Resonance of a Soul, Removed

Resonance of a Soul, Removed

A Poem by J.M. Santós

*Breathe in*

Mother universe
Show me how to breathe again.
Feel my feet against your soil and ground me, I beg of you, ground me.
For my spirit has wandered into hollow caverns that she was never meant to step soul in, and in doing so has lost herself.
Invigoriate my will, and learn me confidence in my sense of direction.
Cleanse my palate of the bitter tastes that lost souls have left beneath my tongue when all I wished was to light to the confines of a troubled mind.
Take me back to a time when I was ignorant to the heinous acts one will commit in the name of "love" as their way of cauterizing open wounds inflicted by others before me.
Learn me forgiveness, and gift me back the solitude that once accompanied me within my silence.
Learn me my humanity; for in accepting vibrations beneath my own, I have become just another ripple in their frequency.
Raise me up, mother.
I know there is a well in the center of your universe that can heal me.
Bathe me in it.
For I exist nowhere but up there. Somewhere. Teetering on the brink of insanity as I dance between the gravitational pull of black holes and meteorites.
Guide me back to myself and ground me.
I beg of you, ground me
Because losing my mind is a battle I was never prepated to fight.
Show me how to breathe
Again.

*Breathe out*

© 2018 J.M. Santós


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I would buy your book dear Poet. Your words, wonderful and needed.
Learn me forgiveness, and gift me back the solitude that once accompanied me within my silence.
Learn me my humanity; for in accepting vibrations beneath my own, I have become just another ripple in their frequency."
The above lines. True and needed place to know. Thank you dear Poet for sharing your amazing words and thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 5 Years Ago


There is a strain of powerful spirituality running throughout this poem, the spirit of which reminds me of the Biblical parable of the prodigal son. Still, and I hate to sound like a pedant, learn and gift are not verbs.

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

716 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 5, 2018
Last Updated on December 5, 2018
Tags: Troubled, will, Universe, mother, Earth, grounding, soul, direction, cleansing, forgiveness, forgive, love, self love, solitude, mental health, insanity, sanity, cellestial, breathe, breathing

Author

J.M. Santós
J.M. Santós

Fort Myers, FL



Writing
Alma Alma

A Poem by J.M. Santós