Man-tips: A guide to relationship survival

Man-tips: A guide to relationship survival

A Story by Creepy Swine Guy
"

A few man-tips to help the bewildered and uninitiated navigate the treacherous world of women and relationships.

"
Man-tips: A guide to relationship survival

So you’re in a new relationship, huh? Well congratulations. Is she special? Do you think she might be “The One”? Well permit me to offer you, at no charge, the benefit of my, all too extensive, “relationship experience”. The following is a small collection of “man-tips” that will help you to avoid untold quantities of estrogen-induced torment.


Fight Early

If you don’t remember any other man-tip, learn this one, learn it well and heed it! You need to understand that a relationship is like a hydrogen bomb (probably mere happenstance that hydrogen sounds a bit like estrogen). A relationship, much like a hydrogen bomb, has the potential to kill you and to level everything around you. Don’t worry though, it’s not fully armed… yet.

I always remember a chat with my best friend about our disastrous marriages. He told me that he knew he was in trouble when his new bride and he got into an argument shortly after they were married, and in the middle of the argument she declared, “I’m your WIFE now!” The rising of the hair on the back of his neck was an indication of the subconscious realization that the relationship bomb had just been armed. The primary way that the relationship bomb is armed is through the naïve utterance of two little words: “I do.” But I am not here to tell you not to marry. My father tried that with me, and I have tried that with many friends. The sad fact is than men NEVER listen to that sage advice. What I am going to tell you is this. Fight early. No, no, no … you don’t have to fight so early that you destroy all chances of … errrrrr … uhmmmmm … ‘entering the dragon’ (my apologies to Bruce Lee). Give yourself one or two reconnaissance boinks and then start picking fights. Why? Because you need to know, and you need to know now, if she is the right woman for you. You need to know if she has an itchy trigger finger. What you must understand is that once you arm the relationship bomb, it’s too late for you to find out that she has a hair trigger. So after you’ve ‘batter dipped the corn dog’ and before you arm the relationship bomb you must check to be sure that it’s safe. Much like you might poke through a pile of logs to be sure there are no snakes, you must poke her with a stick (no not that stick, you’ve already done that once or twice) just to be sure that you’re not marrying Mrs. Hyde. Because, once again, once you have armed the device she can initiate the ‘detonate sequence’ at any given moment.


Get A Dog

Once you’re in a relationship, you need to immediately acquire a dog. This is mandatory because as sure as Lindsay Lohan is headed down Dana Plato Boulevard, your woman is going to produce some noxious s**t on that stove. If you don’t have a dog, you’re going to pay a brutal price. If however, you have a dog, you can discreetly slip her most odious creations beneath the table, sneak out to Burger King and live without gastric Armageddon for yet another day. Understand though, this needs to be a big dog with an iron stomach. Because if you’re going to be disposing of some of her most noxious creations at sub-table level, you need to understand that this mush is going to be corrosive and will eat through a schnoodle’s gut faster than a Menendez boy goes through parents.


Do It Wrong

Never waste time arguing with her over something that she wants you to do but you don’t want to do. Here’s the secret: do it wrong. If she asks you to do laundry, smile and say, “OK honey, I’d be happy to.” Then proceed to do it wrong. I don’t mean run-of-the-mill wrong, I mean Larry, Moe and Curly wrong. When you are finished, put on your proudest expression, call her and show her what a wonderful job you’ve done. You must give her the impression that you are like a 4 year old who has just tied his shoes for the first time. If you’ve done everything right, and really screwed up the job, she won’t have the heart to tell you that you’ve screwed up. So there should be no fallout. She will simply think that if she wants it done right she needs to do it herself … and she will never ever ask you to do that job again. Don’t feel bad, she wants to feel more competent than you. With enough strategic screw-ups in the first year, you can free yourself of all domestic responsibility for the remainder of the relationship.


