Home

Home

A Poem by Jazz Newport Green
"

Just thinking about what 'Home' is.

"
Home. That word. I'd give anything to be where that word is. I'd give  anything to be home. That word of four letters. What does it mean?
It means a place to shed tears while screaming into your pillow 'I HATE YOU! YOU"E THE MEANEST MOMMY EVER!!!!"
Home.The place where your'e crying into the pillow forty three short years later weeping because the greatest mother ever is no more.
Home. The place where you walk in the door with your boyfriend to see your dad cleaning a shotgun. Home.
The place that boy left you as he took off running.
Home.The place where you walked down the aisle with your papa holding your hand as he's about to hand you over to that boy.
Home. The place were that boy becomes a man as he braces for fatherhood, when you first tell him what the blue line on that little blue stick means. Home. The place where that father teaches his little boy in blue, to swing a stick and hit a ball.
Home. That place where you learn to use a cast iron pot for more than just cooking when an arrogant teenage boy needs readjusting.
Home. The place where his father wonders when that boy will learn his lesson.
Home. The place where two men sit down,one old,one but a boy, one to teach a lesson on life, one to listen.
Home. The place the young man is walking out of forever.Home.The place where a mothers tears are noticed as her boy tosses stiff into his truck waving goodbye; where that boys father offers a firm handshake and turning away so his son won't see him cry.
Home. The place where that young man returns with his new girlfriend.Home. The place where that new girlfriend is told how to sweep a floor, bake chicken,fold clothes and watch her future mother-in-law redo everything she just did.
Home.That place where she realizes it'll be like that forever.
Home.The place where two young parents bring there youngin' back to. As he throws a tantrum yelling how mean his mommy is. Home.Where his mother cries at hearing those words.
Home.Where two old people sit, laughing together over times past. Reminiscing over their young souls.How they give their heart way to just the right person.Home.It's where the heart is.

A lot of things happen at home.'Home' carries a lot of meaning. Home- the place where some fight so hard to get away from.Home.The place where some would give anything to get back to.Home.I never could define home. It's a strange word. Some mistakenly think a home is four walls.That's a house- and a house is not a home. It's not the four walls bit the four people inside them. The people who love-and for some it's the people who hate.Home.It's-that place.

Home is one of those few words that defines itself.Normally we people create and name things.But whether we like it or not we at some point  have a home. Not a place to return to,nor where we are going.
Rather a place that we have come from.
But that's just me thinking again.

© 2013 Jazz Newport Green


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
Added on August 8, 2013
Last Updated on August 8, 2013