Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
What's Under My Bed?

What's Under My Bed?

A Story by Creepy Swine Guy
"

Who can sleep with a monster under their bed !?

"

     Tiny Stef curled into a petrified little ball, cowering in the murky corner formed by her bed and the two adjacent bedroom walls. She hid beneath her blanket, clutching her teddy bear and trembling like a nervous, pig-tailed, cherub-faced little Chihuahua. Tears streamed down her chubby little cheeks.

     In the darkness below her dainty pink bed, a slimy liver-colored tentacle, barely visible in the weak glow of the Pocahontas nightlight, quietly slithered closer to Patches, Steffy’s fluffy white cat. The cat saw the advance of the disgusting appendage, but didn’t immediately flee. Instead she hunkered down on her haunches and peered into the dark crevice where the pulsating monster lurked. The slurping sounds that emanated from below were so faint, that they were inaudible to humans. But Patches heard them. Her trance-like gaze fixed on the glint of three barely visible, lime green eyes that looked back out at her. Slowly, almost imperceptibly, the creeping tentacle drew closer and closer to the motionless feline. But Patches was fully alert and at the very last minute, she silently hopped up onto the bed. With that, the tentacle oozed back into its dark cranny, leaving a gleaming, clammy trail of nauseating glop.

     Then the noises came. THUMP … SCRATCH … THUMP … THUMP. Stef’s tiny hand reached from beneath the blanket and pulled Patches close to her. The cat gave her a sense of security, however unfounded it may have been.

     THUMP

     THUMP

     Stef peeked out from beneath the blanket at the telephone and considered reaching out to pull the phone under the blanket with her. She could call Uncle Paul; he told her that she could call him any time. She loved Uncle Paul; he reminded her of her daddy and that always made her feel safe. But she couldn’t reach the phone; it was too far away; if she came that far from under the blanket he’d see her. A narrow cone of light was cast in from the hallway as the door slowly crept open by a couple of inches.

     “You okay in there?” came a gruff male voice from the hall.

     “I’m okay.” came the little voice from beneath the blanket, tears now forming a veritable river down her cheeks.

     Stef was so gripped with fear by now that she lost control of her bladder. But she did not budge. She remained motionless under her blanket, silently praying as the door slowly began to close ... entirely too slowly. At the very last minute the door stopped.

     “I smell piss. Did you piss the bed again you little brat!”

     The door flew open, flooding most of the room with light from the hall. There in the light stood Tony. Tony was Mommy’s boyfriend and he wasn’t very nice. Stef hated the nights when her mother had to work. Those were the nights when Tony stayed with her. She always tried to go to bed early and hide, but Tony always came in her room. She wanted so badly to try to get the phone, but she tried that before and he got mad and shook her. He shook her so hard that her eyes hurt and she got dizzy. Tonight she just sat as still as she could and hoped Tony would go away or Uncle Paul would come. But neither happened; she felt his weight flop on the bed as he sat next to where she was huddled. The awful smell of the beer on his breath made her so sick that she wanted to throw up. Her quiet whimpers grew into full, heaving slobbering sobs, as he changed his demeanor.

     “Stef sweetie; I’m sorry I hollered at you. Come on out and we’ll get you all cleaned up”

     “No thank you Tony, I’m okay”

     “You can’t stay like that. Your mother will kill me.” He explained slyly as he began to reach his hand into her blanket fortress and slide it up her leg.

     THWACK !

     The sound resonated through the room as the slimy tentacle flew out from beneath the bed and threw itself around Tony’s right ankle. The appendage wrapped itself around his lower leg and began to tighten. The barbed spines that ran along the length of the tentacle dug themselves into the flesh of his calf. His blood-curdling shriek pierced the room, causing the little girl to flinch and cover her ears. Patches leapt from the bed, scurried through the open door and bolted down the hall with an angry 'Meow'.

     Two more squishy tentacles swung from beneath the bed and coiled themselves around his other leg and his torso. Tony’s eyes were the size of saucers as he kicked and flailed wildly in a hopeless attempt to ward off his gruesome attacker. Shortly after his legs and waist disappeared beneath the bed, another tentacle emerged. This one was different; it was pockmarked with grotesque follicles, half of which had wiry hairs protruding from them. At the end of this tentacle there was a spine like the spine at the end of a scorpions tail. The murderous tentacle thrashed maniacally about the room until it lunged at Tony impaling the spine deep into his neck. The appendage pulsed as it pumped an odious green fluid into the scoundrel's neck. Blood filled his eyes and began to leak from the sockets , nose and ears. The tentacle pulled itself loose from his neck with a horrible pop and the vein spewed forth a mixture of thinned out noxious blood and vile green poison that spilled onto the hardwood floor.

