Forget Religion. Remember Love.

Forget Religion. Remember Love.

A Poem by The Imaginarium
"

Strangely this poem actually came to me in a dream, in Dec 2010. I woke up in the middle of the night and wrote it all out. It must be for someone out there.

"
Part 1:

"So you're a christian?", he asks, "well I'm gay so what does your God have to say about that?"

Frozen. Still. Religious law between us like a wall. 
Your question not a question, just a point you're trying to make. 
And you wait for me to say it, just to hear me say it too. 
But as I dig inside me for answers, religion I do not find. 
I just see the God of love "who died for me while I was still a sinner" 
The God who looks past my mess and sees His Son in me. 
The God who embraces me even with the sins that I do not yet see. 
The faithful friend who walks with me, completely understands me, my battles and blindness... yet doesn't rush me, but patiently teaches me and leads me gently in steps, a journey to freedom.
The wall has dropped, at least for me... and I see the question beneath your question.
"What does your God actually think of ME?"

I look up at my friend, "lets put all debates to the side" I say, "and leave it up to God, 
to show you the answers his way, for plain words can not describe... 
But for now, my friend, what matters most, the thing you gotta know is:
"Forget Religion - Remember Love"  - and in time he'll show you


Part 2:

So here's my answer to your question, what you gotta know; 
It's that God really loves you, and there's nothing you can DO...
Even at the worst in life, he'll never change how he feels for you.

So forget all condemnation, what you've done or who you are.
Before you change a thing, he still takes you as you are! 
Jesus made a way, the creator - he accepts YOU!!! 
Even at your worst....his back is not turned, and if you think it is, 
please turn around, cause he's the one facing YOU!

Maybe bruised and confused, but HE knows who you are. 
The mess doesn't phase him, he just wants you as you are! 
So no more faking or hiding or denying the reality inside you, 
for the God who made you knows it all & offers life to you NOW!

Misjudged, misunderstood; a past of no more words? 
And you may think he would never understand what brought you to be like this? 
But He knows and he was there, and every painful moment - your tears he shared.

So for a moment please forget religion, and just remember LOVE...
For love is simply who God is, and it's that you cannot miss!

He loves you, he loves you, no matter what you DO.
You can run and try ignore, but let's face it, it's the one thing your hearts aching for!!! 
Love. Acceptance and no need at all to earn it. 
But why and how? For me, a mess like this???? 
Listen up! The price was paid, our freedom bought, for all who don't deserve it.
So I guess that counts both me and you too? We do not need to earn it!

Many waist their time trying to work their way to God,
But never really get to rest in his loving arms. 
Others keep their distance as they just cannot believe,
That this gift of love is actually free, but its really love they just can't receive.

The king himself says to you
"Relax my child ... be still.
Now take a moment, take a breath
Receive. Know I'm with you.
I'm here if your back is turned 
And I'm here if your facing me.
Either way i'm right here but I'm never leaving you.

I'll wait and wait for you... 
Don't try fixing yourself first. 
Simply walk with me now, 
and I will show you meaning and rest.

© 2012 The Imaginarium


Author's Note

The Imaginarium
I know this is a sensitive topic. But the words I have expressed are genuine words from my heart, what I truely believe and I understand that a lot people may disagree with some of it. Eitherway, I hope this encourages you in someway.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like how you structured this. It's a philosophical debate and it's incredibly well-written/
Agreed with Ishmael; I definitely don't disagree either. It's a shame that people use deities and religion as a way to almost brainwash people into believing one thing while they act in a way that completely contradicts their claims.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Your hope wasn't in vain for this has encouraged me. I appreciate your well structured thoughts. Very organized I must say. Your subject really is sensitive but with your power of writing I really think you have done your part

I applaud this piece and the talent blessed upon you

Thank you for writing this :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The Imaginarium

11 Years Ago

So glad u were encouraged by it... thanks for your review :)
Katherine Enma Pineapple

11 Years Ago

You're welcome :D I'm happy to please
I like how you structured this. It's a philosophical debate and it's incredibly well-written/
Agreed with Ishmael; I definitely don't disagree either. It's a shame that people use deities and religion as a way to almost brainwash people into believing one thing while they act in a way that completely contradicts their claims.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well, I for one don't disagree. The first thing they taught me in Sunday School was that "God is love". It wasn't until I grew older and came into contact with adults that I realized that humans liked to play God and put words in God's mouth about what is "right and wrong" and think they can judge other people better than God can. If anyone reads the Bible, I mean from front to cover, they would see, Jesus would be the last person to condemn anyone who had love in their heart. What makes us think we know more than Jesus? My opinion, people need to mind their own business and let God do His job.
A great piece of writing here. Keep up the good work.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

286 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 15, 2012
Last Updated on July 15, 2012
Tags: god, jesus, grace, love, religion, christian, homosexuality, gay, lesbian, anybody, friend, truth, freedom, hurt, acceptance, answers, questions, judgement, journey, gospel

Author

The Imaginarium
The Imaginarium

Australia



About
26. i enjoy writing film scripts, fiction novels, poetry and reflections of life and truth discoveries. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..