Little Red [The Untold Tale]

Little Red [The Untold Tale]

A Story by Victoria Harlequin
"

I know it might seem kind of sad, but I thought it was funny at the time.

"
Little Red
 
I’m sure you have all heard the story of Little Red Riding Hood. The version I’ve heard, and is the most common, is when Little Red Riding Hood’s grandmother ends up sick so she goes in the woods to bring her food. On the way, a wolf approaches the girl and asks where she is going, which the girl answers nervously. The wolf suggests for her to go and pick flowers for her grandmother, and so she does, and in the meantime he goes to her grandmother’s home where he… swallows her whole. When the girl reaches her grandmother’s home, the wolf is there disguised as her grandmother and soon after, the foolish wolf consumes her whole as well. A hunter shows up (which is soo unexpected) and shoots the wolf dead, saving the girl and her sick granny. Well, I would like to take this story into my own hands and change it a little! It might turn out terrible, but at least I can say I tried.
 
“Dearest, your grandmother is quite ill.” Little Red Riding Hood’s mother was cooking up a pot of stew. “Why don’t you take her some food Little Red?” You see, “Little Red” was the sweetest child in the entire town. She would help Ol’ Bill, the poor man who was always found wandering around the church, and take care of him when he was ill. Little Red would run errands for everybody in the quaint little area, help wash clothes with Mrs. Rosemund and much more. So when her mother asked this, she jumped out of her seat with delight. “Of course mother! I would love to.” She picked up a basket near the table and filled it with fruits, vegetables, and bread. “Be careful of the wolves Little Red, I would dread the day you were hurt by those malicious creatures!” “Yes mother, you needn’t worry about me.” With that, Little Red hopped out of the door and skipped into the woods. 
 
The forest floor was covered in leaves, and trees so high that not even The Giant himself could reach the top. Little Red looked around in joy at the beauty of the old wood; she loved going to see her grandmother. Her soft and curly blond hair bounced as she skipped, and her vivid blue eyes wandered over the falling leaves. 
It was such lovely weather, but that didn’t stop Little Red from wearing her hood. That girl went nowhere without it, nor would she even attempt to. The moment she saw it at the town market, she fell in love. Its silky feel and blood red color would make her cheeks all the rosier. So, with plenty of begging from Little Red, her mother bought if for her and from that day on she never took it off. 
There was a scurrying sound close behind Little Red and a low growl. “Oh no!” Her mother had warned her about the wolves, but she didn’t think that they would want to feast on her delicate little self. “Hey there my beautiful red darlin’.” Little Red turned around hesitantly to find a dark brown colored wolf sitting in front of her, staring into her eyes. “H-h- hello wolf. What is it that you might b-be wanting from me?” The wolf grinned, his tongue rolling off to the side of his mouth. His ears perked up and his gray eyes flickered over her. “Where you headin’ off to? You shouldn’t be out here all alone.” 
 
“I…I was just on my way to my grandmother’s house. You know, to b-b-b-bring her some food. She is very sick.” The girl was beginning to worry as the wolf circled around her, eyeing her basket. “Well, ain’t you a sweet lil’ thaang?” said the wolf. “Why don’t you pick your granny some flowers too? I think she’d well like that,” he let out a heavy chuckle. “Don’t you?” Little Red smiled forcefully, “Y-y-yes, she would like that very much.” Little Red began backing away, basket gripped between her little hands. “I’ll go pick her some nice lilies, or maybe pink roses? Good-bye, w-w-w-wolf.” 
 
She turned away from his wide smile and began skipping away again. ‘Boy, that sure gave me a fright!’ thought Little Red. So, as the wolf had suggested, she found her way through a random field of flowers and picked some that she thought would delight her grandmother. Little Red couldn’t wait to get to her grandmother’s home, she would be so surprised and happy! Thinking about all of it excited Little Red very much. Soon, she found her way to the little home and knocked at the door. The house was a pale yellow and beige color with soft pink shutters that had flower pots around the sills of the windows. “Come in dear Little Red!” That’s odd, grandmother shouldn’t have know that she was coming to visit her. She opened the door all the same and nearly screamed in shock. That was not her grandmother, it was the wolf! But Little Red couldn’t let the wolf see she knew or else she would get hurt. “Oh grandmother, you really are sick! Whatever happened to make you look so?” Little Red rushed to the bed and began her charade. 
 
