FALLEN

FALLEN

A Poem by NeiL ArandA
"

Love is not blind, it sees but it doesn't mind

"


 

FALLEN


I have been given this divine task
A direct order from His Excellency

To win this mortal soul back to my Master

So I came with such great urgency,

and disguise myself as a mediocre writer.

 

I was an archangel, a messenger.
Second only in command.

I was fully prepared, in full battle gear

With my helmet, breastplate and shield.
I'm perfect and mighty in every way.
'Till I saw and beheld her face that day.

  

Her unorthodox writing style captivated my heart.
Jericho would surrender right from the start.
With just a whisper of her magnificent pen.
She's the real McCoy; the true Helen of Troy

To such beauty there's no defence.

 

I was intrigued by her expansive knowledge of philosophy

Her shear mastery of Greek, Egypt and Roman mythology

Her close affinity to fantasy, this dark side of me

All I know that it wasn’t my cup of tea.

And I was strictly forbidden to see.

 

Somehow I was still drawn to her own world
And before long this earthly sinister bug bit me.

Plunging me to this uncharted sea
Where my Master never intended me to be.

Now my heart has been ripped open.

 

I've become just like them !

I felt this overwhelming pain of knowing and not telling

Its inescapable agony, very strange feeling.
Perhaps this is how human love must have felt.
Don't know which is worse, It weighed heavily on my chest.

 

There in her presence I saw
my own imperfection.
My invincibility in question

She came and completely swept me off my feet.

Without any chance of retreat.

 

I saw my faith crumbled, and I wavered beneath her feet.

I'm suppose to win her soul back to Him

 and yet she won my heart instead.

 

And I fell for her, faster than a falling meteor

Ignoring what's right and wrong
Oblivious of any eternal repercussion.


I loved ...


And the consequence was beyond description.
I have been cast out from my heavenly home

Stripped of my rank and position.

 

 I’m still here, don't know how long
Waiting

in this deep, dark, cold and lonely Abyss

Where no light could ever penetrate.

 

Here in this forsaken place, I’m chained

Along with my fellow Nephyllim

Awaiting verdict, my eternal punishment.

For the unpardonable sin - of forbidden love

And insurrection, I miss her ...



by  NeiL ArandA  01/23/2014


© 2017 NeiL ArandA


Author's Note

NeiL ArandA


" I thought I found the road somewhere, somewhere in His grace "

Nephyllims are fallen angels that are still chained to this very day to perpetual darkness awaiting their final judgement for abandoning their post and having relationship with daughters of men.

The music video " One Last Breath " by Creed complimented the piece and message perfectly well. Please pay close attention to the lyrics . Thanks for reading ...

Words and thoughts inspired by Belle

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Ah, forbidden love.

For a person to turn back on his sworn duties and responsibilities and his willingness to accept all the risks speak so well of how the fallen angel must have been passionately and deeply taken with her. Which made me think: if we were to weigh things, what's more important, duty/responsibility to others or personal happiness (love)? And if ever we make our choice to pursue such love, will that make us completely happy when we know all along that someone will be hurt? Which made me ponder even more: how could a person be able perform effectively and properly perform his duties and responsibilities if he is feeling downright miserable? Ah, so many questions without definite answers. In your piece, the fallen angel seems able to taste love’s momentary bliss and embrace gracefully the consequences thereafter. Was the momentary bliss worth the lifetime punishment? The last part in this piece appears to answer in the affirmative. Who are we to judge?

A tragic love story. I enjoyed reading this piece.



Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

NeiL ArandA

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much Gabrielle for your in depth insight and review. Its always a pleasure to ponder yo.. read more



Reviews

That line from that Bible has always intrigues me "...and the angels of God saw the daughters of men, and they were fair..."

Posted 10 Years Ago


NeiL ArandA

10 Years Ago

Wow ...you know where I got my story...
Like they say:" It is never too late." We go through life with endless temptations and we all fall in some sort of mistakes or sins but as you know and I'm not trying to be preachy God's door of forgiveness is always there. The poem was so touching and raw in its sincerity...You have penned a great one...:).........

Posted 10 Years Ago


NeiL ArandA

10 Years Ago

Thanks again my friend for your consistent support and encouragement ...
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

You are welcome...:).......................
Ah, forbidden love.

For a person to turn back on his sworn duties and responsibilities and his willingness to accept all the risks speak so well of how the fallen angel must have been passionately and deeply taken with her. Which made me think: if we were to weigh things, what's more important, duty/responsibility to others or personal happiness (love)? And if ever we make our choice to pursue such love, will that make us completely happy when we know all along that someone will be hurt? Which made me ponder even more: how could a person be able perform effectively and properly perform his duties and responsibilities if he is feeling downright miserable? Ah, so many questions without definite answers. In your piece, the fallen angel seems able to taste love’s momentary bliss and embrace gracefully the consequences thereafter. Was the momentary bliss worth the lifetime punishment? The last part in this piece appears to answer in the affirmative. Who are we to judge?

A tragic love story. I enjoyed reading this piece.



Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

NeiL ArandA

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much Gabrielle for your in depth insight and review. Its always a pleasure to ponder yo.. read more
Battle between divine duty and earthly love. It becomes difficult for the persona to accomplish his task as he falls in-love with Helen of Troy...Ah love, such complexity it brings.

An intriguing story, Neil. I wonder who the woman behind this confession.





Posted 10 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
NeiL ArandA

10 Years Ago

Thanks for dropping by Belle. I'm honored by your presence and by taking the time to read this piece.. read more
Hmmm the cheating heart bleeds crimson here, 'bless me father for i have sinn'd'...perhaps a confession, sounds as though you took a bite of that forbidden fruit. Compelling read, something different and unique from your pen....I really enjoyed this one Neil.

Posted 10 Years Ago


NeiL ArandA

10 Years Ago

Ms Frieda..I thought about that as my beginning line but the piece took a different form. " Forgive .. read more

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2260 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on January 23, 2014
Last Updated on January 20, 2017
Tags: Forbidden Love, Fallen Angels, Admiration, Crush, Falling In love, Best Love Poem

Author

NeiL ArandA
NeiL ArandA

Pearl of the Orient Seas



About
JESUS AND THE SPARROWS Consider The Sparrow Here Jesus was walking alone along the Mediterranean Sea near Tiberius in the northern part of Israel and He offers seeds to some sparrows searchi.. more..

Writing
ABSCOND ABSCOND

A Poem by NeiL ArandA



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Silent W***e Silent W***e

A Poem by KWP