Natural Sin

Natural Sin

A Story by TheBubbleManiac

The people of Okawa Village feared sins. Anyone who committed one, was to leave at once. This was because they had something like a Sin God. Every time someone committed a sin, their Sin God would come to take them. But the God would bring destruction with it. So to protect themselves, the villagers would cast the sinner out of the village.
One day, a girl made a terrible mistake, and committed a sin. She was quickly cast out of the village, and at that moment she was alone. She stood in the snow covered ground, and stared at the endless field ahead of her. She did not know where to go. It was getting cold, making her hug herself tightly. She suddenly fell to her knees, shivering. She tried calling out for help, but her voice could not escape from her. Her vision began to blur, and the instinct of fear struck her heart.
In the distance, high in the sky, the sky was turning red. It inched closer towards her, and as it did, it almost looked like the red sky were dancing flames. Before she closed her eyes, she saw a black figure in those dancing flames, and she felt a small sliver of hope. Then blackness filled her vision, and she could no longer see what was happening.
The girl awoke to a warm feeling around her, and she found herself still in the snow. She looked up and her eyes widened at the dancing flames in the sky. She slowly got to her feet, and frantically tried to find somewhere to hide. She skidded to a stop when a figure appeared in front of her. Her heart was beating so fast that she was panting. 
The figure stared at her with wide red eyes. It had black pupils, and long black horns. It was just like a black shadow. It's hand was out, and red goo dripped from it. "What sin did you commit?" The gentle voice of a boy came from it.
The girl stared at him for a moment. Then she said, "I killed a woman, and stole her bread." She looked down in shame.
The boy just stared at her. "Why?"
"My family needed it. We don't have much money." The girl closed her eyes.
The Sin God slowly floated down and gently landed on the ground. The goo from his hand was gone, and he lowered that arm to his side.
The girl looked up in shock and stared at the God.
"You did nothing wrong. You may go back." He said.
The girl's eyes lit up. But then she sighed. "I can't. I betrayed my people." She ran her hand through her delicately long, dark brown hair.
The Sin God stared at her with curiosity. "Come with me then." He held out his hand.
The girl's eyes widened. "What?"
"Be my queen." He said.
The girl could not believe what he was saying, but she nodded and put her hand into his. 
The God then began to float up into his dancing red flamed covered sky. "You don't have to worry about being an outcast." He brought the girl close to him. "I'll protect you, and you won't have to leave."
The girl could feel a warm feeling escape from him, and she smiled. "Thank you."
The two then began to live happily. The Sin God took great care of his queen. He made sure she was well fed and looked like a beautiful goddess. But what he didn't know was that she was terribly weak, and when she caught an illness, there was no way of stopping it.
The girl never told him that the illness came from him. She kept on loving him while she lay sick in bed. Before she died, she told the Sin God to go and retrieve their child. She said she was in the snow covered forest where he had found her. "She's scared and alone. Take her, my husband, and protect her like you did for me." She let out her last breath and she passed with a soft smile on her face.
Later the Sin God went to retrieve his daughter. He held the delicate girl in his arms, keeping her from the cold. He then took her home, and vowed that he would keep her safe and make sure she would grow into a fine woman, just like her mother.

© 2015 TheBubbleManiac


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

267 Views
Added on November 8, 2015
Last Updated on November 11, 2015

Author

TheBubbleManiac
TheBubbleManiac

Polkville, NC



About
At first, writing really wasn't my thing. But a special friend of mine got me into some really interesting books, which showed me the way into the writing world. From then on writing has always been m.. more..

Writing