Colorful

Colorful

A Story by TheLoversCheat
"

I wrote this short story for my English 2 class.

"
     I remember the day I met her, as if it was just the day before. Her colors faded in for the first time, her soft peach skin and strawberry hair wavy as if red, orange, and yellow ink were spilled into a cup of water. Curls fell down lightly around her shoulders and matched her sea green eyes that glistened in the light as if water was moving within them. Freckles splattered across her face like stars on a clear night spreading over her face and neck, leading down her arms and legs. They taught us in elementary school about these colors, before you meet your soul mate everything will be in black and white. Of course I never believed them until I met her.
“But be cautious, just because you met them doesn’t make them mortal, everyone can die” the teacher said smiling as she turned back to continue the lesson before. Once I met her and saw colors I made a promise to always protect her so no harm will come her way. I repeated those words in my head as I bought her and myself a tuna sandwich from the food cart by the park. Every day since her promotion at the office I sit outside across the street and eat lunch with her. I turn around smiling as she waits for me at our spot, a bench by a rose bush. The roses always compliment her hair in the sunlight. She’s staring off at the children climbing over the jungle gym, a little boy picked up a dead brown rat and chasing a girl with pigtails in a red shirt around the playground.
“I got you tuna this time I smiled sitting down next to her handing the sandwich to her. She jumps once she heard me, quickly grabbing the food out of my hand. “So what were you staring at?” I asked as I watched her slowly unwrap and bite into it. “Just the kids” she spoke muffled by the food in her mouth. She swallowed and looked at me taking in a breath but stopping. “Yes?” I looked at her as I unwrapped mine taking a bite into it. The fall breeze feels great, leaves brushed past us. “Do you love me?” She asked intently. “Of course! I’ve always loved you, never stopped” I smiled grabbing her hand but she pulls it away. “Do you see colors?” she asked softly staring down at her hands. “Yes, do you?” I asked back worried about the answer she would say next, I can feel my heart beating faster my breathing stopping. “…No” she said tears filling up in the corners of her eyes.
I can feel the tears behind mine threating my lids as I blinked faster to keep them back. She gets up and throws her sandwich away into the trash bin “I have to go back to work, I’ll see you later” She said in a monotone voice walking away from the bench to the cross walk. I watched each step thinking to myself, “maybe I can get her to see colors…Maybe I can help her see! I am her soul mate after all!” I start to get excited as I yell out her name “JESSIE!” Getting up leaving everything on the bench towards her, she was already crossing and she turned back with a confused and surprise looked on her face. Next thing I remember is a sound of a horn and the sound of a bone being cracked by metal.
          Her body was squeezed between two cars, just below her chest. She stares startled down shocked by what happen, I scream running towards her grabbing her hand and the side of her face repeating on how she was going to be ok, breathe slowly, and don’t die. Everyone started to crowd us, some helping the drivers out of their seats, some watching from afar. Then I heard the snap of a camera, I turn around to find two teenagers, one holding a skateboard begging his friend to stop and the other with a flip phone pointed at me. I angrily walk over snatching his phone out of his hand, “What do you think you’re doing?!”I yelled at him, his friend coward behind him. He just smirks, “I just wanted to take a picture old man, move.” I glare at him looking down to snap his phone in half when I realized, I grabbed a blue phone not a grey one. I fight back the tears as I slam the phone on the ground and stomp on it till it was tiny pieces of plastic on the ground.
“HEY!” the teenager yelled at me moving my foot to pick up what was left of his phone but his friend finally grabbed him and dragged him away. Later after trying to comfort her, policemen showed up to the scene and pushed me away, I stare from a far as firemen and an ambulance shows up. Why did it have to be her? Why couldn’t she just try to see color? I go back to the bench and slump down my head in my hands finally letting the tears go, I watched a line of ants attack the sandwich I dropped, watched as the red finally faded away from their bodies, and the sound of cars and sirens fade into hum as my world fell.

© 2015 TheLoversCheat


Author's Note

TheLoversCheat
It might be wrong a little here and there.
901

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Great how you work the colors into the story. The meanings of love and colors flow into each other, well done.

Twist of events keep the adrenaline flowing. I think there could be more to the ending though. Difficult to say what but the story builds up to a higher potential.

Well done. Could you read mine ?

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This was a very moving story about a man whose live was not reciprocated. In life we may love someone who does not feel the same way.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love how you started it!
It pulled me into the story!
Well done!!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great how you work the colors into the story. The meanings of love and colors flow into each other, well done.

Twist of events keep the adrenaline flowing. I think there could be more to the ending though. Difficult to say what but the story builds up to a higher potential.

Well done. Could you read mine ?

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

491 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 24, 2015
Last Updated on May 25, 2015

Author

TheLoversCheat
TheLoversCheat

TX



About
Rest.In.Pages Movement of a Pen The Smell of a Book Dictionary Worms Twitter:: wampireabsol08 Instagram:: GuagedBeanie Kik:: TheLoversCheat Goodreads:: TheLoversCheat SnapChat:: missvampir.. more..

Writing
TBH TBH

A Story by TheLoversCheat



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..