THE CHESS PSYCHOLOGY OF FRIENDSHIP

THE CHESS PSYCHOLOGY OF FRIENDSHIP

A Chapter by NeiL ArandA
"

Exclusion is never a way forward on our shared path to freedom and justice

"


The Chess Psychology of Friendship

Like the game of chess you read your opponent's move and allow him to be overconfident as he undermine your critical and cramped position.

What rules of engagement to employ? You don't attack if there's no reason to attack neither make a hasty retaliatory move to thwart your opponent's aggression which might compromise your still shaky and unstable position. Let him trust and glory in his momentary spatial advantage as he commit in pleasure and overextend his forces.

How do you respond ? You simply make a developing move and further improve your status or position. Then show in the end one's positional advantage and what both have loss or gain. You simplify the game by exchanging major pieces. Hence exemplifying miscalculations and early errors made by your opponent early in the game.

Then in the end every dubious moves and ulterior motives constituted a blunder and transmuted in the position that is later lost or too late to redeem and recover.

The same thing applies in the chess game of life and friendships. It takes years to build, much time and effort invested, great focus to maintain but only seconds or one careless move to destroy it ...

by Neil Aranda 07/26/2017



© 2017 NeiL ArandA


Author's Note

NeiL ArandA
If you happened to be a chess player. What is your thematic response to the rare, unorthodox - Exclusion Variation of the Friendship Defence ?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The goal of chess is to win through strategy while the goal of friendship is to foster bond. Perhaps, if we constantly guard the actions of another towards us, it would show that there's no intent at all to strengthen the relationship.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
NeiL ArandA

6 Years Ago

Thanks Gab, I'm glad you continue to read and patronize my writings. And of course decipher the auth.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
1 Review
Added on July 27, 2017
Last Updated on July 31, 2017
Tags: Chess, Friendship

RANDOM THOUGHTS


Author

NeiL ArandA
NeiL ArandA

Pearl of the Orient Seas



About
JESUS AND THE SPARROWS Consider The Sparrow Here Jesus was walking alone along the Mediterranean Sea near Tiberius in the northern part of Israel and He offers seeds to some sparrows searchi.. more..

Writing
ABSCOND ABSCOND

A Poem by NeiL ArandA