Calm

Calm

A by The Dark Lord

Feeling a bit calmer today. This is good. Being angry gets old pretty quick.

So... What's the thought of the day? Well. I suppose I keep learning the same lesson over and over again. I generally like to believe that I'm not so dense, but I suppose life can have its way with you. The concept of trusting yourself before anyone else for guidance is the theme. I guess it's not unlike trying to solve a complicated problem, or develop a new concept. It's like role play, with mechanics, people, and environment. Does that make sense? Role play isn't just for people. In other words, there is a core to most concepts. This core can be familiar, and understood. Even though the core is there, the little pieces of detail that orbit around this core may not be familiar. From a distance the object appears as the sum of its parts, the nucleus and orbiting particles. You may not yet have REALIZED all of these particles, but they're there, and they're as important to concept as anything else. It's not until you've realized each of these particles, that you can fully understand, appreciate, utilize, and embrace the concept in all situations..

The analogy is stretched, but hell, it made sense to me, and that's what really matters.. So, over and over again, I see in different ways, different subjects, different people, places, objects, yada-ya, that trusting my self is my safest bet... After all, who would have my best interest in mind anyway? So what does 'myself' generally incline me to do?

Be honest in all things. Sometimes it's awkward, uncomfortable, embarassing, revealing...... though it can be any of the above and more, it is also liberating. After all, you may be vulnerable, but you will also be understood. Like me, hate me, try to exploit my weaknesses, here I am... Some may believe it's naieve to try an be so open, as it can weaken your position. I say that's a bunch of s**t.. Seriously, in this free world we currently live in, if you're in a situation where honesty is too much a liability, go somewhere else? It's not the dark ages, and so far, this isn't a communist country.

© 2009 The Dark Lord


My Review

Would you like to review this ?
Login | Register




Reviews

This piece is quite deep indeed. Quite relatable too. I like how you convey your emotions freely, and it exactly conveys what most of us are experiencing. Nice work and keep writing :)

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

267 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 12, 2009