Life Is Never Fair

Life Is Never Fair

A Poem by TheLostMind
"

Walking to the funeral of a person you loved...

"
I walk along that crowded lane.
Wondering how long I'll feel the pain.
My broken heart keeps banging against my chest.
Is it time for it to rest??.
Even though I try to leave them behind...
Those memories of her still haunt my mind...
Pale and motionless,she stings my eyes....
She drives me insane, she makes me realize..
Life is never fair, my friend...
Coz all good things are destined to end.....
I thought that she was the one for me...
God wasn't fair in setting her free...
The void left by her can never be filled...
The funeral was hers', but it was my soul that was killed...
Now, against my weak heart I fight...
Wondering what's wrong and what's right...
Your consoling words won't suffice..
They inebriate my brain, they make me realize..
Life is never fair my friend...
Coz all good things are destined to end...
I think of her night and day...
Wondering why God took her away ..
I try to keep my spirit alive...
Its been ripped, left to die...
I feel her pain, I hear her cries..
Shattered, broken, slowly I realize..
Life is always fair, my friend...
Like all broken things, even this will mend..

© 2014 TheLostMind


Author's Note

TheLostMind
Replaced - "Like all ruined things, even this life will end.... " with "Like all broken things, even this will mend..".. There is always hope :) ..

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I feel very heavy after reading this piece ...Love is something that can never fade..it grows deeper and deeper with every passing day ..Love lets you live ..but sometimes it just lets you live without life ..

I walk along that crowded lane.
Wondering how long I'll feel the pain. (Indeed in a crowded lane..you find yourself even more lonely with the pain insane ..)

Well written but as said leaves the reader's heart ripped apart ..

Posted 9 Years Ago


TheLostMind

9 Years Ago

Thanks :).. Yes, "true" love is something that can never fade...
"Love is something that can .. read more
That is sad you lost someone. It's amazing how powerful a person's image can be, sometimes people try to guide us away from our homage which we also need in order to grasp, grasp at, appreciate, love and give credence to all that there is out there and all we must do and mull over and plough over, hoeing, seeding, planting. There is much in the grains of truth and sand. I wish to God to see some people again and I have to take all the time to wonder why and what to do about it, or not, how to use it for my life at present and etc.

Posted 9 Years Ago


TheLostMind

9 Years Ago

Thanks for this wonderful review,Laura. :)
I can feel the emotion in your words, which is quite touching. Unfortunately, I have walked that "crowded lane" and it's a heart wrenching walk. Although there are a few spots where your meter is questionable, your rhymes aren't forced, they flow naturally. Breaking up the verses into two lines helps the flow quite a bit. A good poem and an enjoyable read.

:) Julie

Posted 9 Years Ago


TheLostMind

9 Years Ago

Thanks for the review, Julie. I really appreciate it. As far as meter is concerned, I will try to do.. read more
Take it from an old guy, I walked that road a lot of times and yeah your right those broken heart times will mend eventually but one or two will leave a lingering whisper and a sigh of memory, it happens but it won't stop you moving on, a great poem my friend, i like every part of it and putting it my library, thank you :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


TheLostMind

9 Years Ago

Thanks a lot sir ... :)
R Smith

9 Years Ago

you are very welcome :)
try out the free verse type of poetry next Time. rhymes in poems usually curtail freedom of expression. But you are good buddy. excellent job.

Posted 9 Years Ago


TheLostMind

9 Years Ago

Thanks :)..
I admit, I read the other reviewer's comments and agree with the overall sentiments about rhyming and meter, having said that... I didn't even realize that this one rhymed.. I was lost in the emotion.. in the meaning... in the moment..

"Your consoling words won't suffice..
They inebriate my brain, they make me realize.."... these are the ones that hit me, and made me think... very creative, expressive way of putting it..

I like how you made it feel less heavy with the ending.. hope is the one thing I never want to lose.. well done.. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

TheLostMind

9 Years Ago

Thanks ma'am :).. Glad you liked it.. Yes, hope keeps us alive.. Some people pin their hopes on Apri.. read more
Well another good piece but like last time i would suggest you to do something without rhymes because rhymes restrict vocabulary and you can take you writing to a whole new level of depth and complexity because you are talented.

Otherwise a well done piece.

Thank you for sharing.
Angad

Posted 9 Years Ago


TheLostMind

9 Years Ago

Thanks Angad.. I will definitely keep your words in mind the next time around.. :)
Very sad words. Even though it ends looking forward, it still leaves the reader feeling bereft.

NOTES: Rhyme and strict meter aren't required to create well written poetry (balance is necessary, though); when you do rhyme, meter matters.

Posted 9 Years Ago


TheLostMind

9 Years Ago

I agree.. Rhyme and strict meter aren't required to create well written poetry.. Will keep that in m.. read more
MomzillaNC

9 Years Ago

You're welcome. Hope it was helpful.

4
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1694 Views
39 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on October 26, 2014
Last Updated on October 26, 2014
Tags: lost love

Author

TheLostMind
TheLostMind

About
I love reading poems. I will be reviewing your poems / stories as and when I get some time. I like honest reviews, so expect my reviews to be honest. If I have reviewed your poem, I have done it becau.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Aware Aware

A Poem by Sami Khalil


Distance Distance

A Poem by A. Amos