Chapter 3: Confessions

Chapter 3: Confessions

A Chapter by Lydia

  "Kelsey! Ryan is here!" called her mom from downstairs. Kelsey had invited Ryan to come over that afternoon. She was tired of being so alone. She rushed down the stairs, and almost collided with Ryan at the bottom of the steps.

 

 "Happy to see me?" Ryan teased, a sly smile spread across his face.


  "Not particularly," Kelsey retorted. They had always been that way with each other. Teasing nonstop, but they understood each other, and never took any of the harsh words personally.


"Whatever."


  Kelsey laughed, and shrugged, leading him into the living room, and plopping down on the couch. "So, what do you want to do?" she asked, turning her head towards Ryan who was leaning against the side of the couch.


  "I don't know. What do you have to eat?" he questioned, before turning around and heading into the kitchen. Kelsey heard the refrigerator door open from the other room. Ryan was the type of friend who made hisself at home, ate all your food, and didn't even think to ask first or apologize after. But their families had been friends for so long, no one cared. She walked into the kitchen, and watched as the tall boy rummaged through the fridge.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


  After a couple hours of watching TV, playing videogames, and just goofing off Ryan suggested they go outside. "What are we going to do out there? It's dark," Kelsey asked.


  "Thats the best time to go outside. I like to look at the stars, and stuff," Ryan explained. He had always been the nature-y type. More interested in constellations, and things like that than most teens. That was one reason why Kelsey liked him so much. He was different, and he wasn't afraid to make it known.


"I guess so," she agreed, "Let's go."


  They walked out onto the wooden deck that was attached to Kelsey's dull, suburban home. Kelsey took a seat in one of the patio chairs, and rested her elbows on the table. "It is pretty out here," Kelsey sighed, tilting her head up to look at the sky.

 

   Stars were everywhere. More than usual, actually. Ryan nodded not saying anything. The look on his face told Kelsey he was thinking about something. After a few more moments of silence Ryan said something that Kelsey didn't expect. "This reminds me of Lauren. She always liked the stars," his voice cracked slightly as he spoke, "I miss her."


  Kelsey drew in a shaky breath. This was the first time Ryan had shown any emotion about Lauren's death in front of her. It caught her off guard, and before she had time to control herself, her face was buried in her hands, and the tears were flowing non stop.

 

   Ryan turned around quickly. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. Are you alright?" He placed his hand on her shoulder.


  Kelsey couldn't keep this from him. He was her friend. If she told him not to tell she knew he wouldn't. She knew she could trust him with it. She raised her mascara stained face, and looked into his eyes. I hope I don't regret this.


"I-I know who killed L-Lauren."



© 2012 Lydia


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

great job again truly ":3 KEEP IT UP!

Posted 11 Years Ago


OH SHIZ. :o THIS IS SUCH A CLIFF- HANGER. do more of these for sure.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

324 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 17, 2012
Last Updated on July 28, 2012


Author

Lydia
Lydia

Enchanting Wonderland of Fantasies, AL



About
Hello, people of Writerscafe.org! Here are some random questions to get to know me better: 1. What's your favorite candle scent? Anything that has some kind of baked good in the name. 2. What f.. more..

Writing
Over Again Over Again

A Book by Lydia