A Single Rose

A Single Rose

A Poem by Creepy Swine Guy


The wrinkles wind across his face

Like roads that led him to this place.
 
They led him to this place in time
Where tired eyes have lost their shine.
 
And now he stands there, leaking tears,
He's lost, his love of fifty years,
 
He kneels and leaves a single rose,
Wipes the tears, then turns, and goes.
 

© 2013 Creepy Swine Guy


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

How sweet and touching! I love watching some of the older couples, they look so cute together. But then one is called back home to our maker, and the other one seems so lost . . . Your poem is a lovely description of a very real moment. Two hearts that remain bound forever. Very nicely done.

Posted 17 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

That is truly touching. You captured so much emotion in a few words. I loved it :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ohhhh, how beautifully sad. :( What a touching tribute to lost love upon death. Such sweetness and gentle caressing expressed here in words. The fact that you used a single rose to represent is very poignant. Loved it. :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


How beautifully stunning and wonderfully wrenching these words of lost love are. Raw emotion seeps from every line. I especially like the first two lines, and the way you end it with the leaving of the rose. Nice write!

Posted 16 Years Ago


It's so sad, and very well-written.

Posted 16 Years Ago


the 2nd and 3rd stanza really did played the hearstrings, and i like the way you talk about losing tears, in the cemtery of aged times... i like the reminiscing aura it gives to the soul, thinking over their pasts, and a single rose would then eventually conclude the lonely visit...

i found people here who reviews this saying it is beautfully sad, and i agree with them but ironically its not as beautiful as to lose a partner then... thanks for submitting your poem in my contest...

Posted 16 Years Ago


if you were going to put any work into this at all, i would recommend expanding it a little, and maybe making the message a little more subtle by altering the more blunt lines. other than that, however, i think this a lovely, very simple piece with an easy rhyme scheme and a flowing rhythm.

very nicely done =)

Posted 16 Years Ago


Short and sweet.
How come you can convey such a poignant message in so few lines?
You are clearly the better poet.
I could not begin to imagine losing somebody that important to me.
It has beautiful flow and it is softly written :o)

GBG - Leah

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a very beautiful poem. If I was an editor though I would not have "led him to this place" in two following lines one after the other..Nice piece..Debbie ask me to read it..Valentine

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh, that makes me want to cry. The couple who live in the apt. next door to my office have been married 60+ years and he has recently become mostly bed ridden... I can't begin to comprehend the heartache of losing your life partner. You have here a beautiful expression of the loss, the pain! All I can say is wow!

Posted 17 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

That's some really deep stuff..

Posted 17 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

446 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 7, 2008
Last Updated on January 11, 2013

Author

Creepy Swine Guy
Creepy Swine Guy

Central, NY



About
The Ten Commandments of the Writer's Cafe (King Swine Version). 1. Thou shalt not plagiarize. 2. Thou shalt not treat badly any writer based on their age, social status, ability or creative view.. more..

Writing
Erased Erased

A Chapter by Creepy Swine Guy



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..