.
I came here by chance and luck, I am who I am because I do what I love.
I act the way I want to
The people I see everyday don't have a voice and I want to give you the courage to stand up for yourself.
To stay true to yourself and not be someone's puppet.
Don't do the dirty work of others and do what you love in life, not what takes your time away.

© 2016 Tessah


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Exactly. We cannot be dictated by someone on how we lead our lives. All the inhabitants of this earth came here by chance, and all of us have the right to spend our stay on this planet just the way we want. Others may mislead us, though I will rule out the possibility of every piece of advice being just a mere statement to mislead us. Sometimes, we must listen to what others say- everyone has some well-wishers, but submitting to any person is not the way to live. Well-penned. Keep writing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Tessah

7 Years Ago

Thank you very much. And don't stop your writing either

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
1 Review
Added on July 28, 2016
Last Updated on July 28, 2016

Author

Tessah
Tessah

London, United Kingdom



About
I'm not that good with expressing my feelings with my voice, but I can express it in my writing. I've had a hard life, but I'm climbing through the trails, clawing my way toward my happiness again. more..

Writing
Leilah Daliha Leilah Daliha

A Story by Tessah