In Time

In Time

A Poem by Victoria Harlequin
"

I really don't consider this to be a poem, just something that ran through my mind and I just wrote it down. Maybe a long thought ... Yes, that's seems to make sense to me.

"

Watch me cry with all that I've got

See me crawl into a liar's arms

Empty and full of nothing but loneliness

My eyes are wide open and all I see is black

My ears have been clear forever and I hear steady ringing

I'll be fine though - time will go by

I will stand on the broken glass

Walk through the acid filled tunnels

Then step up to the world

I'm going to use everything in my past

In the end, I will illuminate strength

© 2009 Victoria Harlequin


Author's Note

Victoria Harlequin
Just a random, rather long, thought. Give me your opinion on it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The thought is a bit muddled in parts, but I think I get the basic idea. A commentary on how one can live there lives trying to take in everything and yet absorb nothing perhaps? Just another thought I suppose.

Posted 14 Years Ago


My opinion is this ... I thought it was a poem ... an excellent poem. It speaks to some hurt without being whiney. It speaks to loneliness without being whiney. My only suggestion would be this ... I would add punctuation. You see since you wrote it, you hear it in your head with all of the appropriate stops and pauses (line breaks do not necessarily indicate pauses or stops in poems). We don't know how it is supposed to sound though. We are at a disadvantage because we didn't write it. The punctuation acts as instructions on how to read it for us.

But I digress! I loved the grace and rationality in the face of hurt that you show with this poem; the descriptions are on point and the sadness was palpable. Excellent write.

Posted 14 Years Ago


You truly have no idea how much I can relate to this poem...and not just because that is me in the picture (though that is cool). Though sometimes we completely confuse each other I really do believe that we are very similar...after all you are my Mexican sister from another Mr. :)

Carol


Posted 15 Years Ago


I like random long thoughts. They're more honest, or at least it seems that way. I agree that this does exude strength. To me, it says that whatever comes can try to kick my a*s, but I shall persevere.

Posted 15 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
ICE
Amazing! You exude strength. By the end of this piece you got through it all...and became a better person for it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Bud
This is far from random, in my opinion. It is very poetic, as well. In a small space with few words, you have made a statement that takes a lifetime of negative experiences and poured a heavenly dose of optimism onto it. Declaring to the world that you have not been beat...but won!

"I will stand on the broken glass
Walk through the acid filled tunnels
Then step up to the world
I'm going to use everything in my past
In the end, I will illuminate strength"

Your emotion comes through loud and clear with this piece of art that you have created...I was drawn into it as I read...my own emotions stirring. Outstanding write and work of art! Keep up the Amazing works of talent!

Posted 15 Years Ago


i love this. i think it was beautiful and so well written.


Posted 15 Years Ago


Beautiful you really captured something great here.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I love it! It's beautiful and brilliant. You really captured a strong emotion and I like the strength that finishes it off. Great work!

-Howl

Posted 15 Years Ago


Brillant poem! i've been trying to write a poem about myself for a little while now and it doesnt seam to be working lol. Great job

Posted 15 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

719 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on April 13, 2009
Last Updated on June 12, 2009

Author

Victoria Harlequin
Victoria Harlequin

Come away with me to never never land so I can run when you try to rape me, MI



About
Nazario S. [IMH] Ser fuerte para su papa y su verdadero familia Well let's see, I enjoy writing (poetry, blah blah) for one. I've been writing for quite some time, and if you were t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Wolf The Wolf

A Poem by Marlena


Eyes Eyes

A Poem by Marlena