“Nothin’ to bad sugar, I just have a bad cold … is all?” Said the fake. “Hmm, I see. Well why don’t you let me get a good look at you? I might’ve seen this before.” The wolf pushed the blankets up more and shook its head. “Why not grandmother? I can help.”  Little Red put her hand on the blanket, the other holding the basket and pulled it down. This made the wolf angry, and he growled lurching out of the bed. “Okay you little b***h, I ate your grandmother. Now I’m gonna do the same to you ‘cause I ain’t gonna put up with your little tricks!” Times like these, Little Red was happy that she had prepared herself. “I don’t think so Mr. Wolf. You have underestimated my naive looks and you will regret that you did. It wasn’t right for you to eat my grandmother, so I will have to hurt you.” The wolf howled with laughter and dropped down to the floor rolling. “Aha…waaa…oh my…hahaaa!” Little Red stood there watching the wolf in his hysterical state and laughed to herself. She pulled out the sword she had found along the way to her grandmother’s. It must’ve belonged to a soldier because of the size and design of it—how could a soldier leave something like this behind? Little Red questioned, but let it go. “It is quite funny isn’t it wolf?” Raising the sword with her tiny hands, she shoved it into the wolf’s chest and screamed. 
 
All of the laughing and hollering stopped, and Little Red smiled in satisfaction. Then, a painful, ear stinging cry came from the wolf…but it wasn’t the wolf. Wait…the wolf…hadn’t he said that he ate… No, her grandmother! Just then, a hunter dressed in brown camouflage busted open the door with a fully loaded gun. “I thought I heard some ruckus, what’s going on…?” He looked down to see Little Red weeping on her knees, next to the wolf.   
 
Silly Little Red Riding Hood!

 

© 2009 Victoria Harlequin


Author's Note

Victoria Harlequin
Ignore all grammar and/or incorrect spellings! I wrote this without checking it so be kind. I know it's not the best, but I like it. Tell me what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This story has lots of potential. First off I'd correct all the typos it's very distracting to the reader. It takes some of the juice away from the story. I'd revamp your intro paragraph- make it part of the story-. Instead of making it a authors note make it part of the narration- for example you could say You found this version in a attic- and discovered to your surprise that it was the original manuscript from the Grim brothers-( or something of that nature) it will add a little more depth to the run of the mill boring authors note.- - just a suggestion-

The story telling was done well- Liked the ending when she killed her grandmother as well- very Grim.

This could be a very good short- needs a little tweaking but overall I liked it-I love twisted fairy tales- The wolf scene in the woods was done very well-... excellent tone and dialogue-. like I said this has great potential - good job.


my warmest
bob

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Little Red......I really liked your twist with her name and her confidence and the street talking wolf! lol!
Very cute!

Posted 15 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Bud
A fresh twist on an old story. I enjoyed it. She should have saved Grandma before she plunged the sword in the wolf! I may be a little sick for finding humor in this... :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


Yeah I wouldn't bother with the whole "might be terrible" part.
also some better spacing between dialogue and description would help the structure.
It was a pretty neat version. must admit the ending is a tad confusing.
I'm guessing grandmother was all chewed up?


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Cam
Oh I enjoyed this, I really wasn't expecting that.
it is true, the original one, or there are so many people have redone, the one you talked about is...
Oh, so not surprising.
But yours was very!
I never expected it!
Great Job Overall :D

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

please explain me this story, I want to understand the pointe.
I liked how you wrote this but too complicated for me to find out
the truth of this.

thanks a lot for reading my small poem.
lara

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I don't get it...The end is confusing. Lol other than that it was very good writing.
Z

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This story has lots of potential. First off I'd correct all the typos it's very distracting to the reader. It takes some of the juice away from the story. I'd revamp your intro paragraph- make it part of the story-. Instead of making it a authors note make it part of the narration- for example you could say You found this version in a attic- and discovered to your surprise that it was the original manuscript from the Grim brothers-( or something of that nature) it will add a little more depth to the run of the mill boring authors note.- - just a suggestion-

The story telling was done well- Liked the ending when she killed her grandmother as well- very Grim.

This could be a very good short- needs a little tweaking but overall I liked it-I love twisted fairy tales- The wolf scene in the woods was done very well-... excellent tone and dialogue-. like I said this has great potential - good job.


my warmest
bob

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ha ha! Good. I like it! But forget about all that "it might be terrible" nonsense at the beginning. Be confident and proud of your work, it's good!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A bit confusing at the end... I thought the grandmother was inside the wolf and got stabbed along with the wolf.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ignoring the grammar, spelling and a few other issues, the story itself was quite good

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

323 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 10, 2009
Last Updated on June 12, 2009
Previous Versions

Author

Victoria Harlequin
Victoria Harlequin

Come away with me to never never land so I can run when you try to rape me, MI



About
Nazario S. [IMH] Ser fuerte para su papa y su verdadero familia Well let's see, I enjoy writing (poetry, blah blah) for one. I've been writing for quite some time, and if you were t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Demented Demented

A Poem by Jason