LIBERAL'S CANADIAN MIGRATION

LIBERAL'S CANADIAN MIGRATION

A Chapter by NeiL ArandA
"

Post Election Migration

"


On Latest News of Left Wing Liberals Crossing The US-Canadian Border.

 

During the Cuban missile crisis of 1962. An armada of Russian navy ships marched across the Baltic Sea bringing covert convoys of chopped parts of what it seems to be a long range Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles ( ICBM ) to Cuba which could reach US soil and hit strategic key military targets within minutes.

The United States under President John F. Kennedy issued a naval blockade of all Russian ships docking on Cuban shores. A powder keg situation ensued while the Russian navy ships armed with warheads awaits orders from Kremlin to change its rules of engagement. The world held its breath and braced for the possibility of an all out nuclear showdown between two powerful countries. President Kennedy along with his cabinet made a remarkable political maneuver.

Rather than deride the Russian enemy making a complete turn around and gloat over their humiliating retreat, He offered them something they can't refused. He promised Kremlin that Cuba will never be invaded by US nor US will meddle in its internal and political affairs, He promised to removed all US forces in Vietnam in exchange for the Russia's military base dismantlement in Cam Ranh Bay. 

Hence, he allowed his opponent, helped his Russian counterpart to save face, which averted a global nuclear disaster of cataclysmic proportion. And we all live to see our children's children and tell his legacy...

by neil aranda



© 2016 NeiL ArandA


Author's Note

NeiL ArandA
Thoughts on Right Wing Conservatives gloating over the Left Wing Liberals loss

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i really like this piece...it isn't about rubbing in victories...we can be happy to succeed against an opponent...but the real humanness comes with letting the other side save face---to give them something positive in defeat.
i remember walking back and forth to school during the Crises...wondering whether i would get to school or get home..it was scary....

j.

Posted 7 Years Ago


NeiL ArandA

7 Years Ago

Thank you Sir Jacob for finding and reading this. I wrote this as an allegorical response to many wh.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

531 Views
1 Review
Added on November 26, 2016
Last Updated on December 22, 2016

RANDOM THOUGHTS


Author

NeiL ArandA
NeiL ArandA

Pearl of the Orient Seas



About
JESUS AND THE SPARROWS Consider The Sparrow Here Jesus was walking alone along the Mediterranean Sea near Tiberius in the northern part of Israel and He offers seeds to some sparrows searchi.. more..

Writing
ABSCOND ABSCOND

A Poem by NeiL ArandA