Watch The Game

This man tip does not work if you are in a relationship with a woman who is a sports fan. So contrary to popular advice, I’m going to suggest that you never get involved with a woman who is a sports fan. This man-tip is about sex. All too often I hear pathetic men whining about how their girlfriend or wife guards her happy area like a pit bull guards a pork chop. Although it is my opinion that such whiners don’t deserve to ‘slip into Happy Valley’, I’m going to make an exception just this once. Here’s what you need to do. The next big football game that comes on, record it. Record it on VHS or DVD, whichever you have available, but record it. Then, the next time you feel the need for some wifely attention, start playing the recording of the game when she’s not looking. Get a beer, sit down and once again, as with the “Do It Wrong” tip, commence with the very best acting job that you can muster. Act as though you are watching the greatest game in the history of mankind. Jump up and down, root, scream and cheer. Like men, women compete. But they do not compete so much with other people. They compete with the other things that men enjoy in their lives. A woman feels an increase in her self-esteem of biblical proportions when she can make a man give up something that he enjoys, like sports, fishing or hanging out with the guys. It is her ultimate goal to have you blankly sitting by the fountain at the mall, babbling incoherently and holding the shopping bags while she scours the mall in search of more bounty. But I digress. Back to our man-tip. Nothing will please her more than believing that you really wanted to watch that game … but you wanted her more. Tell me that you’ve never noticed the inconvenient coincidence that she always seems to ‘feel the need’ when the big game is on.

We men are usually so engrossed in our sports that we rarely notice the efforts that women make to get us away from our games. We usually just tune them out. When the game is over, we come out of our sports-induced trances with absolutely no recollection of the fact that our wives or girlfriends were strolling about the room naked with a whip, a container of chocolate syrup and her cute friend … and we can’t quite figure out why they’re so damned exasperated. I’m not sure, but I think that one of my early wives might have been abducted from the house during the 1986 World Series. When the game ended, the house was strangely pleasan … uhmmmmm … I mean … quiet and she was gone, along with many of her things. As you can imagine, losing track of a wife in that fashion would have been quite embarrassing, so I just told everyone that she left me.


In closing, let me take this opportunity to wish you the very best in your new relationship. I’m certain that you won’t need any of these man-tips because your woman is deeply in love with you [eye roll], but print them out, fold them up and tuck them somewhere in the back of your wallet … just in case.

© 2012 Creepy Swine Guy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh I think I may just have fallen in love with you a bit. This is the perfect foil to... oh I cannot say because I'd be breaking one of those darn WC commandments you've posted. I LOVE the "DO IT WRONG" Advice. Fellas, he is SPOT ON! I long tried to get my fella to admit to this but he simply would not. I was left with mere suspicion and pants that were too short. Just so you know... you've got many more of these yet to write. You've barely scratched the surface. So get on it man! Then ... head to my page and look around. All I can say (I'm no commandment breaker - well... mostly.)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Hey, Creepy Swine Guy, as you will see from my profile pics, I am all MAN, I can think of loads of acronyms that fit but no matter. I am inclined to agree with my review predecessor Shelley Holt-Lowrey, I think I have fallen in love, a bit. I have never given 100/1100 before but I can't stop laughing, so here goes. Keep up the fantastic work my creepy friend, All Good Things, Neville

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh I think I may just have fallen in love with you a bit. This is the perfect foil to... oh I cannot say because I'd be breaking one of those darn WC commandments you've posted. I LOVE the "DO IT WRONG" Advice. Fellas, he is SPOT ON! I long tried to get my fella to admit to this but he simply would not. I was left with mere suspicion and pants that were too short. Just so you know... you've got many more of these yet to write. You've barely scratched the surface. So get on it man! Then ... head to my page and look around. All I can say (I'm no commandment breaker - well... mostly.)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is what I've been missing all along...I need to get a dog, I only have cats....what was I thinking huh? Funny I enjoyed your post...and advice.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Creepy Swine Guy

11 Years Ago

Thank you for visiting. Pleased that you enjoyed.
This is so funny!! I love it!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

get a dog...best advice EVER! This is hilarious

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is ever so sad and really, really funny!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Eve
Just kidding, this was hilarious, thanks for the tips I'll be sure to remember them :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Eve
I'm calling your mother RIGHT NOW. heeeheeee

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

405 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 22, 2011
Last Updated on May 18, 2012

Author

Creepy Swine Guy
Creepy Swine Guy

Central, NY



About
The Ten Commandments of the Writer's Cafe (King Swine Version). 1. Thou shalt not plagiarize. 2. Thou shalt not treat badly any writer based on their age, social status, ability or creative view.. more..

Writing
Erased Erased

A Chapter by Creepy Swine Guy



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..