Simple things

Simple things

A Story by Charlotte Noir
"

This is a story about a boy and a girl, like many others before. She was fifteen and he was seventeen...

"

This is a story about a boy and a girl, like many others before. She was fifteen and he was seventeen. She was much prettier and stronger than she believed she was, and he was capable of being loyal and caring, although nobody ever appreciated this about him. They both pretended to know what they wanted in the future, but deep down they knew they were wrong.

It was a beautiful autumn afternoon and she sat home reading. The sun was drifting over the houses and she felt the sudden urge to be in the nature, outside where her soul could play so she took her book and her headphones and walked in the park. Everything was alive probably for the last time in the year before the piercing cold of the winter would settle. She enjoyed the feeling of being alone and yet surrounded by so many creatures. In moments like this she almost believed in god, because there had to e someone, who created all the wonderful things around her to enjoy them.

He was walking trough the park with no real purpose feeling very confused on he inside. There was a great maze of feelings and wishes inside him, and sometimes there were so many, he felt he would explode or faint under the pressure. It was one of those moments and he needed something to hang on to so that he would not ignore reality. He hated reality and choose to ignore it as much as possible. And then he saw her. She was sitting on a bench reading a book and listening to music. She seemed happy and enjoying life. She had a little smile on her lips, she probably wasn't noticing it, but it made her face light up and her beautiful feautures shine.

Without thinking he went to her and sat on the bench beside her, casually leaning on his back.

Her breath stopped, as out of the blue a beautiful and mysterious sat next to her. He was sitting there as if they had been best friends their whole life not complete strangers. She was scared to death and then, something inside her told her to keep it simple. She hated overthinking. Why couldn't reality be simple? She turned to study the boy, who was really beautiful as stated before. He seemed lost in his world. Maybe he was crazy, and for a stupid reason she didn't mind that: if he was crazy she didn't have to pretend to be normal. She turned to her book.

“How do you do it?”, he asked with his eyes still closed.

She barely heard him over the music so she stopped it before turning to answer.

“Do what?”

“How can you look so happy in this world? How can you look contempt with reality?”, he asked opening his eyes to study her.

She blushed under his gaze. She looked even prettier like that, he thought.

“I'm glad this is the impression I leave but I'm not happy with this world”, she said.

“Then what do you look happy about?”, he asked.

“I'm happy with all the others realities I create for myself or I read about in books. My soul is happy in every world and reality and that's why I'm happy.”, she answered bot knowing why she told him this incredibly stupid and on the other hand sincere thing about the way she lived. Because it was not her way of surviving...

“...this is the way I live my life, not just get by from day to day. And I know it sounds crazy, but it's only a matter of perception”, she finished her though out loud.

He was stunned at the depth of her thoughts. He didn't find it appropriate to ask why she told him that, because it would make her uncomfortable, he was sure. And she was right, her way of living sounded great to him. In that moment he felt there was a possibility to overcome his internal confusion. He started to understand hi feelings. She had brightened his day.

“One more question” he said.” Why aren't you scared?”

“What? Of you? Of now?”, she said and got closer to him to be able to look into his eyes.”Life is to short to be insecure or worried about little things. Sometimes you just have to let it go and see what happens.”

“Do you always say something surprisingly deep and intelligent in the best moments?”, he asked the first thin that came to his mind and regretted immediately. It was a stupid question.

She chuckled at his confusion and then smiled gently. She liked this boy, who seemed to have it all under control, but had actually a very hard time controlling his feelings.

“I say what I find important, that's all”,she answered.

“Have you ever been surprised, the way you surprise others?,he asked with a sneaky glimpse in his eyes.

“I don't think so”,she lied. He had surprised her just now by sitting on the bench and talking to her. She didn't want him to think this was the most interesting thing that happened in her life so far, because he may think she was boring. But her thoughts were interrupted as he surprised her again, leaning forward and pressing his lips softly on hers, sealing that way, her very first kiss.

© 2013 Charlotte Noir


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
Added on October 13, 2013
Last Updated on October 13, 2013
Tags: love, lovestory, teenagers

Author

Charlotte Noir
Charlotte Noir

Romania



About
I am Nobody and aspire to be Everything. I dream big only to fall harder when I'll hit the ground. But I want to find the courage to stand up. more..

Writing
Smoke Smoke

A Poem by Charlotte Noir