     As Stef peeked out from her hiding place, Tony’s withered corpse was slowly dragged beneath the bed. The sounds of cracking bones and slurping came from beneath the bed as Stef hopped to the floor and ran down the hall.

     In the light that streamed through the still open door, a tube like appendage slid out from under the bed and slurped up the putrid mix of blood and slime, two unsoiled tentacles popped out and pulled the Little Mermaid sheets and pillowcase from the bed and down below. They flipped the mattress and slinked across the room into a closet where they found new sheets to redo the bed. One tentacle lurched across the hall into the bathroom from where it took a warm, wet washcloth and a towel. Finally, the monster beneath the bed retrieved fresh panties and PJ’s from the little pink dresser and laid them on the freshly made bed.

     Stef poked her head around the corner for a moment then skipped back in her room. Three tentacles cooperated with one another to get her soiled clothes off, wash her up and get her jammied and ready for bed. As the tentacles retracted, Stef ran back out and down the hall. She returned with a tall glass of milk and a small plate with four slices of buttered toast, all of which she sat on the floor before climbing back into bed.

     “Thank you,” came the hissing voice from the darkness, as two tentacles dragged the milk and toast into the shadows of the bed, and a third slinked out and gently caressed Stef’s hair.

     “You’re welcome,” came the contented little voice as she rolled onto her side and fell into peaceful sleep, a smile on her face and a monsters tentacle rubbing her back.

     “BURRRP!” Came the last sound of the night from under the bed as the tentacles quietly placed the glass and saucer onto the sleeping girl's nightstand.
 

© 2011 Creepy Swine Guy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Such a wicked tale you have conjured up! I must say that I loved it from start to finish! Especially when we find out that the 'real monster' is Tony. I could practically hear "This Is Halloween" being sung in my head while I read it. And I couldn't help but picture this as some sort of short Tim Burton stop-motion animation film.I can't see very many ways that you could improve this tale, hmm, perhaps a little more of the story could be devoted to Tony, just to make him all the more ominous and menacing. But that's just the way I see it.If only my own monster had been that kind to me, but then again, my monster didn't live under my bed, but rather rested in its web on my window... (*shudders*) Perhaps now I can learn to come to peace with him.

Posted 16 Years Ago


7 of 7 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

That was perfect. It was one horror story that made me smile. Who would have guessed the delicious twist at the end. I hope the poor thing doesn't get indigestion. Well done CSG. Good to read you too. FYI and LOL there are products at the top of the page advertising "bladder relief" goods...Big brother reads our poems too.

Posted 9 Years Ago


f*ck yeah. very nice! P.S. in the description there's a typo you might wanna morph

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
ATG
This was a great story. It was very well written and entertaining. I did like the little twist at the end. It didn't surprise me, but it did make the ending very cute in a weird sort of way.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Haaa! A creepy little tale indeed - it reminded me a bit of something Stephen King would come up with, I saw 'The Mist' recently - the tentacles put me in mind of that. I liked the idea that (as Megan has said) that Tony was really the monster and that he came to a grisly end. It's good to have a 'guardian angel' sometimes... even if it is a tentacled, bone crunching blob. Nice work - I think if there was any part that could be further clarified it would be Stef's original position, I thought she was in bed first but she seemed to already be in her 'hiding place', or did she move there at some point throughout the story? It was a bit hard to follow - other than that, I enjoyed it immensely! Great write! Cheers!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ah. I like this story . Like monsters incorporated this one is nice...
I remember being afraid of monsters under my bed.. i wish that is all i had to be afraid of now.. Great story.

Chloe

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I can't believe that I never told you before how much I liked this story! I know I've read it before - maybe when you included it in your book. It's very good, has a nice twist at the end. Someone else commented on their wish to see Tony's character pumped up a bit. I think it would be helpful to expand his influence - perhaps by relating some incident that clearly shows his predatory nature. I realize that we do get a picture from Stef's reaction to him, though, so this isn't a criticism. Good story over all!

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

sounds like a monster i'd like to have under my bed..........

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

A fiting end for a worthless soul

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Very nice! You pulled me in, and just as I thought I would read about the monster and his horrible actions and started to cringe, WHAM! the action really began and I cheered! Very well told and executed. Loved it. You tell a wonderful tale, my dear friend.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Really enjoyed it.. Kinda scared me a little with the "Tony dying" part... really nauseating, or hwoever you spell it, cause I could actaully see it, like watching a movie being played.

Awesome writing.. cant wait to read more :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1905 Views
51 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on February 5, 2008
Last Updated on November 13, 2011

Author

Creepy Swine Guy
Creepy Swine Guy

Central, NY



About
The Ten Commandments of the Writer's Cafe (King Swine Version). 1. Thou shalt not plagiarize. 2. Thou shalt not treat badly any writer based on their age, social status, ability or creative view.. more..

Writing
Erased Erased

A Chapter by Creepy Swine Guy



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..