ARBOREAL

ARBOREAL

A Chapter by NeiL ArandA
"

...

"

ARBOREAL

They were the under par in their class of '91 who didn't make the cut even for the lower section.

These two long time friends, the fish and the snail had been seatmate in special education and countless remedial class for second rate student who equated school and academics with scaling the tallest tree in the forest.

Who often wondered what Pythagorean Theorem has anything to do with predicting someone's success in the future.

The snail who is well acquainted with the word slowness. Whose scholastic performance, were always eclipsed by their classmates agility. Supported by their extracurricular appendages. Their axon and dendrites works with phenominal speed while theirs flows like molasses 

The snail who understand well what it's like to be lag behind after he and his family relocated have wondered how his friend, the fish, could ever pull through in college.

It takes millions of years to evolve growing appendages, let alone wings. Did he get in trouble and get kicked out of school ? He warned the fish to never associate with the beaver who tampers with the tree trunk. Did he lost heart and eventually quit ?

So one day the snail and the fish crossed path and the fish answered his long time friend's questions. That school is not about whose the best and fastest climbers but rather of friendship and camaraderie.

And along the way he found God who saw his predicament and flooded the forest ...


by Neil Aranda 02/23/2017



© 2017 NeiL ArandA


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ah, friendship between latebloomers. School is not really about grades and awards, it is about building character. But unfortunately, the educationsystem appears to focus more on grades and scores. I do love reading stories like this.

Posted 7 Years Ago


NeiL ArandA

7 Years Ago

Hi Gab ! That's the word, latebloomers ! This writing is not up to par. It lacks flow and rhythm. I.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
1 Review
Added on February 24, 2017
Last Updated on February 27, 2017

RANDOM THOUGHTS


Author

NeiL ArandA
NeiL ArandA

Pearl of the Orient Seas



About
JESUS AND THE SPARROWS Consider The Sparrow Here Jesus was walking alone along the Mediterranean Sea near Tiberius in the northern part of Israel and He offers seeds to some sparrows searchi.. more..

Writing
ABSCOND ABSCOND

A Poem by NeiL ArandA